BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Mafia II

unreality

slick, is there any reasoning behind your motives? Although, since it's only the first day, there isn't much to reason with yet
No particular reason. I could just pull a name out of a hat if it makes it more impartial. When I decided, I only had suspicious mind and a wild guess. No one can use more than a guess with absolutely zero info. No bias from prior skit if that was a question.

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nah, I was just curious, not accusatory ;D

bringing the stuff over to this page:

Post #29 - Rules

Post #17 - Strategy Tips

Post #51 - Intro

Post #65 - A Wild Evening

Post #77 - The Blue Octane

Host: Unreality

1) Brandonb

2) Scott

3) akaslickster - voting for Itachi

4) pw0nzd - voting for GC

5) GC - voting for puzzlegirl

6) pieman

7) dnae - DEAD [?] Killed by Mafia

8) Frost

9) itachi

10) Kingofpain

11) Nayana

12) puzzlegirl

cmon people! Start voting ;D lol

1) Brandonb

2) Scott- voting for Brandomb

6) pieman

7) dnae - dead (?) Killed by Mafia

8) Frost

9) itachi

10) Kingofpain

11) Nayana

12) puzzlegirl

My method of deciding was deceptively simple, but on the inside teems with complexity. Eenie, meenie, minie, moe....

Edited by IMLRG

we have a pretty split vote...

1) Brandonb

2) Scott - voting for Brandonb

6) pieman

8) Frost

9) itachi

10) Kingofpain

11) Nayana

12) puzzlegirl

1) Brandonb

2) Scott - voting for [color="red"]Brandonb[/color]

3) akaslickster - voting for [color="blue"]Itachi[/color]

4) pw0nzd - voting for [color="#008000"]GC[/color]

5) GC - voting for [color="#ff8c00"]puzzlegirl[/color]

6) pieman [color="grey"]

7) dnae - DEAD[/color] [color="#002222"][?] Killed by Mafia[/color]

8) Frost

9) itachi

10) Kingofpain

11) Nayana

12) puzzlegirl

1) Brandonb

6) pieman

8) Frost

9) itachi - voting for puzzlegirl

10) Kingofpain

11) Nayana

12) puzzlegirl

I think my previous post got ignored.

Yeah, I agree with frost, wasn't he invincible?
Invincible yes. Yet, don't let that fool you. Anyone that should be lynched should be one that you think is the mafiosa. Now, without any predjudice, you need to select one of us. It does not matter who you pick, as for the moment we have nothing to go with. As this goes on we will learn who is who. :)

Now, I must use the facility. :(

Edited by akaslickster

1) Brandonb

6) pieman

8) Frost

10) Kingofpain

11) Nayana

12) puzzlegirl

I think my previous post got ignored.

No, it was not. I thought maybe Nayana but then no. I don't know for sure but, if it will make you feel better then vote for me. I have been dead for years so it won't be a first time.

I will clarify my decision on why I chose Puzzlegirl to be lynched . Most of us(atleast me) have a first impression that only men can be Mafiaso . So our honourable host :P , to make life difficult for the innocents could definitely have included a woman in the ranks of the mafia . Hence my decision to lynch Puzzlegirl .(The casting is not history , but is a mystery) :D

P.S. : I assumed Nayana wouldn't have been given this role as she is slightly busy at the moment.(Hope there's no objection for possessing an extra-bit of knowledge. ;) Most probably you all know this .)

KOP , this is not ridiculous but definitely comes under psychology. <_<

Did any one notice that GC seems to be following the same pattern that Scott did last game. First he votes for someone out of the blue then instantly changes his vote to another seemingly random person. Is this normal or it could be a hint as to what his roll is.

BTW unreality, is voting for someone on the basis of how people acted in the previous game break the rule you made?

Sorry to dissapoint you , pw . But I had nothing of that sort in my mind . I changed my vote from Scott to PG , only because I was corrected by unreality , and rightly too . My act was indeed immature , to say the least . So back to my senses , I reasoned that , starting with PG was a logical starting point . ;)

So let's call a truce . :) (That doesn't mean you cannot kill me) :P

GC and puzzlegirl, do you want to defend your innocence? that might be a good idea if more people start voting for you :P

Since I've never played the game before...online or otherwise, I have no idea what I am or am not allowed to say to defend myself without giving too much away. Can some of you PM me to give me some hints, or perhaps clarify the rules of the game?

If we're talking psychological reasoning...since I was one of the last one's to sign up and I have no friggin' clue how to play this game, doesn't it make sense that I wouln't be given an important role? And how could someone with such an adorable smile be so cruel as to be one of the baddies?

As for my vote, since I am totally stinkin' clueless, I'm going to vote for GC for no other reason than because he's sexist...so he must be part of the "ol' boy's club." ...And also to try to even out the vote and because he voted for me. <_<

Edited by puzzlegirl

Since I've never played the game before...online or otherwise, I have no idea what I am or am not allowed to say to defend myself without giving too much away. Can some of you PM me to give me some hints, or perhaps clarify the rules of the game?

No PMing allowed!! I think that is a pretty rigid rule of this game. You can say whatever you like as long as you understand the implications. People may choose to believe you or not. If you have a special role (like doc), then you may not want to reveal that since that way, the mafia will target you this night. You can start by taking apart GC's argument that the first impression is that the mafiosos are male.

I, for one, vehemently dispute GC's arguments since it varies a lot by culture. Seeing from your profile pic, it looks like you are Indian and being from the same country meself, I realize that it is socially ingrained in our culture that criminal activity is associated with men. This is, however, less true in other cultures that I've had the joy of being exposed to. I am also sure that from a psychological perspective, while the subconscious stream of thought MAY associate men with being mafia, you are implying that unreality CONSCIOUSLY compensated for this and picked a female mafia. I doubt it and I would like to state that in my mind, pg is just as likely to be mafia is the rest of us. I am also not voting for GC for the same reason. His argument is perfectly rational if we had been playing this game amongst indians, but is on thinner ice given the diverse bunch of people we have here!

I know it looks like I am trying to save pg (and I am pretty sure I'll be lynched if she IS indeed a mafia), but I want to categorically state that I do not mind voting for pg if there is a better argument. I would love to hear itachi's rationale for voting for puzzlegirl.

Of course, we can also all gang up on pg because we are all voting randomly anyway, but I shall resort to that once I am convinced there is no reason to vote for anyone else.

And oh! I happen to go by Vig, so can everyone try not to use my nickname for vigilante because I was thoroughly confused by an earlier post :))

Cheers!

--

Vig

No PMing allowed!!

I just ment to PM the rules of the game...NOT your opinions or roles or anything else that might compromise the game. I just don't understand what is exceptable to reveal in my thread posts and what is not.

it looks like you are Indian

Wow! I've gotten French, German, part-Native American, but Indian is a new one! Actually I'm a European Mutt that was born and raised in the central United States. Wichita, KS is a beautiful oasis in the middle of nowhere. :D

That being said, how could a sweet little kansas farmgirl be a memebr of the mafia...unless it's the mafia that controls wheat and hog trading. :lol:

P.S. How did you view my personal profile pic? I tried to upload it several weeks ago, but I cannot view it myself so I figured the file was too large or something.

Edited by puzzlegirl

If we're talking psychological reasoning...since I was one of the last one's to sign up and I have no friggin' clue how to play this game, doesn't it make sense that I wouln't be given an important role? And how could someone with such an adorable smile be so cruel as to be one of the baddies?

As for my vote, since I am totally stinkin' clueless, I'm going to vote for GC for no other reason than because he's sexist...so he must be part of the "ol' boy's club." ...And also to try to even out the vote and because he voted for me. <_<

Hey ! I am not sexist . Maybe my psychological reasoning could have been affected by The Indian factor , as KOP has mentioned . But still I have only one brain , and it insists on persisting with you PG. :lol:

Wow! I've gotten French, German, part-Native American, but Indian is a new one! Actually I'm a European Mutt that was born and raised in the central United States. Wichita, KS is a beautiful oasis in the middle of nowhere. :D

That being said, how could a sweet little kansas farmgirl be a memebr of the mafia...unless it's the mafia that controls wheat and hog trading. :lol:

P.S. How did you view my personal profile pic? I tried to upload it several weeks ago, but I cannot view it myself so I figured the file was too large or something.

Uh... I think he was talking about GC, who does happen to be from India, not you puzzlegirl.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, it is the first day, so there is little rationale behind our decisions as we know so little yet. Just pointing that out.

1) Brandonb

2) Scott - voting for Brandonb <- I still think we shouldn't be allowed to vote for Brandonb.

6) pieman

8) Frost - voting for puzzlegirl

10) Kingofpain

11) Nayana

12) puzzlegirl - voting for GC

I however, have a perfectly logic reason for my vote. One thing that you guys should remember is that the inspector knows one of the mafiosos, they were PMed when day started. Also, the bomb knows who the inspector is, so they will likely back them up. Since there are two people that both have two votes, I figure one of those groups is the inspector and the bomb. Since it seems like puzzlegirl voted out of revenge, I will agree with GC and Itachi(though I am not saying they actually are those roles or who is who, it's just logical reasoning). :D Sorry, puzzlegirl.

Edited by Frost

Uh... I think he was talking about GC, who does happen to be from India, not you puzzlegirl.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, it is the first day, so there is little rationale behind our decisions as we know so little yet. Just pointing that out.

1) Brandonb

2) Scott - voting for Brandonb <- I still think we shouldn't be allowed to vote for Brandonb.

6) pieman

10) Kingofpain

11) Nayana

I however, have a perfectly logic reason for my vote. One thing that you guys should remember is that the inspector knows one of the mafiosos, they were PMed when day started. Also, the bomb knows who the inspector is, so they will likely back them up. Since there are two people that both have two votes, I figure one of those groups is the inspector and the bomb. Since it seems like puzzlegirl voted out of revenge, I will agree with GC and Itachi(though I am not saying they actually are those roles or who is who, it's just logical reasoning). :D Sorry, puzzlegirl.

yeah I had forgotten Brandonb's invincibility :P

the new roster is:

1) Brandonb

2) Scott

6) pieman

10) Kingofpain

11) Nayana

puzzlegirl: you can say anything you want in the topic. You can say your role, pretend you are a different role, etc. However, only the Mafiosos can PM each other, and that's ONLY during the night cycle. If you really wanted to, anyone could PM each other about roles, but this almost always gets the PMers killed in the next couple days, either because (a) they gave away their role while trying to make an "alliance" or (b) they asked persistently for the other person's role, and the other person felt threatened. I've seen it happen on other games. So don't PM people about the game ;D

but you CAN PM me anything you want to about the game, including further questions or strategy tips :D if you want some basic, non-situation-based strategy tips, check the "Strategy Tips" link in my little link list:

Post #29 - Rules

Post #17 - Strategy Tips

Post #51 - Intro

Post #65 - A Wild Evening

Post #77 - The Blue Octane

questions asked by someone: (don't reveal who, because they're obviously not a Mafioso, and probably not the GR or Vigilante either)

1) do the mafiosos learn the role of the ppl they kill at night?

2) what about the reaper and the vigilante?

3) also, what happens if some of those roles PM u to kill the same person?

1) no

2) no and no

On 1 & 2: I've been thinking of some roles for future games, and some of them may be revealed during night... but as of now the only way a role can be revealed during the night is the Vigilante, who cannot die while the Defender is still alive, and then the Vigilante's identity would be revealed to everyone through the story. Also, I'm thinking of whether or not I should show it when/if the Defender dies at night.... (and just to be safe, if they already have :P)

3) well I take artistic license in my story :D you'll see if it happens

1) Brandonb

2) Scott

6) pieman

10) Kingofpain

11) Nayana - voting for Itachi

just my strong instincts...errr...sorry Itachi :unsure:

1) Brandonb

2) Scott

6) pieman

10) Kingofpain

11) Nayana - voting for Itachi

do you want to defend yourselves, Itachi and/or puzzlegirl and/or GC? it might be now or never ;D with 11 people, majority is at 6, but because we are split between three people, it's more or less around 5 votes to condemn someone :D

Okay then, I'll put it this way...If you really think I'm a threat then you're not smart enough to be a member of BrainDen. C'mon people, really? You'll feel mighty stupid come tomorrow when you find out I'm a big nobody and then the rest of the group starts targeting you for lynching. For crying out loud, once Unreality gave me my role assignment and I looked it up I thought to myslef "WTF? Did he just pull this out of his a**?" Look at the list on Post #29...find the role that it the least interesting and most worthless and that's me.

But, I can't stop you from being paranoid, so do what you like.

P.S. Did I mention that I'm an Honestant?

Edited by puzzlegirl