BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Mafia III

unreality

Question

Mafia III

Sign up now ;D 12 is the absolute minimum, though 15 is the real minimum. 18 would be awesome, and 21 is ideal for what I have in mind (more than 21 is even better tongue.gif)

Check out Mafia II for more information on what Mafia is, and the concepts and stuff:

Post #29 - Rules
Post #17 - Strategy Tips
Post #51 - Intro
Post #65 - A Wild Evening
Post #77 - The Blue Octane
Post #159 - To The Sharks!!!
Post #174 - Open Warfare
Post #338 - The Web of Lies
Post #360 - Last Girl Standing
Post #429 - A Firelit Lynching (& Epilogue)

I won't post the official rules and roles for Mafia III until I know how many people are playing, so sign up quick biggrin.gif

* Dnae is invincible for the first night and first day
* Puzzlegirl is invincible for the first night

(If you don't know, those two are invincible because they died first & second in Mafia II)

the roster:

Host: Unreality
1) dnae
2) puzzlegirl
3)

• Answers 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

1) dnae

2) puzzlegirl

3) Brandonb

4) pw0nzd

At the end of mafia III (or IV) we should write this up into a big story, just for fun ;) .

Edited by pw0nzd

I'm in.

1) dnae

2) puzzlegirl

3) Brandonb

4) pw0nzd

5) Frost

6) itachi

Just a thought. You mentioned maybe another doctor. How about a nurse who only saves someone of her choosing 1/2 of the time, but as long as she is alive, the Doctor can't die.

Edit: or a Pharmacist, surgeon, EMT, etc... if any of those sound cooler ;)

Too many are bringing up the past Mafia episodes. Should'nt that be meaningless completely in this #3?

Yes, they should be meaningless, but where are people bringing them up?

Yes, they should be meaningless, but where are people bringing them up?

Except for being invincible first or second. The past should be completely excluded from the present game. Unless I'm wrong. <_< Regarding any references to the roles or actions that took place in the prior episode.

Edited by akaslickster

Except for being invincible first or second. The past should be completely excluded from the present game. Unless I'm wrong. <_< Regarding any references to the roles or actions that took place in the prior episode.

We're not discussing the old game, but rather ideas for new roles if we have enough people to fill them.

I still would like the idea of another form of killer, one that forces someone else to kill (like when we had the drug dealer idea the first time). I was thinking that it would be kind-of like the nurse that itachi said.

Call the character "two face" or "cursed assistant" or something like that. The 50/50 chance would be that if two-face chose to "assist" someone that turned out to be a killer that night (Mafioso, reaper, vigilante), then the killer would get to kill two people. However, if "two face" chose someone who happened to be an innocent, then that innocent would be saved. But either way the identity of two-face would be revealed to the person they chose to assist. The kicker would be that the character must choose someone to assist every knight, and never the same person twice in a row. And even though the assisted person gets to know two-face's identity, they won't be very likely to call them out because they were assisted in their goals.

Edited by Brandonb

hmmm- but that also means the two-face discovers the role of the people he/she helps, because they would get double. Maybe the Doctor would get to save two people, etc

I'm thinking of someone like a Pirate, who can annoy one person every night by pretending to be a pirate ("aaar! avast ye maties! land ahoy!"), and then that person can't carry out their role that night- ie, the Doctor can't save, the GR can't kill, etc.

hmmm- but that also means the two-face discovers the role of the people he/she helps, because they would get double. Maybe the Doctor would get to save two people, etc

I'm thinking of someone like a Pirate, who can annoy one person every night by pretending to be a pirate ("aaar! avast ye maties! land ahoy!"), and then that person can't carry out their role that night- ie, the Doctor can't save, the GR can't kill, etc.

Would that have an effect on the mafia since there is more than one person? Or would they still kill someone?

Well, Mafia is fun and actually goes surprisingly quick, and whenever we finish a game we start up another. B))

It's okay. :lol: I was just saying that as a comment. Everything is improving. :)

Would that have an effect on the mafia since there is more than one person? Or would they still kill someone?

there are two options regarding this

(a) no effect on the Mafia or the Quarky Agents

(b) if the Pirate picks a Mafioso or a Quark, the entire Mafia or Quarky Spy Ring cannot kill

it would seem that the Pirate role is worthless (detrimental actually) to the Innocents unless we go with Option B

in a sec I'll post my ideas of some of the new roles and modified Mafia II roles

That could really slow down the mafia if the pirate keeps picking different mafiosos, and then he would know one of the mafia members. It seems like that role would be a little too good for the Innocents.

yeah, screw the Pirate/role-canceller type role. It's too unbalanced in either direction

how did you guys like the Defender/Vigilante thing? I think it's good, cuz it's not too easy for the GR to win, but not too hard either. As for its relation to the Mafia, it's not too bad cuz the Vigilante doesn't start killing until the 3rd night, so the Mafia have enough time to figure out who he is and who the Defender might be, etc

in addition, the Doctor role seemed kind of worthless, as we haven't had the Doctor save anyone yet. Should there be two Doctors (only possible if we get enough people) or should the Doctor be able to save TWO people per night?

Also, I'm making it so that the Doctor can save himself, but only ONCE

yeah, screw the Pirate/role-canceller type role. It's too unbalanced in either direction

how did you guys like the Defender/Vigilante thing? I think it's good, cuz it's not too easy for the GR to win, but not too hard either. As for its relation to the Mafia, it's not too bad cuz the Vigilante doesn't start killing until the 3rd night, so the Mafia have enough time to figure out who he is and who the Defender might be, etc

in addition, the Doctor role seemed kind of worthless, as we haven't had the Doctor save anyone yet. Should there be two Doctors (only possible if we get enough people) or should the Doctor be able to save TWO people per night?

Also, I'm making it so that the Doctor can save himself, but only ONCE

Yeah, I liked the Defender and Vigilante, invincibility is awesome! Though not being able to do anything is annoying, but it is fair to wait until the third night.

For the doctor, maybe you should do something similar to what Itachi said about the nurse.

Edited by Frost

btw, I liked the way my Mafia > Bomb > Inspector > Mafia knowledge triangle worked out. The Inspector knows a Mafioso's identity, two at the third day, and all of them by the fifth day, the Bomb knows the Inspector so the Bomb can trust him, but the Mafia know the Bomb so if the Bomb is too believing in someone, they might suspect that they're the Inspector.

I'll post new role ideas now:

* Sphinx- appears normal by ay, but every odd-numbered night, they can protect one person (not themself and not the same person 2x in a row). If someone tries to kill the protected person, the would-be killer gets asked a riddle, to which they get one chance to guess correctly, OR they can back down and withdraw if they think the riddle is too hard (because of this, I make up the riddle, not the Sphinx). If they do accept the riddle, however, and guess correctly, the Sphinx steps aside and allows the killing. If they guess incorrectly, the Sphinx kills the killers. ALL of the killers. ie, the entire Mafia would be slaughtered (or if were the Grim Reaper or Vigilante, just the one person). That's why there's the option of backing down from the kill, lol. If someone tries to kill the Sphinx at night while the Sphinx is off protecting someone, the killer searches all night in vain. However, if someone tries to kill the Sphinx on an even-numbered night, the Sphinx can be killed normally, as she is not protecting anyone and is at her house.

* Squeaker- knows the Defender's identity. If killed, reveals Defender to killer(s). If lynched, reveals the Defender to EVERYONE. Like the Defender, when the Squeaker dies, everyone knows that the person was the Squeaker. This is too offset the balance of having more Innocents to scan through to find the Defender

* Mayor- a confirmed Innocent in the beginning. Everyone knows who the Mayor is. Also, the Mayor can stop 1 lynching of his/her choosing if he/she feels that the person being lynched is innocent

* Detective- PMs me one person every odd-# night. Gets PMed a response either "guilty" or "innocent", though no specific information past that. Guilty means a baddie- mafia/GR/quarky. However, before the game begins, I roll a random chance. There is a 4% chance the Detective is a Sucky Detective, and reverses everything (ie, guilty appears innocent and innocent appears guilty). Another 4% chance that they're a Paranoid Detective, where everyone appears guilty, and another 4% chance that they're a Naive Detective, where everyone appears innocent. Of course, the Detective doesn't know his own status- however, the Mafia does know the Detective's status (or maybe the Quarky Spies will, depending if I actually use the Quarky Spy idea, that's only if we get enough people), though the Mafia doesn't know the identity of the Detective

* Grim Reaper Savant- this person is a worshipper of the Grim Reaper. If the GR dies via lynching, this person dies with them. If the Savant is killed by the Reaper at night, everyone is told that the Savant was saved by a saving role, but the Savant actually is told of the GR's identity and can PM with the GR. The Savant can't kill or anything but they can work to sow discord to help out the GR, and the Savant wins with the GR.

^ I'm not sure if this is a good idea... and what happens if the GR dies at night by some other group? I don't know. I'll only impliment the GR Savant if we get a lot of people

* The Coworkers- two people that know each other's identity and can PM each other freely (until one of them dies). If a Coworker dies during the night, their role is revealed (they say "my coworker will be angry" or something lol) but not the role of their fellow coworker. If the other coworker is dead, the identity of the second one is NOT revealed if they die at night.

^ This might be a good idea, but it seems like a waste of two Innocent role spots to me. I'm thinking of un-idea-ing this idea ;D

I think I should impliment a Quarky Agent-related role if we get enough people to even have a Quarky Spy Ring

Mafia III

the roster:

1) dnae

2) puzzlegirl

3)

Unreality, you silly goose! I told you that I have to sit out #3 'cause I'll be jet settin' it until the 20th. But please, please, PLEASE sign me up for #4 (just wait until after I'm back home to kick it off!)

And to the good townspeople of Awesomeville, Oasis, or whatever the following city will be...I look forward to pwning you!!! Whahahahahahah!!!

oops, I forgot a Mafia role I made:

* The Godfather- random 1 of the Mafiosos. Can collect info one person every odd-# night. It's revealed whether the person is a Mafioso, Quark, Reaper, Defender, or "other Innocent"

maybe

see, I'm thinking of not having the Quarky Agents at all, at least this game