BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Mafia III

unreality

Question

Mafia III

Sign up now ;D 12 is the absolute minimum, though 15 is the real minimum. 18 would be awesome, and 21 is ideal for what I have in mind (more than 21 is even better tongue.gif)

Check out Mafia II for more information on what Mafia is, and the concepts and stuff:

Post #29 - Rules
Post #17 - Strategy Tips
Post #51 - Intro
Post #65 - A Wild Evening
Post #77 - The Blue Octane
Post #159 - To The Sharks!!!
Post #174 - Open Warfare
Post #338 - The Web of Lies
Post #360 - Last Girl Standing
Post #429 - A Firelit Lynching (& Epilogue)

I won't post the official rules and roles for Mafia III until I know how many people are playing, so sign up quick biggrin.gif

* Dnae is invincible for the first night and first day
* Puzzlegirl is invincible for the first night

(If you don't know, those two are invincible because they died first & second in Mafia II)

the roster:

Host: Unreality
1) dnae
2) puzzlegirl
3)

• Answers 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Hmmm....

I have an idea for the bankroller to make things more interesting. What if, when the vigilante/QA tries to kill someone, the bankroller should have the opportunity to bribe them out of it. However, they can do this only once. Kind of like the mayor during the day.

Right.... maybe they decide which night to use it, you tell them who all is going to die, and they choose one person to save. That way, you only notify them once.

Also, roughing up is kind of a universal mafia ability... ...I just think that the bankroller should be more fun to play.

I'm thinking of giving each QA a role

like....

The Mastermind

The Electrician

The Martial Artist

or something like that

what do you guys think?

That could make it interesting, but it probably depends on what abilities come with the roles.

Also, it's not clear in the rules you've been developing whether a QA kill is unblockable. If so, they probably shouldn't have very strong abilities, if they have any. With three QAs, it's more likely that at least two might meet up and if they can get a guaranteed kill each night on anyone other than the Ninja, that's pretty powerful. :mellow:

why would they be unblockable (assuming you mean un-saveable by a Doctor/Healer)??? what gave you that impression? A Doctor or Healer saves no matter what...

I thought I read something about that in Mafia III... :o

My mistake I guess.

I'm thinking of giving each QA a role

like....

The Mastermind

The Electrician

The Martial Artist

or something like that

what do you guys think?

What if one of them had the ability, that if lynched, would give the other two QAs the ability to PM whether or not they had figured out eachother's identities? But only if Lynched. This would only work (or have any real benefit) as long as the thing that you did unreality (on LP), was banned from the upcoming game.

not enough dialogue i thought, you voted - its not enough pieman, you have to Role Play, lie, tell the truth. accuse, and guess, maybe read the hidden close that the host is putting up....

Not to mention use your ability. There were people that voted expecting that was all that was required, but you also need to do as LIS described and use your ability.

Question for Unreality. In the upcoming game, the QAs are able to kill every night if they have a majority. So....

1)If if gets down to a single remaining QA does the killing return to an ever-other night type thing?

2)I didn't mention it in the previous game b/c I didn't want to destroy the setup. But isn't all the QAs have to do is target the confirmed innocent (Mayor) right from the beginning? I didn't say it last time, but it would be the first thing I would do. Which would then give them instant mafia status.

my idae for QA roles:

Quarky Agent roles:

* Master of Disguise - if the Bomb lie-detects a statement by or about the Master of Disguise, the MoD can decide what my reply will be

* Master of Espionage - can spy on one person every night. Gets told "Innocent" or "baddie". Influence-able by the Thief

* Master of Subterfuge - if the MoS is lynched while 1 or more living QAs are in communication with the MoS, the MoS escapes the lynching

Question for Unreality. In the upcoming game, the QAs are able to kill every night if they have a majority. So....

1)If if gets down to a single remaining QA does the killing return to an ever-other night type thing?

2)I didn't mention it in the previous game b/c I didn't want to destroy the setup. But isn't all the QAs have to do is target the confirmed innocent (Mayor) right from the beginning? I didn't say it last time, but it would be the first thing I would do. Which would then give them instant mafia status.

1) no... the remaining QA will kill every night. There are no special conditions for just 1 QA

2) that's only if they ALL do that (or 2/3, which would mean only those 2 could PM). But they didn't, since it was established in the thread that the Mayor could be useful to baddies. One strategy I did help the QAs with I called "persistence" (I hinted at it in one of the posts I think) which is where one person would continually go for the same person until the other QAs took the hint. But anyway, there is no Mayor or confirmed-anything in Mafia IV so your question is irrelevant :P

Just an idea. If the GR has been killed, he can come back to life only if the innocents lynch 3 of their own back to back. :ph34r: We will then know they were innocents but not their title. Plus the down side is an additional baddie to contend with.

Edited by akaslickster

Just an idea. If the GR has been killed, he can come back to life only if the innocents lynch 3 of their own back to back. :ph34r: We will then know they were innocents but not their title. Plus the down side is an additional baddie to contend with.

That's pretty much impossible. The GR can't be killed in the first lynching anyway, which means that he would have to killed in the 2nd lynching. Which then means that there would have to be back to back to back innocent lynchings (making it five lynchings). If at that point the GR came back to life then #1, everyone would know who that guy guy that just came back into the game was the reaper (which they would know anyways if he had been lynched in the first place) and #2 Then since the reaper kills on even numbered nights he wouldn't be able to kill the night he was brought back, so s/he would be lynched the next day again before s/he could make the kill. That late in the game it would be practically over anyway. All he would end up doing is wasting a potential lynching (that is if s/he was killed in the 2nd lynching in the first place).

I had a couple ideas for other roles.... sorry I'm not a big fan of the character that just randomly tries to protect him/her self at night.

1) the copycat. Any night (but no two nights in a row) the copycat asks Unreality to role the die for what night characteristic the copycat gets to use. Such as BG(to have the same 1/3 chance), Doctor(to save), Reaper(to kill), Bomb(lie detect) the specials of the various mafioso roles, etc. Then the copycat gets informed of what ability it gets, and is asked who to use it on. Once assigned the ability the copycat is not allowed to decline the use of that role. (Must kill, Must save, Must use the BG chance).

2)I forgot the other one, I'll post it later if I can remember.

you mean the Oasis Traveler? yeah I see what you mean, though I had something secret planned

I like the Copycat, but not the name ;D how about 'the Emulator'? lol. I'm trying to think of a good name for it... but I like the concept. Sort of an all-around skillsperson or whatever...

The Changeling?

Oh yeah, the other idea... Instead of the reaper being invincible for the first night and day (b/c if he is targeted, then he is outed anyway b/c he gets out of the killing)

The death worshiper. Basically the idea is just that if a predetermined event occurs (like if the first reaper is killed by another baddie instead of in a public lynching, or if a certain role gets lynched), then the death worshiper becomes the reaper when/if the reaper dies.

Maybe, the Worshiper knows who the reaper is, but the reaper does not know who the worshiper is. So the worshiper can try to sway a lynching in favor of the reaper in order to gain the power of the reaper. So the worshiper can target the reaper for the lynching, but if the worshiper gives away who s/he is, then 1-the reaper will kill the worshiper, or the lynch mob will just take out the worshiper in the next lynching.

I'm not sure about this second idea, but the first one seems pretty sound. Plus it should help with the reaper being able to fulfill the objective of killing the vigilante.

Edited by Brandonb

Oh yeah, the other idea... Instead of the reaper being invincible for the first night and day (b/c if he is targeted, then he is outed anyway b/c he gets out of the killing)

That's not necissarily true, he could be the GR or if lynched, the atheist, or if killed at night, the ninja(previously the vigilante). It's unknown which role he is, that's just a possibility. Unless his role is revealed when he escapes.

That's not necissarily true, he could be the GR or if lynched, the atheist, or if killed at night, the ninja(previously the vigilante). It's unknown which role he is, that's just a possibility. Unless his role is revealed when he escapes.

True, I guess it only applies to a lynching. But I still think it would eliminate the need for a 1st day/night invincibility

which brings up another question. Is Itachi (if he plays in Maf IV) going to be invincible for the 1st day and night?

Edited by Brandonb

Another thought about Unreality's "ghost" idea. Rather than give the ghost role to the first person that dies. How about when someone (anyone) dies they get to choose a number 1-6. Unreality then rolls a standard six-sided die and if it hits the number then that person gains the Ghost role. So there could be more than one ghost, or there could be none.

The role of "Ghost" would not allowed to vote in a lynch, nor can it use any of its old abilities, nor can it reveal its previous role. However, the ghost CAN participate in all conversations on the board, including the strategic ones. AND, if it was a mafioso or QA, it is still allowed to participate in nighttime discussions (maybe). Just a thought.

OR INSTEAD

As a tweak to the town crier... The town crier (though it may need a different name, like "The Medium") gets to PM with all of the deceased people about everything in the game, including the roles of the deceased if they care to share them (if they are telling the truth that is). This makes for a very dangerous but possibly very confused innocent.

Edit: My favorites are The Medium and The Changeling/CopyCat

Edited by Brandonb

hmm... yeah no Ghost, but the Medium is interesting... I don't think that communication with dead players is a good idea at all though, or anything related to dead players

right now, I'm looking at the Copycat/Emulator/Mimic character as a replacement for Town Crier

The previously mentioned and a few new ideas for names for the role:

"The Metamorph" abbreviated "MM"

"The Jack of all Trades" abbreviated "JT"

"The Chameleon"

"The CopyCat" abbreviated "CC"

"The Emulator"

"The Mimic"