BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

unreality

Question

hey guys, I need some help cracking these secret roles ;D they're part of a Mafia game I just joined on a LOST fansite called Lostpedia, and they're "secret" roles, though the Host gave us some clues as to what they are... maybe my fellow BrainDenizens can help me out :P

these are the secret roles:

- XXX XXXXX XXXXXXXXX: ~~ long ~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~, ~~~ ~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~ be ~~~~~~. ~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~ ~, ~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~/~~~. ~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~ lynched, ~~~~ ~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~’~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~.

- XXX XXXXXXXX: ~~~~ ~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~ trying ~~ ~~~~. ~~/~~~ ~~ aware ~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~ ~~ ~~~~~.

I'm thinking so far, for the second one:

- The XXXXXXXX: ~~~~ ~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~ trying ~~ ~~~~. or/and ~~ aware that they are ~~~~~~ ~~ ~~ ~~~~~.

some options I can think of for two-letter words:

to

or

an

is

it

of

I'm

AM

PM

FM

XM

• Answers 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

the or/and is weird, cuz it's usually and/or, but maybe it's flipped to put us off... I can't think of anything else that would fit into ~~/~~~

How about he/she? ...he/she is aware that ...

and for the other /, how about him/her?

I don't watch Lost, but I would guess that the names of the roles would have some relevance to the show...

And it would probably help if you told us what the other non-secret roles are... ;)

Edited by Yoruichi-san

this is a Cult-themed Mafia, not LOST-themed. And thank you!!! :D

- XXX XXXXX XXXXXXXXX: ~~ long ~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~, ~~~ ~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~ be ~~~~~~. ~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~ ~, ~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~ him/her. ~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~ lynched, ~~~~ ~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~’~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~.

- XXX XXXXXXXX: ~~~~ ~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~ trying ~~ ~~~~. He/she is aware that they are ~~~~~~ ~~ ~~ ~~~~~.

Edited by unreality

they're most likely both "the"s, but I could be wrong:

-The XXXXX XXXXXXXXX: ~~ long ~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~, ~~~ ~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~ be ~~~~~~. ~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~ ~, ~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~ him/her. ~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~ lynched, ~~~~ ~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~’~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~.

- The XXXXXXXX: ~~~~ ~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~ trying ~~ ~~~~. He/she is aware that they are ~~~~~~ ~~ ~~ ~~~~~.

"trying to"

-The XXXXX XXXXXXXXX: ~~ long ~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~, ~~~ ~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~ be ~~~~~~. ~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~ ~, ~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~ him/her. ~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~ lynched, ~~~~ ~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~’~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~.

- The XXXXXXXX: ~~~~ ~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~ trying to ~~~~. He/she is aware that they are ~~~~~~ ~~ ~~ ~~~~~.

god character? lol

it's Cult-themed, and a forum game, so it's probably different than the real-life games you've played ;D in fact it's pretty different than my Mafia II, mostly because of it's Cult theme

here are the roles:

http://forum.lostpedia.com/showpost.php?p=...amp;postcount=4

I'm expecting both of these roles to be something unusual, kinda like my Sphinx idea for Mafia II or III (which I haven't introduced to the topic yet, lol, but I'm thinking about connecting it to the Illusionist...... but anyway... back to the puzzle, lol)

in the first role, there is a single tilde... what do you guys make of it? Probably not "I". Thus most likely "a", except it's right before a comma. Am I forgetting another single-letter word?

Could it be a number? Otherwise I would think it is "am I", if the role descriptions are in 1st person...

so far we've got:

- The XXXXXXXX: ~~~~ ~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~ trying to ~~~~. He/she is aware that they are ~~~~~~ ~~ ~~ ~~~~~.

-The XXXXX XXXXXXXXX: ~~ long ~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~, ~~~ ~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~ be ~~~~~~. ~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~ I, ~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~ him/her. ~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~ lynched, ~~~~ ~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~’~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~.

it could be "am I" or "or I" or something...

Hmmm...so among the other role descriptions, we have this:

The Drug Addict: This player must find a certain other player by PMing me the name of a player every night. If he/she does not find that certain player by a certain time, then something will happen.

Which is very vague ("something will happen"?) I'm thinking one of the secret roles is this "certain other player", and part of the description is the "something" that will happen...

what's a synonym for "drug dealer"? ;)

Edited by Yoruichi-san

I would suggest for the first one it starts 'as long as', or 'so long as'

for the single letter followed by a comma, it makes sense as 'I' where 'to ~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ as I, they will ......

-The XXXXX XXXXXXXXX: as long as ~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~, ~~~ ~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~ be ~~~~~~. ~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~ I, ~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~ him/her. ~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~ lynched, ~~~~ ~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~’~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~.

yeah whether it's "so long as" or "as long as" doesn't really matter ;D thanks! What did you mean about the single letter part? I don't think I understood you right

Hmmm...so among the other role descriptions, we have this:

The Drug Addict: This player must find a certain other player by PMing me the name of a player every night. If he/she does not find that certain player by a certain time, then something will happen.

Which is very vague ("something will happen"?) I'm thinking one of the secret roles is this "certain other player", and part of the description is the "something" that will happen...

what's a synonym for "drug dealer"? ;)

yeah I already tried "Drug Dealer", but it didn't fit ;( yeah, the Drug Addict will have a withdrawal (and die) if he doesn't find the Drug Dealer in x amount of time, that's pretty obvious. My mind never connected that with the secret roles though :D good job! Unfortunately, Drug Dealer doesn't fit, and that's the most obvious... maybe The Drugs Somethingsomething...

I would suggest for the first one it starts 'as long as', or 'so long as'

for the single letter followed by a comma, it makes sense as 'I' where 'to ~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ as I, they will ......

Going with that idea and my idea, how about "as long as drug addict is still alive,..."

nice!

-The XXXXX XXXXXXXXX: as long as Drug Addict is still alive, ~~~ ~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~ be ~~~~~~. ~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~ I, ~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~ him/her. ~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~ lynched, ~~~~ ~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~’~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~.

"cannot be killed" makes sense

-The XXXXX XXXXXXXXX: as long as Drug Addict is still alive, ~~~ ~~~~~~~ cannot be killed. ~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~ I, ~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~ him/her. ~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~ lynched, ~~~~ ~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~’~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~.

Actually, now the lack of "the" is bothering me...maybe it's just "as long as this person is still alive...", but I think the "is still alive" is correct...

Wow...this is fun ;P

Okay, how about "as long as this person is still alive, the [some character w/ 7 letters, burglar/dentist/psychic?) cannot be killed...