BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Mafia III

unreality

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

to litttle input to make good use of it, they say nothing concrete and IMLRG is not helping

Any thoughts on lucifer, turning the vote around without much input - thats a bit concerning that someone else has controlled the votes - did i miss something while pre celebrationaly focused

I think it may be best to save it for now. Who knows what kind of shenanigans will pop up in the night post.

Lucifer was being lynched for his name. I found that pwn0zd was quilty and got people to vote for pw0nzd instead...

Can you check any of GC's statements? Let me try to dig up something...

GC's statements are not clear enough to check as far a s i can see

LIS, you need to use that detector on Brandon, trust Frost ;)

the claims on brandon being a QA seem more convincing and from more players than Frost being a possible mafioso

I understand your reluctance b/c if Frost and I were mafiosos working together then brandon would seem innocent, well not really, he would still be a QA.

Re-read the posts between Frost and I and then re-read the roles...

If Frost is identified by you as a baddie, then she could be anything btween mafia or QA.

If Brandon's role as squeeker is revealed, then we will all know he's lying.

You can use Frost's statement about not being a baddie or you can use Brandon's statement about squeeker.

If it was me, I would choose the one that could narrow it down to a specific "claimed" role. B))

LIS, you need to use that detector on Brandon, trust Frost ;)

the claims on brandon being a QA seem more convincing and from more players than Frost being a possible mafioso

I understand your reluctance b/c if Frost and I were mafiosos working together then brandon would seem innocent, well not really, he would still be a QA.

Re-read the posts between Frost and I and then re-read the roles...

If Frost is identified by you as a baddie, then she could be anything btween mafia or QA.

If Brandon's role as squeeker is revealed, then we will all know he's lying.

You can use Frost's statement about not being a baddie or you can use Brandon's statement about squeeker.

If it was me, I would choose the one that could narrow it down to a specific "claimed" role. B))

Thank you for the support, I assume you've figured out who I am. B))

LIS, unless you think that you are about to die (which seems unlikely) I would wait for the night post before lie-detecting. Nothing can change in the game between now and then and something may occur during the night that puts a new perspective on people's statements.

That's what I would do in your place. If you do it now, what you discover may end up being useless by "morning" and then you'll have to wait a full day to try again.

That being said, you probably have a better perspective of your position than I do. Do as you see fit. I don't know who is more likely to be lying.

i ahve to go to bed and find time tomorrow to sort my car out we have a two / three stage drivve to france late next week so waiting is a poor option, We''ll have to sauffer - some are on the booard and keeping quiet - that tells me things too

Post #51 - Rules, Roles & Strategy Tips

Post #61 - A Bizarre Bazaar

Post #111 - The Watchful Djinn

Post #245 - Dehydration and Organ Donation

Post #284 - Tabbard and Tockley

Post #539 - A Fatal Mistake

Ripple Effect

Deep into the night

The sky was full of energy tonight, a dark sea of billions of stars, galaxies and nebulas sprawling across the heavens. Twirling, fleeting clouds whipped past the low-hanging moon, which was smaller than usual tonight... giving up its mantle for the stars.

The stars even twinkled on the surface of the canals, shining with their galactic light and giving the water a peaceful, luminescent quality.

Then an oar slipped softly into the water, distorting the image of the night sky as the ripples spread outward like a breath of wind.

"Enough of this poetic nonsense," grumbled the Vigilante, and started rowing faster

Eventually, another boat emerged out of the mist like a wooden isle, with Scott adjusting some riggings at the back.

The Vigilante pulled up alongside, and Scott looked up, confused.

"What are you doing here?" Scott said.

"My interest is with the Innocents," the Vigilante replied darkly. "And I don't think you share that interest."

Before Scott could protest, the Vigilante had leapt over the gap between the boats and had tackled Scott to the floor. Scott snarled and tried to throw the Vigilante off, but the nighttime ninja wouldn't be denied... Scott was hefted up and dragged toward the side of his boat...

That was when Scott jammed his elbow upward, catching the Vigilante in the chin- the Vigilante stumbled backwards, hissing in pain, hand reaching for something at his/her belt.

Before the Vigilante could draw the long fencing rapier, Scott tackled him/her overboard, and they hit the starlit water with a splash. Growling the Vigilante tried to grab Scott's chest, but the man was already behind the Vigilante and going for his/her throat. The Vigilante, using his/her legs skillfully, slammed Scott backwards into his boat, and the targeted man let go, the wind knocked out of him. The Vigilante took a second to recover and then grabbed Scott's neck, dipping his head underwater repeatedly until he moved no more.

The bloated body was only found the next morning (after both the Doctor and Bodyguard waited outside their charges' houses all night, finally going home, disgruntled) when the abandoned boat was found drifting across the canal, pilotless.

Early Morning

Frost yawned, trying to get some sleep, but he just couldn't. He thought he heard people discussing something in low voices outside his house, but he shrugged it away as paranoia. Oasis had become a warzone, after all.

But the whisperings persisted, and finally Frost, intrigued by the noise, crept downstairs, peering out of a hallway window. What he saw made him take two steps back in surprise.

A giant lion was perched on his doorstep! The beast had an almost humanlike face, though Frost couldn't see the face from his window. The strange, massive animal was a Sphinx of the highest groom, and it was talking to something.

Frost cracked the window open a little and strained to hear the Sphinx's words... it was a riddle!

"You manufacture brain wave entrainment CDs for companies that sell self-improvement products. You are at the post office, with ten boxes of them ready to close up and ship out, but you have a problem. Nine of the boxes contain CDs that are designed to put the listener into an "alpha" or relaxing state, and one is full of Cds that are designed to put the user into a deeper "delta" state, for deep sleep. They look identical, and you forgot to label them.

There is one difference, however. You remember that the "alpha" Cds weigh 13 grams, and because different CD "blanks were used, the "delta" Cds weigh 15 grams. Unfortunately, you can't feel the difference in weight by lifting them.

The post office does have a scale. It costs one dollar each time you weigh something, though, and you want to keep your costs down. How do you use the scale as few times as possible to determine which are the "delta" CDs?"

When the Sphinx was done giving the riddle, the Mafia- instead of running away, which was an option- began to fervently discuss the puzzle. They only had one guess.

Finally one broke away from the group. "Good riddle," the Mafioso acknowledged, and the Sphinx smiled. "The answer is 1 dollar!" the Mafioso continued. "1 use of the scale only. This may at first seem impossible, but it isn't. Number the boxes 1-10 then take 1 CD from Box 1, 2 CDs from Box 2, etc. Then put them all in a pile and weigh that pile only once. The total will be higher than if all the boxes contained alpha cds (13 g) since some of the delta ones (15 g) are included. So subtract the actual weight from the weight if they were all 13g, and that figure will be 15*n, where n is the number of the bag with the deltas."

"Good job," the Sphinx said, nodding, and stepped aside.

Frost gulped. What was going on? The Mafia had answered the riddle correctly, so the Sphinx was letting them come in? Nervously, he ran to his room, where he kept his Penguin Pistol©, but he had no more bullets. By the time he had rummaged through all of his drawers, the Mafia was stomping up the stairs. Frost grabbed a nearby baseball bat and started swinging it in swooshing loops, ready to fight his way out.

Unfortunately, the footsteps had stopped at the stairs, and the sound of mechanical tinkering reached Frost's ears. Confused, he opened the door slightly to see the Mafioso disappearing out the front door and into the darkness, where his/her cronies were waiting.

Frost looked at the stairs. A bomb had been left there, and was ticking down quickly... 4... 3... 2...

Frost roared in anger and charged down the stairs, swinging the bat as he disappeared into the light.

A few hours later, the sun rose to the third day since the Mafia and QAs had appeared in Oasis, and the townsfolk of Oasis were on a warpath, gathering on a giant barge in one of the bigger canals of Oasis to discuss who should be executed.

it's the 3rd day! If the Inspector is still alive, he/she will be PMed the identity of another Mafioso.

Host: Unreality

1) Brandonb

2) pw0nzd - DEAD [Mafioso]

3) Frost - DEAD [?] Killed by Mafia

4) Itachi - DEAD [?] Killed by Mafia

5) akaslickster

6) kingofpain

7) Scott - DEAD [?] Killed by Vigilante

8) Grey Cells

9) Ravi

10) LIS

11) pieman

12) Nayana - DEAD [?] Killed by Mafia

13) Lucifer

14) dawh

15) johnson

16) tman

17) Ben Law - DEAD [Healer]

18) Ploper - DEAD [Desert Warrior] Dehydration

19) Cherry Lane

20) Itachi

21) dnae

With only one QA left, or possibly none left...only time will tell...we should try to lynch a mafioso today.

Hey AKA, aren't you in our time zone...what's the matter on vacation or something :P

Ok, that's crazy, my Penguin Pistol© would NEVER be out of bullets. Get your facts straight unreality, my gun is amazing, bada$$, and magical and therefore has infinite bullets. :D At least that proved I wasn't a mafioso. Well, it's the first time I've ever died playing this game, to be honest, it's kind of relaxing. I no longer have to worry about who is who or anything. I can sit back, relax, watch you guys struggle, and delete that stupid text file I have that contains you guys' roles. So long, I'm sure you'll miss me! B)) <- Me and my bada$$ shades

Edit: Yeah, Brandonb, I copyrighted it. Check out my personal statement. :D

Edited by Frost

Ok, that's crazy, my Penguin Pistol© would NEVER be out of bullets.

As vigilante you would never run out of bullets. But now that you're retired, I guess sometimes people just forget to reload.

BTW, I wonder if you put your last bullet into Ben Law? (Five into the back of my head in Maf II, then One into Law :P ). So the Penguin Pistol is a six-shooter eh?

Well I've finished reading the thread, but I haven't finished thinking about it so I'll be posting more soon. I'll probably wait for KOP since I believe he's the Inspector. Also, everyone please note how much Brandon was lying before last night. Another thing to note is that there are players who hardly ever log on and then there are players who log on and don't post (so there are 2 kinds of silent players).

Edit: also, my jaw dropped when the Penguin Pistol failed :o

I guess now I can get back to making that puzzle I started before this game...look out for it in New Puzzles in the next few days! :D

I guess now I can no longer say anything...oh well.

I end on this note: Stupid Sphinx! Why did you step aside! That riddle was to easy! When I find you you're getting shot with my Penguin Pistol©, which is not, I repeat NOT out of bullets. :D

Hehe, sorry Sphinx. Thanks for protecting me though, it was a nice gesture. :lol:

As vigilante you would never run out of bullets. But now that you're retired, I guess sometimes people just forget to reload.

BTW, I wonder if you put your last bullet into Ben Law? (Five into the back of my head in Maf II, then One into Law :P ). So the Penguin Pistol is a six-shooter eh?

Hey, I don't forget to reload, and don't you think I would have within the last few months? Though I'm not sure why I wasted 5 shots on you, probably wasn't necesssary. And besides, it's an infinity-shooter. :lol:

Well I've finished reading the thread, but I haven't finished thinking about it so I'll be posting more soon. I'll probably wait for KOP since I believe he's the Inspector. Also, everyone please note how much Brandon was lying before last night. Another thing to note is that there are players who hardly ever log on and then there are players who log on and don't post (so there are 2 kinds of silent players).

Edit: also, my jaw dropped when the Penguin Pistol failed :o

How much I lied? Apparently the Mafia AND the Vigilante were both swayed by Frost&Friends to not kill me :P . That's not good, because I am not a QA, and now the Vigilante can't kill me tonight.

Wow, I was lurking since the start, wishing I could play. Thanks, unreality, for letting me join in! But when I finally got my chance I had to be away from the computer for a few hours. Now I have so much to catch up on!

First, I noticed several players are confused about who's who now that there are different players. I took over for sagekid (who's now lurking a lot - didja notice?), and Itachi took over for SM.

Too bad about Frosty....

Now, I need to reread some stuff before I post about my suspicions of brandonb

Too bad about Frosty....

Why does everyone call me Frosty? I'm not a dumb snowman that needs a hat to live. :D

It's not just you Cherry Lane, sorry, just please use the version that I use and that's actually shorter.

Also, I'm sorry Brandonb, The Penguin Pistol© is not an infinity-shooter, that would be ridiculous.

It is mearly a 46656-shooter. Much better. B))

Edited by Frost