BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Yoruichi-san

Question

I have no idea what they mean but that has never stopped me from making a guess before

Chinese zodiac, so pig would be next? I just don't know what the pig will do

It seems like it has to do with a royal family line, each animal representing when they were born according to the Zodiac. So... well, I'm not sure about the first. Maybe the rat went against his family and his sons, both dragons, fought for his throne. And then the princess ran away with (or on o.O) an ox . Not sure what Humpty Dumpty is all about but the next king is a snake, and the next snake had monkeys and a rabbit, which for some reason caused panic. And then... the pig has some sheep. I don't know.

Randomness...

The rat wasn't with the farm.

The dragon race was tight. - Dragon boat context during Dumpling Day - 5th day of 5th Lunar month?

The princess ran away on an ox. - The Fairy tales on 7th day of 7th Lunar month?

Humpty Dumpty's seat fell on a snake.

The next snake has some monkeys.

There was some panic over a rabbit. - And this looks like the "Alice in the wonderland"?

I am blurred now! :huh:

It seems like it has to do with a royal family line, each animal representing when they were born according to the Zodiac. So... well, I'm not sure about the first. Maybe the rat went against his family and his sons, both dragons, fought for his throne. And then the princess ran away with (or on o.O) an ox . Not sure what Humpty Dumpty is all about but the next king is a snake, and the next snake had monkeys and a rabbit, which for some reason caused panic. And then... the pig has some sheep. I don't know.
Randomness...

Humpty Dumpty refered, i believe, to one of England's kings, maybe Charles, when he was deposed. perhaps if we are going with the royal theory it is an English dynasty. don't know much Brit history, though...

Randomness...

Haha...that's awesome. But there is definitely method to *my* madness...;P

Oh, and Humpty Dumpty is a nursery rhyme (try the all-knowing Wikipedia ;))

I know who Humpty Dumpty is, but thanks anyway. I just didn't understand how it fit with the riddle. :lol: So, does this have to do with any people specifically?

Are there stories along with the zodiacs? charlottes webb for the first one...... damn that templeton... and the last one is alice in wonderland.... the last one is. Babe ... that was some pig

The dragon race was tight.

The princess ran away on an ox.

There was some panic over a rabbit.

So what now?

(and what do these lines mean?)

The little Dog laughed to see such fun, and the Boar ran away with the Rooster

...or something dealing with the Chinese Lunar Calander morphed with a nursery rhyme.

so how i thought the first line was charlottes webb... well it was witten in 1965 which was the year of the.... Snake.. which leads to the next line... so if the last one is alice in wonderland... it was written in 1865... which if my math is right was the year of the .... ox... orr maybe the disney version which was made in 1933 year of the ....rooster....

How about...

The young c-o-c-k assumed the position.

Chinese zodiac signs. England's Kings, Tudors, etc. My only problem is that the Chinese didn't use our calendar back then, but I used the 12-year cycle anyway and things just fell into place. The young c-o-c-k is Edward VI born 1537 and assumed the throne in 1547; he was only 9 and he died in 1553. C-o-c-k/Rooster is the sign for 1537.

I started with Humpty Dumpty...he might have been King Richard III. His seat (position) fell on Henry VII. The next snake (Henry VIII has some monkeys (kids born under the Chinese Monkey). Panic over a rabbit could be the illegitimate son Henry Fitroy b 1519 (sign of Rabbit).

Edited by LuvWarrior

I just got this on my iGoogle Gadget homepage. fun

I know part of what this is.

Right now is the Rat :D It is about the Chinese Zodiac Calendar.

I know that 'princess ran away on an ox' means that Princess Diana passed away in 1997- the year of the Ox.

The 'panic over a rabbit' has to do with Y2K in 1999.

hahahaha GW Bush is Humpty Dumpty- took office first in Jan 2001-year of the snake.

The rest of you can fill in the rest...

Edited by DrCandy

Another thought...

Could it have anything to do with the Shrek movies & possibly the video games? Running away from the dragon was a tight race, Fiona (princess) had an ox balloon. Don't want to research further if I'm on the wrong track. LOL I spent too much time on my other answer and it was wrong. :-)

Dang! I like DrCandy's answer too!!

Edited by LuvWarrior

Sorry! Im new, I didnt realize you were supposed to post stuff as "spoilers" and not ruin it for others. Sorry for those who read my post before I changed it to spoiler!

Dang! I like DrCandy's answer too!!

I just got this on my iGoogle Gadget homepage. fun

I know part of what this is.

Right now is the Rat :D It is about the Chinese Zodiac Calendar.

I know that 'princess ran away on an ox' means that Princess Diana passed away in 1997- the year of the Ox.

The 'panic over a rabbit' has to do with Y2K in 1999.

hahahaha GW Bush is Humpty Dumpty- took office first in Jan 2001-year of the snake.

The rest of you can fill in the rest...

Welcome, and thanks for adding the spoiler :)

Yep, Now is the year of the Rat!

The princess I was referring to Princess Di, but actually, by "ran away" I meant she ran away from the paparazzi, which sadly resulted in crash that killed her...

Since the lunar year (which is what the Chinese Zodiac goes by) actually ends/starts in January or February of the solar year, the "over a rabbit" I was referring to was the millennium transition from 1999-2000, which occurred during the year of the rabbit...

And rofl...I love the idea of GW as Humpty Dumpty...but the riddle specifically refers to Humpty Dumpty's seat falling...;)

How about this...

In the chinese calendar, each year is represented by an animal. Like monkey, rooster, dragon, rabbit, etc. This is some sequence of that. I do not know what exactly is the sequence of the calendar, so I cannot guess further.

Welcome, and thanks for adding the spoiler :)

Yep, Now is the year of the Rat!

The princess I was referring to Princess Di, but actually, by "ran away" I meant she ran away from the paparazzi, which sadly resulted in crash that killed her...

Since the lunar year (which is what the Chinese Zodiac goes by) actually ends/starts in January or February of the solar year, the "over a rabbit" I was referring to was the millennium transition from 1999-2000, which occurred during the year of the rabbit...

And rofl...I love the idea of GW as Humpty Dumpty...but the riddle specifically refers to Humpty Dumpty's seat falling...;)

2001 is the year of the snake and the only thing I can think of that fell in that year were the twin towers in NYC. Now that I think of it, in the nursery rhyme, all the kings horses and men couldn't put humpty together again... makes sense

As usual, Interesting, Intriguing or WIRED!

Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall

Humpty Dumpty had a great fal

All the kings horses and all the kings

Had scrambled egg for breakfast

yum yum !!

The sitting part of my anatomy is getting a headache over this one.

So what now?

(and what do these lines mean?)

If I remember correctly Humpty Dumpty actually refers to some King. That's all I got.

Chinese zodiac

rat, ox, tiger, rabbit, dragon, snake, horse, sheep (ram or goat), monkey, rooster, dog, and boar .

I was hanging out with my boar

All the main events I cud find regarding 2000 are:

* Microsoft releases Windows 2000.

* The NASDAQ Composite Index reaches an all-time high of 5048

* A rare conjunction of seven celestial bodies (Sun, Moon, planets Mercury-Saturn) occurs on the New Moon

* France beats Italy 2-1 to win Euro 2000 with a golden goal.

* The 2000 Summer Olympics are held in Sydney, Australia.

Also , George W. Bush is sworn in as the 43rd President of the United States on jan 20 and the dragon year ends on Jan 23 - Is that the tight race ????

Phewwww ... Let me know if i am atleast on the right track !!!