BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Mafia III

unreality

Question

Mafia III

Sign up now ;D 12 is the absolute minimum, though 15 is the real minimum. 18 would be awesome, and 21 is ideal for what I have in mind (more than 21 is even better tongue.gif)

Check out Mafia II for more information on what Mafia is, and the concepts and stuff:

Post #29 - Rules
Post #17 - Strategy Tips
Post #51 - Intro
Post #65 - A Wild Evening
Post #77 - The Blue Octane
Post #159 - To The Sharks!!!
Post #174 - Open Warfare
Post #338 - The Web of Lies
Post #360 - Last Girl Standing
Post #429 - A Firelit Lynching (& Epilogue)

I won't post the official rules and roles for Mafia III until I know how many people are playing, so sign up quick biggrin.gif

* Dnae is invincible for the first night and first day
* Puzzlegirl is invincible for the first night

(If you don't know, those two are invincible because they died first & second in Mafia II)

the roster:

Host: Unreality
1) dnae
2) puzzlegirl
3)

• Answers 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Just curious Unreality, but are you going to give the defender the lie detector ability? Or at least something that can be used aside from being a barrier to the vigilante?

That would make the role of defender WAY more dangerous. You cant just say I'M THE DEFENDER AND <name> IS LYING!, you wouldn't last the night.

Edited by pw0nzd

That would make the role of defender WAY more dangerous. You cant just say I'M THE DEFENDER AND <name> IS LYING!, you wouldn't last the night.

lol...and I thought the defender's role is the least important :D i guess unreality is making changes in the roles

I'm not sure... I might give them sort of ability, but I doubt the lie-detection one. Hmmm... :P

list:

1) dnae

2) Brandonb

3) pw0nzd

4) Frost

5) itachi-san

6) akaslickster

7) kingofpain

8) Scott

9) Grey Cells

10) Ravi

11) LIS

12) pieman

13) Nayana

14) Lucifer

15) dawh

Add me to the list; I'm game! :D

I haven't tried this sort of thing before, but I understand the basic premise.

lol...and I thought the defender's role is the least important :D i guess unreality is making changes in the roles

At this point the defender can't do anything him/her self, but has a crucial part in protecting the only innocent that can kill people (the vigilante). So this means that the defender is the most sought-after innocent in the game. Everyone is trying to kill him/her, but the problem is that 1-the defender has no actual ability themselves, and 2-the ability could become a liability because it could give away the role of that person to the mafia/GR.

no just a few. And I don't think I'm gioing to change the Defender role

Nayana: you thought the Defender's role was least important? lol, the Defender is key to the Vigilante's survival. The GR must kill the Defender to get to the Vigilante, same with the Mafia.

anyway... *waits for more people to join*

no just a few. And I don't think I'm gioing to change the Defender role

Nayana: you thought the Defender's role was least important? lol, the Defender is key to the Vigilante's survival. The GR must kill the Defender to get to the Vigilante, same with the Mafia.

anyway... *waits for more people to join*

i meant to say with no special powers.. ;) in that sense yes...vigilante is the killing machine for the innocents :)

18 people would be 6 baddies and 12 Innocents- I think I'd do 3 Mafiosos, 2 Quarky Agents and 1 Grim Reaper for the baddies, each with their own win conditions, and then of course the 12 Innocents, each with their own roles, and the Innocents win by killing all the baddies. though it may be too hard on the Mafia since they still have some groups but with more Innocents (but more groups, with the groups separate...). If we keep 15 people, there'd be 4 Mafiosos, 1 Grim Reaper and 10 Innocents

18 people would be 6 baddies and 12 Innocents- I think I'd do 3 Mafiosos, 2 Quarky Agents and 1 Grim Reaper for the baddies, each with their own win conditions, and then of course the 12 Innocents, each with their own roles, and the Innocents win by killing all the baddies. though it may be too hard on the Mafia since they still have some groups but with more Innocents (but more groups, with the groups separate...). If we keep 15 people, there'd be 4 Mafiosos, 1 Grim Reaper and 10 Innocents

I like the idea of 4 mafiosos. If we make it to 18 then why not keep the 4 mafiosos and the two grim reaper idea. Otherwise it seems there would be too many killings every night, and still only one lynching per day. I mean, you have more experience from the other games you have played, but that's just my opinion.

It would be weird with two Grim Reapers. That's more of an individual role, I don't think there should be more than one.

eww ur right, if both reapers killed then it would be the same as having the quirky spies (unless they were independent from eachother and a different reaper killed each night).

Edited by Brandonb

I'm in too.

the new list:

1) dnae

2) Brandonb

3) pw0nzd

4) Frost

5) itachi-san

6) akaslickster

7) kingofpain

8) Scott

9) Grey Cells