BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Mafia III

unreality

Could be, guess we'll just have to wait and see ;)

I could be anyone at this point (except prob a mafioso, that's not very likely now).

But I gotta say Nayana, I think I already know YOUR role... :o

lol..yeah..maybe u know somehow... <_< u had guessed it correctly in mafia 2...but there was some base to it then..i have to agree ..u r very shrewd! thats maybe cuz u play chess? B))

Edited by Nayana

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol..yeah..maybe u know somehow... <_< u had guessed it correctly in mafia 2...but there was some base to it then

True, in Mafia II I was given 5 identities by the end of the first day (3 mafiosos, the bomb, and the illusionist after the lynch). So I had an advantage in figuring out the rest of the people. But this time it is more difficult, not only for the mafiosos (b/c there are QA's out there), but also for me, b/c there are now 21 people in the game, and I am not a mafioso.

Though trust me, I still have a basis for discovering your role.

Ouch, shrewd? Well, I wish I could disagree with you. I am when it comes to this game (and some other things).

Edited by Brandonb

True, in Mafia II I was given 5 identities by the end of the first day (3 mafiosos, the bomb, and the illusionist after the lynch). So I had an advantage in figuring out the rest of the people. But this time it is more difficult, not only for the mafiosos (b/c there are QA's out there), but also for me, b/c there are now 21 people in the game, and I am not a mafioso.

Though trust me, I still have a basis for discovering your role.

Ouch, shrewd? Well, I wish I could disagree with you. I am when it comes to this game (and some other things).

well, it was a compliment ;) . u have good persuasive skills too!

anyway, i still believe in this game it is pure guess-work. u cant deduce my role so early in the game

well, it was a compliment ;) . u have good persuasive skills too!

anyway, i still believe in this game it is pure guess-work. u cant deduce my role so early in the game

Are you sure? How do you think Itachi was able to nail me and KOP in the last game? ;)

Are you sure? How do you think Itachi was able to nail me and KOP in the last game? ;)

You guys made sense as mafiosos. I figured out both of you too. You were lying, and KOP was pretty obvious.

Post #51 - Rules, Roles & Strategy Tips

Post #61 - A Bizarre Bazaar

Post #111 - The Watchful Djinn

Post #245 - Dehydration and Organ Donation

Tabbard and Tockley

Midnight

A wooden sign in the shape of an anvil that read 'Tabbard and Tockley' swayed slightly in the breeze- a good sign of the soon-to-come wet season. But it wasn't here yet. Drifts of sand flew past the locked door of Tabbard and Tockley, reminiscing a quiet night.

A stray jackal bounded past, sniffing the hot air, passing a dark figure that quickly receded into the night.

A few minutes later, the figure reappeared and knocked on the door- tap. Tap tap. Tap tap tap. Tap. Tap tap.

The figure waited patiently for exactly 17 seconds and knocked one more time. The door opened. The figure stepped in. The door closed.

Somewhere Else

LIS, whistling, returned to his flat, thinking to himself about the nice, peaceful night ahead of him. However, when he walked in, junk was everywhere and his things had been strewn throughout the various rooms, searched through and bashed and scattered. Dismayed, LIS rang the town constable, but the constable was busy with a small fire. Grumbling, LIS called the other person he knew well- the Bodyguard- but the Bodyguard was waiting outside a quiet house tonight, standing defiantly in front of the door.

The Healer waited by a nearby house, hiding in the bushes should he/she be needed. He/she wasn't needed.

Tabbard and Tockley, again

Ten minutes later, the mysterious figure emerged again, their pockets lighter from lost gold, but heavier with a new weapon. The figure prowled closer and closer to Kingofpain's house, holding a strange-looking giant claw- a cactus blade.

Look! You can see a medallion engraved with the emblem of the Quarky Secret Service around the figure's neck. The Quarky Agent crept closer to Kingofpain's spacious house.

But something made the figure freeze. A darkly illuminated person standing at the corner of the street, humming a tune to himself/herself. The Doctor. The Quarky Agent hissed. If only the other QA were here, the two of them could've devised a diversion for the Doctor while one of them slept inside to deal the fatal blow to KOP. Alas, it was not to be so. The QA was one with the shadows again.

Forty Minutes Later

That other QA yawned sleepily as he/she checked the perimeter around Lucifer's ramshackle house near a canal in Oasis's center. Lucifer was a boat-lover, and had to make sure everything was perfect about his boat. Every detail was important. Thus, Lucifer was out in the middle of the canal tonight, making some repairs to the boat's hull.

The Quarky Agent sighed, exasperated. How would he/she reach the boat? Now only if the other Quarky Agent were here, the two of them could steal and pilot one of the boats from the marina downshore. But with only one person!!! The QA couldn't captain one of the desert dhows on his/her own. Muttering, he/she headed back home, trying to think of a way out of the Quarky dilemma. Persistence, the QA thought. Persistence.

Tabbard and Tockley, again

Nayana walked past the locked, silent door of Tabbard and Tockley, down the road, toward the end of the street. She had been up all night, and sleep was starting to take its toll. She stumbled slightly on her nighttime walk down the street, and one might think she was drunk if you didn't know better.

The Mafia hitman knew better.

The hitman, waiting in a car at the end of the street, tapped his foot patiently while watching Nayana's position through the mirror. He began fitting on the silencer, not even a bit disturbed by what he was about to do. When the Mafiosos talked, he listened. And their instructions were clear.

The hitman stepped out of the car and shot Nayana three times in the head. Then he got in the car and drove away. Her body would be found in the morning, and the constable (feeling guilty that his time had been consumed by a tiny kitchen fire) tried to cover it up for much of the day.

But rumors spread, and news leaked, and soon the citizens of Oasis were gathered in the central square again. Their task: to lynch a baddie!

1) Brandonb

2) pw0nzd - DEAD [Mafioso]

3) Frost

4) Itachi - DEAD [?] Killed by Mafia

5) akaslickster

6) kingofpain

7) Scott

8) Grey Cells

9) Ravi

10) LIS

11) pieman

12) Nayana - DEAD [?] Killed by Mafia

13) Lucifer

14) dawh

15) johnson

16) tman

17) Ben Law

18) Ploper - DEAD [Desert Warrior] Dehydration

19) sagekid

20) SillouhetteMind

21) dnae

you guys know the drill (color codes! lol :P), and also, it's an even-numbered day, which means the Sage can request how many Mafiosos are alive (not really necessary though right now) and the Spy can spy on one person to discern their role [if those people are alive of course].

Also, the Sage hasn't been requesting who the Doctor and Healer have been saving, you guys might want to tell him/her to :D

I presume Brandonb is a baddie ;) but may change my vote.

1) Brandonb

3) Frost

5) akaslickster

6) kingofpain

7) Scott

8) Grey Cells

9) Ravi

10) LIS

11) pieman

13) Lucifer

14) dawh

15) johnson

16) tman

17) Ben Law Brandonb

19) sagekid

20) SillouhetteMind

21) dnae

1) Brandonb

3) Frost

5) akaslickster

6) kingofpain

7) Scott

8) Grey Cells

9) Ravi

10) LIS

11) pieman

13) Lucifer

14) dawh

15) johnson

16) tman

17) Ben Law Brandonb

19) sagekid - vote for kingofpain

20) SillouhetteMind

21) dnae

Edited by sagekid

1) Brandonb - voting for Ben Law

3) Frost

5) akaslickster

6) kingofpain

7) Scott

8) Grey Cells

9) Ravi

10) LIS

11) pieman

13) Lucifer

14) dawh - voting for Ben Law

15) johnson

16) tman

17) Ben Law - voting for Brandob

19) sagekid - voting for kingofpain

20) SillouhetteMind

21) dnae

Well, I'm gonna have to go with Ben Law, I have my reasons. Unless someone has a reason for someone else.

I'll trust your judgment for the time being. What I find very interesting is that neither the Grim Reaper nor the Illusionist showed their faces last night. This strongly implies to me that one or both are now dead... :mellow:

I'm trying to get all the votes together and color code them. If you don't like the colors, talk to Unreality... :P

I am quite positive that Itachi was the Grim Reaper. For, one thing, hedidn't kill last night, so the GR is definitely not alive(or stupid). Also, both the GR and Itachi lived in a rich neighborhood. Hmmm...seems suspicious. I don't think we have to worry about the GR anymore. :D

I believe you guys to be correct. B))

I don't see how Ben Law derived that the GR was still alive from the night post. :D

3) Frost - voting for Ben Law

5) akaslickster

6) kingofpain

7) Scott

8) Grey Cells

9) Ravi

10) LIS

11) pieman

13) Lucifer

15) johnson

16) tman

17) Ben Law - voting for Brandob

20) SillouhetteMind

21) dnae

I am quite positive that Itachi was the Grim Reaper. For, one thing, hedidn't kill last night, so the GR is definitely not alive(or stupid). Also, both the GR and Itachi lived in a rich neighborhood. Hmmm...seems suspicious. I don't think we have to worry about the GR anymore. :D

Or that is just what the gr wants us to think Mabey he is trying to trick us to thinking he is dead

Edited by sagekid

Host: Unreality

3) Frost - voting for Ben Law

5) akaslickster

6) kingofpain

7) Scott

8) Grey Cells

9) Ravi

10) LIS

11) pieman

13) Lucifer

15) johnson

16) tman

17) Ben Law - voting for Brandonb

20) SillouhetteMind

21) dnae

Edited by unreality

I agree. The GR must have been Itachi. Not to mention, I think I have pretty much confirmed my status as an innocent, but Ben Law is voting for me rather than bother to defend himself?

Plus there is something up with SageKid voting for KOP. Maybe it's because he still hasn't read Mafia II and doesn't understand that KOP is the inspector. OR he still hasn't read Mafia II and doesn't realize that picking the same target that he did last night would reveal him?

Or that is just what the gr wants us to think Mabey he is trying to trick us to thinking he is dead

That's interesting idea, but the mafia attract a lot more attention than the GR, and the GR can only attack on even-# nights, so the GR would have little reason to wait. In fact, I would say that it would be a huge mistake on the GR's part to give up the chance to eliminate someone.

I agree. The GR must have been Itachi. Not to mention, I think I have pretty much confirmed my status as an innocent, but Ben Law is voting for me rather than bother to defend himself?

Plus there is something up with SageKid voting for KOP. Maybe it's because he still hasn't read Mafia II and doesn't understand that KOP is the inspector. OR he still hasn't read Mafia II and doesn't realize that picking the same target that he did last night would reveal him?[/quote

Acually it is a she and i dony reall pay atention to who votes for who but in that case you dont seem like a bad choise to pick

So i change my vote to brandonb

Edited by sagekid

Since there was no mention of Sphinx, I presume GR is alive ;)