BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Mafia III

unreality

Now let's stop bickering . Unreality , you are the host and I have no objection to that . I can't speak for Itachi , but if he's not there for mafia IV , I am afraid there will be a huge void , which will be difficult to fill .

Come on Itachi : GC pleading : , unreality talks that way , but he doesn't mean any of that . He called my move stupid last game , but that's just him . He speaks out uninhibited . That's all , there's nothing more to that .

EDIT : Typo .

lol gc, this would be nice to hear from anyone else, but it was you who wanted to kill me right off the bat, thus creating 'a huge void' right? Nah, you guys were fine without me. Seriously, have fun, but I'm gonna sit 4 out.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now let's stop bickering . Unreality , you are the host and I have no objection to that . I can't speak for Itachi , but if he's not there for mafia IV , I am afraid there will be a huge void , which will be difficult to fill .

Come on Itachi : GC pleading : , unreality talks that way , but he doesn't mean any of that . He called my move stupid last game , but that's just him . He speaks out uninhibited . That's all , there's nothing more to that .

EDIT : Typo .

I agree. Unreality, you've already put a lot of effort into planning MIV, I'm sure you want to see if (how) it works. When others ask if you are missing out because you're not "playing", I think you're not. You have what you wanted. You come up with a puzzle, and watch as 21 players try to figure it out.

Itachi, I do hope you reconsider playing MIV. You've got some time to step away, let everyone cool off, then decide.

Good job innocents! I just woke up and then it was all over :)

Thanks unreality for a very entertaining game. Your posts were detailed , full of hints and very creative... Also appreciate your taking the time to moderate the whole game... Well played everyone! I guess perhaps the inspector was a bit powerful, but then again... we didn't see the mafias (GC,BB and me) complain about that the last time - so maybe it has something to do with the hopelessness that set in for the mafia when it was 1 to 10 :P ... Just kidding!!!

Great game everyone (except the lame-O's who left in the middle of the game)

Edit: 200th post!!

Edited by kingofpain

lol gc, this would be nice to hear from anyone else, but it was you who wanted to kill me right off the bat, thus creating 'a huge void' right? Nah, you guys were fine without me. Seriously, have fun, but I'm gonna sit 4 out.

That was because I was mafioso in this game( now I have been mafioso for the past 2 games) , so next time I am sure to be an innocent . And that was a compliment to you , since you are a dangerous player irrespective of your role . :D

Hmmm... this is one of the biggest drawbacks about any game of mafia...Someone dies early and there's little they can do about it... Of course, I'm sure you realize that. It is not cool to not play because this happened to you... We all were aware that it could happen when we signed up...

What if we made the rules for day/night really simple for Maf IV? Day is day, (call it 9am-10pm Unreality time) and night is night, (10pm to 9am Unreality time). I know that ending at 10pm Unreality time seems early, but that allows for people to get their night posts in at a decent time.

What if we made the rules for day/night really simple for Maf IV? Day is day, (call it 9am-10pm Unreality time) and night is night, (10pm to 9am Unreality time). I know that ending at 10pm Unreality time seems early, but that allows for people to get their night posts in at a decent time.

Not a bad idea, that gives about 12 hours per day/night and 24 for one cycle. That would force people to be on at least once a day, otherwise they don't vote or do their role's ability.

Ok EVERYONE - I made time for this and a lot of attitude sucks -

Unreality - you shld have another life - we said you work hard and though your creativity may give you a kick, your welcome to play elsewhere

Itachi - you play a good game - you play it your way - I play it mine

non posting barely active participants - all suck at not giving it a run after Host and players committed - you bailed - bad form and imolite

those that stood in, including those killed off - FanQ for stepping up, that was not easy for the newbies to take it on

I'm not likely to be around for M IV - kat jumps to M VI if this is going to be tetchy at best which is not even part of the role play then I'll give it a miss too - was enjoying it a hell of a lot, but will only play if the rules above the top in pink band blue writing are followed - be polite! (unless it is the role - mafioso are not good on manors)

Hope you all get into M IV with the best intentions - cos this cld affect the den as a read through

Impatience

over posting unnecessary between play (not the RP)

not posting but voting

not participating in RP dialogue - same as above but not giving it a proper go with an odd line

Had you pegged Itachi-san Mafia baddie - you are a quality player as is brandon - many roles were obvious to all (especially when i can work them out)

Good luck M IV, thanks to those that invited me in - shame about the end - what good is a bomb that does not blow up

Still say we need a dole who makes a good mole

Thanx Host for a great job - why are we rushing btw - 1 day = 1 mafia night, 2 days = 1 mafia night and day - its enough

I think the time zones are the biggest sucking problems here US, UK, India remember to take your time when you hurry - :lol:

LIS - aka the dumb blond bomb

itachi and host pls do not fude - make the next one better together - you are both quality on here

Edited by Lost in space

that would be nice yeah..

and it was nice of u to hv changed ur vote to itachi in the end! ;)

Edited by Nayana

Not a bad idea, that gives about 12 hours per day/night and 24 for one cycle. That would force people to be on at least once a day, otherwise they don't vote or do their role's ability.
yeah that works, not.. if your not in the US it is a mess stretch the play not condense it

yeah not sure if this is a good idea. I think we should all just have a no-rush attitude for the next game ;D

anyway, I would still be glad if Frost hosted Mafia IV... :P but I will if he doesn't want to

Good job innocents! I just woke up and then it was all over :)

Thanks unreality for a very entertaining game. Your posts were detailed , full of hints and very creative... Also appreciate your taking the time to moderate the whole game... Well played everyone! I guess perhaps the inspector was a bit powerful, but then again... we didn't see the mafias (GC,BB and me) complain about that the last time - so maybe it has something to do with the hopelessness that set in for the mafia when it was 1 to 10 :P ... Just kidding!!!

Great game everyone (except the lame-O's who left in the middle of the game)

Edit: 200th post!!

well you played that right KOP- it was well done to spot the power and one of the reasons that brandonb drew me out before i cld really think - it never was a problem other than it cld have exposed a badddie - i think the lie detection is a lttle too strong, need to be reduced and kept secret how much use it has - cld be one of the reasons ppl clammed up or waffled

Itachi - you play a good game - you play it your way - I play it mine

of course LIS, i never meant anything personal at all, you're one of my favorite people on this forum. i only said some dastardly things to stir up the pot because i was asked to join in at a very inopportune time for the mafia. I think LIS and KOP may have taken offense to me along the way, so i apologize, i was only playing the part guys, it was nothing personal, i just had to mess with you to take some attention away from the matter at hand - which didn't work b/c LIS picked up on it of course... and KOP: getting killed first sukd, but that's part of the game. i was disapponted, but fine with it. That has nothing to do with me not playing mafia 4.

non posting barely active participants - all suck at not giving it a run after Host and players committed - you bailed - bad form and imolite

yes i agree, but the rules could have been tweaked during the game to slowly leak the id's of the inactives to the active players. having other players fill the role causes way too much problems because they obviously knew who they were before too.

those that stood in, including those killed off - FanQ for stepping up, that was not easy for the newbies to take it on
thanks for acknowledging that because that's really the root of the problem for me. i was asked to take a role to help the game continue and it turned out to be a very difficult one to pull off at the time. I was pretty stressed about it and was left out to dry for a very long time by the one who asked me to come help.

i only got pissed at you for th first time like 10 minutes ago when you said i pmed you that bullsh*t. otherwise it was all very fun and i thank you, but now i have a sour taste in my mouth and i'm done with this
Pls spit out the bitter taste or I'll do the heimlich on you and send in the sirens and blow you up again :D

Itachi pls take a break if you need it - but wld be a shame to not have you there and unreality posting - a dutch expression translated onto english I thank you from he bottem of my heart and from my wife's bottom! both of ya make the game great but both take a chill pill and lets move on

yeah not sure if this is a good idea. I think we should all just have a no-rush attitude for the next game ;D

anyway, I would still be glad if Frost hosted Mafia IV... :P but I will if he doesn't want to

It would be nice to have a little restraint on the times, probably no more than a day per day/night(2 days for one cycle) as LIS said. That gives everyone the oppurtunity to do what they need to if they get on once a day.

If you really want me too, I can host IV, though you might have to help me a little bit, I've never done anything like it. B))

Besides, you're really good at hosting Mafia, and your stories are great. :D

I understand that the idea of making a full day-night cycle fit into a real-time 24hr period is difficult for the different time zones. But the no-rush thing also makes it difficult to sort through page after page of people talking about stuff that's relevant, but still not important.

I still feel that something needs to be done where a cycle doesn't move so fast that it's easy to track who is doing the PMing during the game-night and therefore nail them. So if there was a definite time for the cycles to start and stop then people could plan around this game better.

Since we can agree that a 24 hr cycle doesn't work for the different time zones, and I'm sure everyone would agree that a 48hr cycle would be terribly painful and slow. I'm wondering about a 36hr cycle. 24hrs for day, 12hrs for night (or maybe 18-18). Every time zone gets hit at some point at a decent time, and the times alternate every-other day b/c of the 12hr night. There would be no rush in the game, people would know when the posts were going to come, and I believe it would help with some of the idle chatter b/c people wouldn't bother logging on just for M IV and therefore getting impatient.

Also, the deal with people sitting out and stuff. The above mentioned method would allow for people everywhere to get on at their convenience. People would not be unjustly determined inactive, b/c with this method, EVERYONE would have to vote in the lynchings. One missed vote =boot (unless sufficient posting (not just logging in) in the mean time to undeniably show participation).

I have to agree with LIS, the lie detector may have been partly to blame for people clamming up. Don't get me wrong, I love the lie detector ability, but it really seems to be a problem for the momentum of the game. So I'm voting in favor of lynching the lie detector ability. I do think it would be cool for the bomb to have some other ability, but if the bomb can only be the bomb, then so be it.

I for one still think this game has been great. There are still a few flaws (like seeing who is PMing in the "online list") but all in all this is a great game. I'll second the kudos given to Unreality for starting the Mafia games. It was a great idea and you have been doing a great job conducting them. I know there have been bumps along the way, but you still are doing your best and we appreciate it, thank you Unreality.

Itachi, well played man. Hope to see you in M IV. What are your thoughts on the specific time constraints I listed above? Would that make it better in your opinion?

Good game all, lets not get down because of how this one turned out. After all, we are going back to awesomeville. Where the rules are clear and the games are fun. :D

Edit: BTW, I see that we are about to hit 1000 in this thread. But I was thinking, isn't the "signup" thread still kinda just an extension of this one? So the way I see it, we are almost up to 1500!

Edited by Brandonb

also, in the rules so far for Mafia IV, I've had the lie-detect ability be used at night (any but not 2x in a row). No using it during the day. I think that's a major improvement

true, there would be less demand for using it up front in dialogue in the game. but I still think it would make things complicated as far as people still clamming up. though that is a huge improvement