BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Mafia III

unreality

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah it may be better to nix lie-detection all together

what are your thoughts on 24hr/12hr day/night?

i didnt use it much - but it is nagging me that it was a put off, cld be an ability that has to be earnt, found - made/converted like JAG/Mcgiva thingy?

edit to add - bomb is in a privaleged position as it is - fairly safe outspoken role, especially when the COP/KOP is out - dont stand so close to me (police - KOP version)

Edited by Lost in space

i didnt use it much - but it is nagging me that it was a put off, cld be an ability that has to be earnt, found - made/converted like JAG/Mcgiva thingy?

oooh, yeah. since the inspector won't be able to reveal himself, what if he was allowed to use the lie detector every-other day that he wasn't receiving a mafioso identity? (too much perhaps?)

Inspector has enough power/etc as it is

I guess it'd either be how I have it right now (Bomb, any night, not 2 nights in a row) or not at all. I'm thinking it'd be best how it is right now, since the Bomb can't be as outspoken as it was before

and I guess I'll host Mafia IV :P though it'd be cool if someone else could host Mafia V if we get Mafia IV to be the perfect mafia formula...

!1000!

:lol:

hehehe

This was the first Mafia game I've played, though I had heard of it beforehand. Regardless of the problems and wrinkles, I still had a lot of fun and I'm looking forward to the next game, no matter who is hosting (though Unreality has done an amazing job in all three from what I've experienced/read. B)) And if Frost takes over, I sure he would do a great job too.)

I never had a problem with the speed of the game and, considering its international status, you can't expect things to move too quickly. However, the idea to create specific time frames seems reasonable and 24 hours for day, 12 hours for night seems fair.

For all of those who participated ;) great game and I hope to see you back in Awesomeville later. B)) I certainly intend to be there.

One thousand posts in one thread is exciting, but what about the 400 odd posts in the sign-up thread...Mafia III (and its subsidiaries) 1400 posts and counting! :lol:

I really think we should put a limit on how many people can play just so that we don't have to wait for everyone to vote.

You may have a good point. I think 18 dependables are plenty. If they don't vote in time , the majority will rule them out anyhow. Although waiting can suck, esp. more than a day. :)

I really think we should put a limit on how many people can play just so that we don't have to wait for everyone to vote.

That's the idea behind the 24-12 time limits. Everyone must wait for the time to expire. So there is no reason for people to wait on stragglers, and when everyone says what they need to say, then they can get back on to check the thread when the predetermined time limit expires.

playing the game means you agree with the rules ;D

btw there will be 20 players, 8 baddies and 12 Innocents

on the time-limit note, each day is 24 hours no matter what, but the night has a maximum of 12 hours, like I may post the night post sooner than the full 12 hours.

on second thought, the night-maximum will have to be re-adjusted each time the day ends, depending on what time that is, so that the night post limit doesn't fall during my sleeping time

Rule one is be polite - except within RP

limit is as he host sets it - VR or real life we are afected by other ppl/circumstances so we do not need to limmit ppl only

voting time - it looks like the host shld state odd/even day/night follows after the story and murders cos some are confused or that may have been RP ??

playing the game means you agree with the rules ;D

btw there will be 20 players, 8 baddies and 12 Innocents

on the time-limit note, each day is 24 hours no matter what, but the night has a maximum of 12 hours, like I may post the night post sooner than the full 12 hours.

on second thought, the night-maximum will have to be re-adjusted each time the day ends, depending on what time that is, so that the night post limit doesn't fall during my sleeping time

Might be hard for those outside your time - india and UK, I think you may have to consider 24hrs for night too

Whats the rush ?? we dont want to waych paint dry, we shldnt play it like speed chess - fair chance for all - I can not connect except by being around EVERY day or LATE every night ....

well im not around for the next, so I wont be affected - Im actually sad about it - but its a chance to see if ppl are playng the game or just voting, and to see if we can all play nicely in Mafia V -

Yeah ! I agree with LIS on the night time being less in our time zones(India and UK) . I spend almost 8 hours in coll . , so there goes the chunk of 12 hrs . Maybe we can have a max of 18 hrs. in the night .

And regarding PM'ing during the game , we could instead send messages through our e-mail id's , keeping an alternate window open . That way , the mafia and QA can send messages without any fear of spying . :P But of course , everybody must agree with this .

And regarding PM'ing during the game , we could instead send messages through our e-mail id's , keeping an alternate window open . That way , the mafia and QA can send messages without any fear of spying . :P But of course , everybody must agree with this .

lol...yeah :P u said it GC! ;) I wasn't a mafia in any game but even when I was a QA, I didn't get to pm...That idea of emails is fair enough ;)

I guess since we're having time limits on night, will that mean that if someone doesn't PM you(The Doctor for example) within the time limit then they don't perform their role's ability(so the Doc wouldn't save someone)?

I guess since we're having time limits on night, will that mean that if someone doesn't PM you(The Doctor for example) within the time limit then they don't perform their role's ability(so the Doc wouldn't save someone)?

Yeah ! That would be great for the baddies . :a mischievious twinkle in the eye: :P

Yeah ! That would be great for the baddies . :a mischievious twinkle in the eye: :P

Well, I meant for everyone, including baddies. If no mafia consensus, no Mafia kill, same with the GR and QA's.

lol...yeah :P u said it GC! ;) I wasn't a mafia in any game but even when I was a QA, I didn't get to pm...That idea of emails is fair enough ;)

I was sorta a QA (not for long :lol:) so I didn't really get to miss the non messaging between, but honestly, it seems like that was a good idea, I kinda liked it. It's not impossible to kill someone, but it's more difficult and it's not like having another mafia (that would be scary). Keep the QA's the same!

~Kat

12 hrs. is a relatively short time . We could extend it to maybe 18 hrs. That way it would be more comfy for PM'ing .

Yeah, I agree, someone already mentioned that. It would be terrible if you were sleeping during that time, doesn't leave much to work with. B))

ok 24 hour days and 18 hour nights (max 18 hours, if I get the PMs in before this I will start the night post, but day is ALWAYS 24 hours even if everyone has voted, etc. There are numerous reasons for this [which I won't get into right now] both practical and in-game-related)

can we have a rule to not lynch due to majority - ppl change their mind, especially if new information arrives on the board ater they sign off

if the time is passed thats too bad, there bad!