BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Mafia III

unreality

I'm pretty sure that Itachi is the mafioso, if Nayana is telling the truth. If I trust that everyone is telling the truth about who they are(bad move in this game, I know), though most of those I'm quite positive of, the only roles I don't know are pieman's and Itachi's. I'm quite sure that pieman is Innocent, so I'm thinking Itachi is mafia. He never did say a lie-detectable statement, did he? The only person that might be lying is Nayana(I have confirmed everyone else), so unless she's lying, Itachi is most likely mafioso.

How can I be lying when I have revealed my role? I believe Itachi is the remaining mafia...Itachi had taken over SM, right? Why did SM quit the game midway? too difficult to handle mafia responsibilities everyday? ;) Infact he was suspicious from the beginning...

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can I be lying when I have revealed my role? I believe Itachi is the remaining mafia...Itachi had taken over SM, right? Why did SM quit the game midway? too difficult to handle mafia responsibilities everyday? ;) Infact he was suspicious from the beginning...

I understand Nayana. But strategically you are the best kill.

So without the help of LIS, you die

Edited by Brandonb

I'm starting to get angry by some people's impatience (Itachi's especially) to make the night post- I was sleeping. We live in different time zones. Sheesh! Do something else while you're waiting, guys. Mafia isn't the only thing that exists in this world :P

that being said, night post coming up ;D

Post #51 - Rules, Roles & Strategy Tips

Post #61 - A Bizarre Bazaar

Post #111 - The Watchful Djinn

Post #245 - Dehydration and Organ Donation

Post #284 - Tabbard and Tockley

Post #539 - A Fatal Mistake

Post #612 - Ripple Effect

Post #730 - No Checks, No Balances

Post #735 - Quarky Risen

Post #897 - Quarky Fallen

An Explosive End

Night

"Goodbye, Tman- I mean, Nayana2," the Vigilante- Brandonb- said before firing. Nayana2's body fell into the gutter. Unfortunately, she had been the Sage.

Across town, Dnae the Illusionist-turned-Sphinx protected KOP (the Inspector) but it was in vain. The last Mafioso, Itachi, was elsewhere tonight.

Bam! Bam! LIS fell to the ground, already dead. Itachi rushed up to the body and ripped open the suit, revealing a metallic torso with a numeric display on top: 294 seconds remaining, it bleeped. 293...292...291...

Itachi skillfully (being the Bankroller) opened up the metal torso and look at the tangle of wires and explosives inside. He was thinking of his fellow Mafiosos: Pw0nzd, Scott and GC, and how they had at least beaten the Quarky Agents, who had turned out to be Nayana and Ravi (Kat). And of course the Grim Reaper on the first night- Itachi1.

Itachi was busy separating and trimming wires, clumping them into different parts of the hollow torso. Frost, the Bodyguard, and Dawh, the Doctor weren't here to save LIS. It was just Itachi and the Bomb.

Not even Lucifer (Frost2) the Detective could've detected where Itachi was tonight. He had covered his tracks well.

Sagekid (later to be Cherry Lane), the Squeaker, never had a chance to give away Slick (the Defender's) identity. Itachi didn't need it- he had made a logical (and lucky) guess to off Slick- but killing LIS was crucial before killing the Vigilante (who he also had a pretty good idea of who it was).

Sweat started to trickle down Itachi's brow. Would he finish in time? Mafia IV's Bomb would be a much more instantaneous explosion on death like in Mafia II. But Itachi had lucked out... or maybe not... 25...20....15...14...

He discarded a clump of wires. He was looking for the main power cord. The main battery wire. 11....10...9... Here, here, in this clump! A trio of 3 wires (red, green, blue) wrapped together in a spiral. 8...7... Itachi knew he had to cut away the aux power cable first. He nervously closed his eyes and sawed through the green wire with a piece of chipped steel...6...5... He froze. It had worked. It was down to the blue and red wire... 4...3... Blue? Red? Blue? Red? Red? Blue? 2... 1...

Whether Itachi cut the right wire, but it was too late, or whether he cut the wrong wire, will never be known. But one thing is for sure- the last Mafioso was engulfed in a maelstrom of fire and light, and not even a body was found.

Everyone in Oasis heard the explosion. Rejoicing- and also nervous- they flooded the streets until they found out what happened. LIS had died in the name of the Innocents, and the scourge of the baddies was no more!

The Host God, Unreality, snarled down at the desert city. He did not approve of this game. Not just because of inactivity... because people had been mean to each other, people had bickered, people were overly impatient. Unreality turned away from the hazy, sun-scorched desert and back to his favored town of Awesomeville. He would make Mafia IV amazing, that's for sure :P

too late- and it doesn't matter, game is over

Post #51 - Rules, Roles & Strategy Tips

Post #61 - A Bizarre Bazaar

Post #111 - The Watchful Djinn

Post #245 - Dehydration and Organ Donation

Post #284 - Tabbard and Tockley

Post #539 - A Fatal Mistake

Post #612 - Ripple Effect

Post #730 - No Checks, No Balances

Post #735 - Quarky Risen

Post #897 - Quarky Fallen

Post #931 - An Explosive End

HINTS

A Bizarre Bazaar:

* The Grim Reaper is rich... almost VIP-rich ;D Itachi and Grey Cells are the only VIPs playing, which narrows it down

* the Grim Reaper had five houses and was introduced in a penthouse apartment- this was because Itachi was 5th on the roster when I planned that, before I took Dnae off the list and Itachi became 4th on the list ;D... again, more clues as to Itachi's identity

The Watchful Djinn:

* Itachi had a rich house... like the Grim Reaper. Frost made this connection in a PM to me, I think

* Before he dies, Itachi says:

"You'll... never... get... away... with... this... again!"

The 'again' was purposefully italicized- meaning the Mafia won't kill the Grim Reaper again

Dehydration and Organ Donation:

* Tman being an "avid learner of languages" was the first clue to his Sage-ness

* the last sentence ("If any of those people were alive, that is") is a clue that one of those people mentioned in the paragraph before (specifically, the GR) wasn't alive

Tabbard and Tockley:

* this part: "Lucifer was a boat-lover, and had to make sure everything was perfect about his boat. Every detail was important" was a hint toward Lucifer being the Detective

* the fact that Nayana was walking past Tabbard and Tockley shortly before she was killed was a clue to her identity as a QA, as she had just dropped off the cactus-blade

A Fatal Mistake:

* no hints :P

* just to clarify: "there would be a sandstorm" tonight was never even continued up on because the next one took place in the very center of Oasis, over the canals, far sheltered from the sandstorm (and I forgot to mention it ;D)

Ripple Effect:

* the fact that Scott fought back (and fought back well) against the Vigilante may have been a clue that Scott was a baddie

* the Mafiosos were good at solving the puzzle. Smart. And the one specific one that stepped forward was Itachi, the guy who had done the solving of the puzzle in the PM reply

* Frost's ammo was missing: this was a clue to the fact that I rolled the three-way Bodyguard choice beforehand, and it wasn't "Kill the attack" or "protect the charge", it was "take the bullet for the charge"... so good thing Frost's charge wasn't attack :P

Checks and Balances:

* no clues, I just wanted to make it as fast as possible

Quarky Risen:

* Slick's super-well-defended house was a reference to him being the Defender

* the name and everything was a red herring to a QA victory (which didn't happen, dawh wasn't the Sphinx)

Quarky Fallen:

* nothing, I was rushing

An Explosive End:

* the ending post, so no :P

lolz, a good ending unreality. i was sooo close, but was given next to nothing to work with. i hope people don't hate me too much, because i was just playing the part. i hope its obvious to people how easy the innocents had it though. the inspector and lie detector were WAY too powerful, but nevertheless, great game unreality.

I'm starting to get angry by some people's impatience (Itachi's especially) to make the night post- I was sleeping. We live in different time zones. Sheesh! Do something else while you're waiting, guys. Mafia isn't the only thing that exists in this world :P

that being said, night post coming up ;D

this is fine, but i'm probably not going to play mafia 4. i'm really not a fan of the delays in this game. whether i was good or bad i would have hated waiting like that, especially for that ravi vote that took about 24 hours too long, what happened to the whole set time limit thing?

this is fine, but i'm probably not going to play mafia 4. i'm really not a fan of the delays in this game. whether i was good or bad i would have hated waiting like that, especially for that ravi vote that took about 24 hours too long, what happened to the whole set time limit thing?

it has nothing to do with being "good" or "bad"... it's just your PM was pretty rude. It was basically like this:

"If we have to wait for you to EAT and SLEEP and HANG OUT WITH YOUR FRIENDS and DO STUFF OTHER THAN MAFIA I'm not going to play Mafia IV"

it has nothing to do with being "good" or "bad"... it's just your PM was pretty rude. It was basically like this:

"If we have to wait for you to EAT and SLEEP and HANG OUT WITH YOUR FRIENDS and DO STUFF OTHER THAN MAFIA I'm not going to play Mafia IV"

wow, i never said anything like that. i said that if i had to wait a lot more time for the night post i would quit, thus ending the game

edit: look, just take me off the mafia 4 list. i've had enough of this and don't push me too far or... (you know). apparently, there's more to life than mafia, so i will go do some of that stuff, whatever it is...

The delays were mainly because of the inactive peoples that never got on, so don't blame unreality, he was just waiting(like for Ravi who never defended himself). Mafia IV should be better because the players are not going to be inactive.

Do I get the fair play award ? :P

And my explanation for impersonating the bomb(LIS) :

The only way I could prove I was not a mafioso was to discredit KOP as the inspector and hence LIS as the Bomb . And I , as the thief , had broken into LIS's house , and I hoped for a teeny-weeny chance that when the spy investigated me , unreality would reveal me as the bomb(but that was not to be , as unreality corrected me that the rule only held good for the next day of the theft) . In addition , at the time of my lynching , the spy couldn't investigate until the next day .

You guys really spoilt my party . You could have been a sport and allowed my lynching to be postponed . :P

Well played , Mate Itachi2 , eventhough we had to kill Itachi1 very early in the game . And Itachi requires special mention and kudos for solving the puzzle all alone(but you know he's capable of that and more :D ) . Me and Scott were not around .

Sorry , Nayana we had to kill you early again , but we had to . I am sure understand . :P

The mafia reign even after death . :lol:

EDIT :And let's cool it down . :D

To unreality..

I just want to say that u r doing a great job!! and I appreciate u spending ur time for mafia...u r the host and not even playing, I know u wud hv loved to play too..This was my second mafia game and I had got so much involved in my role (QA) that I use to think about strategies and stuff the whole day! Thanks for all the fun! :)

Mafia IV will be awesome ;) keep up the good job