BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Mafia III

unreality

I'm not mafia...but I need to here from Itachi again. He's not claiming to be anybody which tells me he could be the spy since he still seems to be on a bandwagon with the other innocents. I'd like to see the doctor mentioned in the night post, b/c if not that will tell me alot.

Sure, here's a lot to mull over for you:

i've already said everything i wanted to about kat (just look at how guilty she is acting and posting), though i'll give a good explanation why it is important to be shady no matter what character you have. I don't want to just come out and say my role or even that i'm innocent EVER in ANY mafia game unless it is absolutely necessary. Why? -the newbies ask. Because, I plan on playing future Mafia games! I need to act just as shady as an innocent as I would if i was a bad guy or else I would reveal tells (which plenty of you have plenty of, btw, a little pointer) [this is what Brandon was doing until he could no longer keep it up, when i found out his true identity] That' the main reason. It also may help certain players i wouldn't want to help and in my opinion it makes the game really lame. We could just start every mafia game demanding that every player confirm their innocence, and sure most would escape lying, but what fun is that? I prefer to decipher the meanings behind posts quite frankly. The more difficult the puzzle, the more rewarding to solve it.

To confirm my innocence i stated a couple things that my character knows that both Brandonb (vigilante) and the Squeaker (i have this one nailed too, but not revealing it) would know. So notice the people backing me. LIS I think just has a vendetta against me for that Siren riddle a while back :P so he's a bit biased against me. Me saying slickster was the Defender is so much more important than anyone gave it credit for... maybe some people need to brush up on the rules again... for instance, let's all remember that the bankroller's id was not given out to all of us so that means a lot too.

Here's who I trust absolutely in order of when I knew it: me :D (would love protection, but right now Brandon is more important - just the facts), johnson, KOP(needs protection), LIS, Brandonb(needs protection), and dnae

My probable Baddies listed in order of most probable: 1)Ravi/Kat 2)tman 3)pieman. kat is toast as far as I'm concerned, but about tman/nayana and pieman start talking?? Not certain about frost or cherry right now... though Frost's last post is highly suspect...

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

whoops !

She did vote. A while a go, just a few posts before one of yours, you must have missed it. It's right here.

As for what I have to say, not much. Not really sure what to say, though I do have a few of you figured out(I think).

Oh yes the - it was nayanas that followed that i missed - more like dumb bomb rather than dumb blond, do you think cherry lane is suspicious frost - have noted you are not outspoken so to speak

Edited by Lost in space

11+ hours later...and a surprisingly small amount to read :D, but a lot to digest :( , though I thought we would have ended the lynching by now. What changed while I was gone? We now seem to have MORE players.

And now there seems to be suspicion of me…what have I ever done? Frost (version 1) had it right – I took over for a player with a nothing role. Unreality even apologized for it when he assigned it to me. I could tell you what it is, but you wouldn’t believe me.

With all the changes of players, I’m losing track of who’s who. Gotta find my list and update it.

If the saving roles know who the vigilante is (I’m not convinced), one should protect him/her – the defender is dead.

I may have questions on the # of mafia left. I need to reread last night's post if I can ever find it.

Here's my mafia problem:

I'd been working on the assumption there were 2 mafiosos left: the bankroller, because we would know if that role died, and the thief, because someone's house was broken into last night.

Nayana v.2 claims to be the sage and says there is only 1 mafioso left. I didn’t trust her, because I knew there were 2, right? But I reread the thief role just now. If the thief is thieving, we are supposed to find out whose house was broken into. But last night we only learned A house was broken into, not whose house. So if wasn’t the thief, and Nayana may be right.

blah blah blah - edit by LIS he he !!

To confirm my innocence i stated a couple things that my character knows that both Brandonb (vigilante) and the Squeaker (i have this one nailed too, but not revealing it) would know. So notice the people backing me. LIS I think just has a vendetta against me for that Siren riddle a while back :P so he's a bit biased against me. Me saying slickster was the Defender is so much more important than anyone gave it credit for... maybe some people need to brush up on the rules again... for instance, let's all remember that the bankroller's id was not given out to all of us so that means a lot too.

enjoyed the riddle - just a little untruth in it- hmmm distraction by itachi-san - i am warming to the truth in this - with out the lie detector

Only one person not attacking you is not actually backing you, I'll keep you very high up the list

Here's who I trust absolutely in order of when I knew it: me :D (would love protection, but right now Brandon is more important - just the facts), johnson, KOP(needs protection), LIS, Brandonb(needs protection), and dnae

thats not rocket science!

My probable Baddies listed in order of most probable: 1)Ravi/Kat 2)tman 3)pieman. kat is toast as far as I'm concerned, but about tman/nayana and pieman start talking?? Not certain about frost or cherry right now... though Frost's last post is highly suspect...
So who is the QA, a quitely spoken or unspoken guy or girl or some one who blends in in an itachi-san way? we need to know the QA not the i know and am not saying view of an ingratiating orator - who has named one character wrong (i think - not lie detection), if you are right then you got one of the others wrong - sorry have to be vague for protection - hope I am not wrong.

So who is the QA, a quitely spoken or unspoken guy or girl or some one who blends in in an itachi-san way? we need to know the QA not the i know and am not saying view of an ingratiating orator - who has named one character wrong (i think - not lie detection), if you are right then you got one of the others wrong - sorry have to be vague for protection - hope I am not wrong.

I've never named a character wrong... seeing you play (and constantly go after me [out of some siren spite maybe?]) makes me think you should re-read (mostly skim now) the thread again and also, you need to brush up on the Character rules a bit. You must have missed a few intricacies.

and what's with the "blah blah" thing? I was asked by an innocent to divulge my thoughts and there they are. Did your kids get you in a sour mood or something?

So there's me, Itachi, Cherry, Pieman, Frost, and Nayana are suspect...so we all believe that KOP is inspector, LIS is bomb, and Brandonb is vigilante???

With two mafia and one QA, we do have a good chance. The likely hood of the mafia and the QA working together, which they really can't anyway, would be ludicrous...but then why are the six of us debating. KOP stated who mafia was except for last lynch vote. He just voted for Kat with the rest of us. No clues to a mafia identity???

KOP stated who mafia was except for last lynch vote. He just voted for Kat with the rest of us. No clues to a mafia identity???

He only gets a mafia role every other day...

Sure, here's a lot to mull over for you:

i've already said everything i wanted to about kat (just look at how guilty she is acting and posting), though i'll give a good explanation why it is important to be shady no matter what character you have. I don't want to just come out and say my role or even that i'm innocent EVER in ANY mafia game unless it is absolutely necessary. Why? -the newbies ask. Because, I plan on playing future Mafia games! I need to act just as shady as an innocent as I would if i was a bad guy or else I would reveal tells (which plenty of you have plenty of, btw, a little pointer) [this is what Brandon was doing until he could no longer keep it up, when i found out his true identity] That' the main reason. It also may help certain players i wouldn't want to help and in my opinion it makes the game really lame. We could just start every mafia game demanding that every player confirm their innocence, and sure most would escape lying, but what fun is that? I prefer to decipher the meanings behind posts quite frankly. The more difficult the puzzle, the more rewarding to solve it.

A few things:

1) Acting the same way in all mafia games just leads people to suspect you (and kill you off for no reason)

2) You have been indirectly claiming to be innocent through your posts while reluctant to say it explicitly (because of a lie detector). If you REALLY wanted to be a shady, you wouldn't pretend like an innocent.

3) To be honest, harder puzzles are more fun to solve. But that does not mean that no one says anything of value. If you want a really hard puzzle, let's all decide to keep quiet and you can figure out our roles - is that hard enough for you?. You give people too little credit for deciding if and whether it is time to come out. I wouldn't be too far off the mark if I said that my 'noobish' behaviour and calculated decision to come out as the inspector has been a success for the innocents.

Sorry if this post seems a little offensive, but I resent your subtle implications of superiority (calling people newbies and telling them how they should play the game and how everyone plays the game badly by having tells and why you find the game boring because people decided to play the game differently).

Cheers!

--

Vig

A few things:

1) Acting the same way in all mafia games just leads people to suspect you (and kill you off for no reason)

2) You have been indirectly claiming to be innocent through your posts while reluctant to say it explicitly (because of a lie detector). If you REALLY wanted to be a shady, you wouldn't pretend like an innocent.

3) To be honest, harder puzzles are more fun to solve. But that does not mean that no one says anything of value. If you want a really hard puzzle, let's all decide to keep quiet and you can figure out our roles - is that hard enough for you?. You give people too little credit for deciding if and whether it is time to come out. I wouldn't be too far off the mark if I said that my 'noobish' behaviour and calculated decision to come out as the inspector has been a success for the innocents.

Sorry if this post seems a little offensive, but I resent your subtle implications of superiority (calling people newbies and telling them how they should play the game and how everyone plays the game badly by having tells and why you find the game boring because people decided to play the game differently).

Cheers!

--

Vig

you're not being offensive and i respect what you said. but newbie isn't derogatory. LIS is a mafia newbie, it's a fact. I was a Mafia newbie during the first game. I'll be more respectful though, so I apologize for that. I'm probably getting impatient. We've been sitting on this lynch forever.

whoa, anyways, KOP sorry about my earlier post, forgot about the odd night thing.

Hey Unreal, what do you think of Kat's ability to defend. We are now bickering amongst ourselves but no one has changed their vote. Kinda weird unless we all choose to re do the whole lynch vote.

I laughed at your post out of humour - very funny!

you're not being offensive and i respect what you said. but newbie isn't derogatory. LIS is a mafia newbie, it's a fact. I was a Mafia newbie during the first game. I'll be more respectful though, so I apologize for that. I'm probably getting impatient. We've been sitting on this lynch forever.
Am not offended - i do ahve trouble working out odd/even night and day - but thats me and yes the weekends, kids and wife at home limmits me - more catch up rather than keep up, so this is RP, reality has an effect too

anyway i know i can afford to be out spoken so i do and it creates an extra advantage - i do keep refering to the other characters and as a mafia newbie i dont get confused with previous roles and new rules -

Those blinking sirens, dont they get on your nerves - thats it suicide bombing if i hear those sirens once more, nee NAHH, nee NAHH

BACK ON TOPIC

A wld say a quiet role cld be the doc, no need to get goughed up perhaps - does that make one of our quiet friends an innocent

if ravi ws in one of these quiet roles and kay has followed in the same footsteps, though if it was me i wld at least have put in more interesting deceit but again it must be hard to get into the role properly.

Can anyone confirm the 1-mafia thing as true? (Spy maybe?) I'll be back on in a few hours. probably after the lynching, to make my kill vote for tonight (not quite sure right now).
No -but suspect its true, itachi-san can send his sirens out that will lure them to their deaths and the noise will make them deaf too :D they can take life and bring it too - off him pls.

Yep. Here:

no, that wasn't a Thief breakin. That was the Mafioso breaking into a house to get into the neighbor (Slick)'s house to kill him...

seriously, unreality was the most outspoken about how waiting around ruined the game and now i think we're just waiting for him...

??? I've been waiting on you guys, to figure out who you want to lynch

but it seems nobody has changed their vote, so it's time for the day post :P

Post #51 - Rules, Roles & Strategy Tips

Post #61 - A Bizarre Bazaar

Post #111 - The Watchful Djinn

Post #245 - Dehydration and Organ Donation

Post #284 - Tabbard and Tockley

Post #539 - A Fatal Mistake

Post #612 - Ripple Effect

Post #730 - No Checks, No Balances

Post #735 - Quarky Risen

Quarky Fallen

Daytime

"Sorry," someone shouted. "Unreality has to rush!"

"What does that matter-" Kat began, but she was shot dead by an executioner's squad before she could finish.

"Come on, chop chop hurry on home!" the Mayor called. "Unreality has to hurry up! It's the 5th night tonight! Good luck, all!"

And everyone rushed home. The Mafia would kill tonight... and the Vigilante... but wait? What of the QAs?

With Kat's death, they were gone from Oasis.

Host: Unreality

1) Brandonb

2) pw0nzd - DEAD [Mafioso]

3) Frost - DEAD [?] Killed by Mafia

4) Itachi - DEAD [?] Killed by Mafia

5) akaslickster - DEAD [?] Killed by Mafia

6) kingofpain

7) Scott - DEAD [?] Killed by Vigilante

8) Grey Cells - DEAD [Mafioso]

9) Kat - DEAD [QA]

10) LIS

11) pieman