BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

unreality

Question

hey guys, I need some help cracking these secret roles ;D they're part of a Mafia game I just joined on a LOST fansite called Lostpedia, and they're "secret" roles, though the Host gave us some clues as to what they are... maybe my fellow BrainDenizens can help me out :P

these are the secret roles:

- XXX XXXXX XXXXXXXXX: ~~ long ~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~, ~~~ ~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~ be ~~~~~~. ~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~ ~, ~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~/~~~. ~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~ lynched, ~~~~ ~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~’~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~.

- XXX XXXXXXXX: ~~~~ ~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~ trying ~~ ~~~~. ~~/~~~ ~~ aware ~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~ ~~ ~~~~~.

I'm thinking so far, for the second one:

- The XXXXXXXX: ~~~~ ~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~ trying ~~ ~~~~. or/and ~~ aware that they are ~~~~~~ ~~ ~~ ~~~~~.

some options I can think of for two-letter words:

to

or

an

is

it

of

I'm

AM

PM

FM

XM

• Answers 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Okay...should be sleeping...but just realized:

The XXXXX Protector: as long as this person is still alive, the ~~~~~~~~ cannot be killed. If the ~~~~~~~~ is attacked at night, then the Protector must not ~~~~~~~~~~ him/her. If the ~~~~~~~~ is lynched, then if that person is killed the Mayor can prevent the Protector's lynching instead.

The Criminal: This is the player that the Drug Addict and the Serial Killer are trying to find. He/she is aware that they are trying to ~~ ~~~~~.

So there is only one 8 letter name, probably the name of the other secret role...

Okay, now BED...for real! (Shut up, my stupid brain ;P)

Edited by Yoruichi-san

Hi,

I am a new user and registered just to reply to this. After reading your posts, I wanted to suggest a way to make the 'instead' that was bothering you fit better.

How about... "the Mayor can command the Protector's lynching instead."

I'm not clear on the premise, but I thought 'command' might work better.

As far as the 'is lynched' and 'is killed' problem, maybe try... "is lynched, then it will ~~~~~~ if ~~~~~~ the Mayor can command"

Thought of 6-letter words ('allows' or 'permit') but couldn't find a way to make it fit...and maybe it isn't 'if', but a diff 2-letter word

I know it doesn't all fit, but just some things to consider.

thanks! So you mean:

The XXXXX Protector: as long as this person is still alive, the ~~~~~~~~ cannot be killed. If the ~~~~~~~~ is attacked at night, then the Protector must not ~~~~~~~~~~ him/her. If the ~~~~~~~~ is lynched, then if that person is killed the Mayor can command the Protector's lynching instead.

The Criminal: This is the player that the Drug Addict and the Serial Killer are trying to find. He/she is aware that they are trying to ~~ ~~~~~.

I did one of their Jamble searches for words that end in "ate" and took the 10-letter words:

indelicate, infiltrate, ingratiate, innominate, innumerate, inordinate, inosculate, inseminate, inspissate, insufflate, intenerate, interstate, intimidate, intoxicate, intraplate, intrastate, invaginate, invalidate, inveterate, invigilate, invigorate, isocyanate, italianate, lanceolate, legitimate, lemniscate, licentiate, littermate, magistrate, manipulate, margravate, marquisate, masturbate, menstruate, microstate, miseducate, mithridate, multistate, nonseptate, obliterate, obnubilate, operculate, orbiculate, palatinate, paniculate, passionate, patriciate, pediculate, perfoliate, perpetrate, perpetuate, pistillate, postdebate, potentiate, profligate, promulgate, propionate, propitiate, pyrolysate, pyrolyzate, quantitate, reactivate, reallocate, recuperate, redecorate, rededicate, reescalate, reestimate, reevaluate, regenerate, reinitiate, rejuvenate, remotivate, remunerate, renominate, repatriate, repopulate, reregulate, resupinate, reticulate, revalidate, revegetate, salicylate, schoolmate, scutellate, spathulate, stablemate, stridulate, subcordate, subprimate, superstate, supplicate, terneplate, tessellate, transudate, triacetate, trifoliate, trifurcate, tripinnate, triplicate, triradiate, umbilicate, understate, unifoliate, uninitiate, univariate, unsaturate, vaticinate, vertebrate, vesiculate, vituperate, vociferate

that wouldn't fit with the 1st role and it wouldn't make sense with the 2nd role :D

I think we're stuck on this:

The XXXXX Protector: as long as this person is still alive, the 12345678 cannot be killed. If the 12345678 is attacked at night, then the Protector must not [10-letter-verb] him/her. If the 12345678 is lynched, then if that person is killed the Mayor can 1234567 the Protector's lynching instead.

I'll ask Whisperer a few questions like this:

1) Is the last word of the first secret role "instead" or "ability" or neither?

2) are the 8-letter-roles in the first secret role (they are located at the 10th word of the 1st sentence, the 3rd word of the second sentence, and the 3rd word of the 3rd sentence) the same role, or are they all different, or are two of them the same?

3) how close am I on the first role?

The XXXXX Protector: as long as this person is still alive, the 12345678 cannot be killed. If the 12345678 is attacked at night, then the Protector must not [10-letter-verb] him/her. If the 12345678 is lynched, then if that person is killed the Mayor can 1234567 the Protector's lynching instead.

4) how close am I on the second role?

5) are you going to answer ANY of these questions? lol :D

at least answer the 3rd & 4th questions *puppy dog eyes* lol

thanks,

phoenix

Hey guys, I'm still dropping in on this one..have noted whisperer has added a bit more to some of the identities abilities..could be useful...am considering them at this very moment ;)

since we have something wrong on #2 I think it might be the name, but also something important within the text..

The XXXXXXXX: This is the player that the Drug Addict and the Serial Killer are trying to find. He/she is aware that they are trying to ~~ ~~~~~.

hmmm- I'm at a dead end right now

Sorry for leaving you to fend for yourself...been tied up...

Umm...are you sure about the "must not"? In the context, since the 12345678 can't be killed if the protector is alive, then I think the sentence should say what the protector needs to do to prevent the 12345678 from dying or something like that...

since we have something wrong on #2 I think it might be the name, but also something important within the text..

The XXXXXXXX: This is the player that the Drug Addict and the Serial Killer are trying to find. He/she is aware that they are trying to ~~ ~~~~~.

I got the second one:

The XXXXXXXX: This is the player that the Drug Addict and the Serial Killer are trying to find. He/she is aware that they are trying to be found.

might as well call it Criminal:

The Criminal: This is the player that the Drug Addict and the Serial Killer are trying to find. He/she is aware that they are trying to be found.

we just need to work on #1

it turned out to be "the Merchant"

The Merchant: This is the player that the Drug Addict and the Serial Killer are trying to find. He/she is aware that they are trying to be found.