6) pieman

7) dnae

8) Frost

9) itachi

10) Kingofpain

11) Nayana

12) puzzlegirl

Intro to Mafia II

"Tell us the story of Awesomeville again, grandma!" the little grandkids shrieked excitedly. At the sign of her reluctant face, they pleaded even more. "Pleeeeease, grandma! All those villains and spies and mafiosos!"

The grandma's eyes twinkled as she remembered her days as a boat hijacker in the canyon river behind the now-peaceful desert town of Tumbleweed, Zazarazalaf. "Alright, kids," she gave in, smiling. "But go to bed straight after the story."

The kids huddled excitedly around the old lady, eager to hear the story again.

"Awesomeville was a relatively normal, suburban town to the north of here, but still in the Zazarazalaf region," the grandma started. "North of the desert. In fact, the weather was always good in Awesomeville, leading to its growth. Not like Tumbleweed, where the same families have lived for generations. No, kids, Awesomeville had a diverse population, and was located on a major trade route to the capital city of Denbrain. Due to the money that flowed through Awesomeville, the Mafia soon set up a small cell of operations within the town. However, they were at first unaware that a mysterious Grim Reaper had already taken up residence in Awesomeville, and eager to test out his scythe. Once the Innocents of Awesomeville discovered they were being preyed on at night, they become an angry mob, lynching one person every day."

The grandchildrens' eyes twinkled as they imagined Mafiosos and Grim Reapers burning at the stake and being hanged and shot and drowned and and...

"Yes, their war against the baddies was short-lasted, though," the grandma said sadly, though she was not sad at all. She herself was a terrorist agent from the neighboring country of Quarky. "Due to a mistake by the Host God known only as Unreality due to his unreal nature in our real world, the Mafia was too strong, and although the Grim Reaper was burned at the stake quite early in the war, the Mafia took control of Awesomeville, killing the Innocents that stood in their way and setting it up as the center of the Mafia in our good country of Content Phoenix. Now, the sultan of Content Phoenix, a man named Phoenix, was not happy with the Mafia, and sent the Fiery Armies to root out Unawesomeville and make it Awesome again."

"Yay!" the kids screamed in delight as the grandma told the tale of how the Mafiosos were slaughtered and their operation thrown out of the town.

"Oh, that's not all," the grandma chuckled, with the hint of a cold smile. "Do you really think the Grim Reaper stays dead for long? No, he was back in Awesomeville, living like a peaceful citizen for a few years after the rebuilding. In fact, I think he was acting mayor for a couple months. Good guy, Reapy. But his bloodlust and connection to mysterious nighttime deaths could not be quelled for long. Soon he would be back to prey on Awesomeville."

The kids stared in horror.

"But that's not all," the grandma continued. "The Mafia, rankled at Sultan Phoenix's hasty cleanup of Awesomeville in the name of Unreality, started rebuilding their cell within Awesomeville, claiming to the Host God that the game would be fairer this time. Of course, Unreality knew this. He had optimized the rules of the game, making it better and awesomer than Mafia I."

"It's a game, grandma?" the kids asked confusedly.

"Never mind," the grandma said hastily, just as confused as her grandkids. Why had she said those strange words about a 'game'? This was no game! "Anyway," she continued. "My point is, the Mafia was back. And the Grim Reaper was back to old ways, too. Another hard time was coming for the sleepy town of Awesomeville, kids. But the Innocents were more prepared this time, thanks to the sultan. They were ready to fight back."

And so begins Mafia II.

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In fact, I'm going to start it right now :P

final roster of players:

Host: Unreality

1) Brandonb

2) Scott

3) akaslickster

4) pw0nzd

5) GC

6) pieman

7) dnae

8) Frost

9) itachi

10) Kingofpain

11) Nayana

12) puzzlegirl

Intro to Mafia II

"Tell us the story of Awesomeville again, grandma!" the little grandkids shrieked excitedly. At the sign of her reluctant face, they pleaded even more. "Pleeeeease, grandma! All those villains and spies and mafiosos!"

The grandma's eyes twinkled as she remembered her days as a boat hijacker in the canyon river behind the now-peaceful desert town of Tumbleweed, Zazarazalaf. "Alright, kids," she gave in, smiling. "But go to bed straight after the story."

The kids huddled excitedly around the old lady, eager to hear the story again.

"Awesomeville was a relatively normal, suburban town to the north of here, but still in the Zazarazalaf region," the grandma started. "North of the desert. In fact, the weather was always good in Awesomeville, leading to its growth. Not like Tumbleweed, where the same families have lived for generations. No, kids, Awesomeville had a diverse population, and was located on a major trade route to the capital city of Denbrain. Due to the money that flowed through Awesomeville, the Mafia soon set up a small cell of operations within the town. However, they were at first unaware that a mysterious Grim Reaper had already taken up residence in Awesomeville, and eager to test out his scythe. Once the Innocents of Awesomeville discovered they were being preyed on at night, they become an angry mob, lynching one person every day."

The grandchildrens' eyes twinkled as they imagined Mafiosos and Grim Reapers burning at the stake and being hanged and shot and drowned and and...

"Yes, their war against the baddies was short-lasted, though," the grandma said sadly, though she was not sad at all. She herself was a terrorist agent from the neighboring country of Quarky. "Due to a mistake by the Host God known only as Unreality due to his unreal nature in our real world, the Mafia was too strong, and although the Grim Reaper was burned at the stake quite early in the war, the Mafia took control of Awesomeville, killing the Innocents that stood in their way and setting it up as the center of the Mafia in our good country of Content Phoenix. Now, the sultan of Content Phoenix, a man named Phoenix, was not happy with the Mafia, and sent the Fiery Armies to root out Unawesomeville and make it Awesome again."

"Yay!" the kids screamed in delight as the grandma told the tale of how the Mafiosos were slaughtered and their operation thrown out of the town.

"Oh, that's not all," the grandma chuckled, with the hint of a cold smile. "Do you really think the Grim Reaper stays dead for long? No, he was back in Awesomeville, living like a peaceful citizen for a few years after the rebuilding. In fact, I think he was acting mayor for a couple months. Good guy, Reapy. But his bloodlust and connection to mysterious nighttime deaths could not be quelled for long. Soon he would be back to prey on Awesomeville."

The kids stared in horror.

"But that's not all," the grandma continued. "The Mafia, rankled at Sultan Phoenix's hasty cleanup of Awesomeville in the name of Unreality, started rebuilding their cell within Awesomeville, claiming to the Host God that the game would be fairer this time. Of course, Unreality knew this. He had optimized the rules of the game, making it better and awesomer than Mafia I."

"It's a game, grandma?" the kids asked confusedly.

"Never mind," the grandma said hastily, just as confused as her grandkids. Why had she said those strange words about a 'game'? This was no game! "Anyway," she continued. "My point is, the Mafia was back. And the Grim Reaper was back to old ways, too. Another hard time was coming for the sleepy town of Awesomeville, kids. But the Innocents were more prepared this time, thanks to the sultan. They were ready to fight back."

And so begins Mafia II.

darn right we did :lol:;)B)) btw wat grandma says awesomer?

update:

pieman

Frost

akaslickster

puzzlegirl

Remember the most important rule: No behind the scenes contact! You are not allowed to PM anyone about the game, about your role, about someone else's role, etc, NOR DOES THIS HELP YOU, since you can never be sure of the role of another person!!! DO NOT DO THIS! The only people that are allowed to PM each other about the game are the Mafiosos, and they can only do so at night!

thanks, just wanted to clear that up :P

Post #29 - Rules

Post #17 - Strategy Tips

Post #51 - Intro

A Wild Evening

The wind howled through the trees of Awesomeville and swept through the streets like an invisible flood, leaving all the civilians of Awesomeville waiting in their houses as the gales roared on. Then came the rain, at first pattering and quiet, then intense and stormy as foggy grey sheets of rain lanced from the sky, pounding the pavement and drumming on rooftops. Lightning crackled and blazed and sparked outside, emitting bright flashes that illuminated the streets, and thunder boomed and rumbled, shaking the very foundations of the town.

However, the night was still active, despite the tempest raging outside...

The Mafiosos were meeting to discuss their first victim, and the Doctor was preparing his/her medical kit, ready to lurk outside someone's house to save them if necessary.

The first night of Mafia II begins now. I need PMs from the Mafia and the Doctor ;D

I'm proposing a rule change for the Defender, tell me what you think...

Defender: the normal rule is that while the Defender is alive, the Vigilante cannot die no matter what, getting out of every potential fatal situation

my adjustment idea:

Defender: while the Defender is alive, the Vigilante gets out of every lynching (cannot die during the day)

however, if the Vigilante is targeted at night, the FIRST time this happens, the Vigilante gets out of it, but the SECOND time this happens, the Vigilante messes up and would die, except the Defender dies in place of the Vigilante, taking the bullet. After that, the Vigilante is vulnerable

good idea? or no?

I think that would even the score for the mafia...Like turning Superman into Aquaman...better chances :wacko:

Are there any drugstores in Awsomeville, cause I need an ibuprofen :blink:

I already discussed it with the Vigilante, and I've decided to revoke the idea :P it's as it was before ;D (not that it had ever changed, it was just a possible idea :D)

anyway, there has been some recent confusion about day/night even/odd

The time of day or date in any part of the world at any time has no affect on Mafia! When I say "day" or "night" in Mafia, I mean the day-night cycles of the game. Odd nights are 1st, 3rd, 5th, etc. Even nights are 2nd, 4th, 6th. Odd days are- okay I think you get the idea :P

real-life-time-or-date doesn't matter. Currently it is the FIRST (thus odd-numbered) night in Mafia, and I still need the Doctor's reply and Mafia's consensus :P

If you're asking me, you will not receive an answer as I'm not at liberty to discuss any roles. :lol::lol::lol:

I was'nt born yesterday. :P You'll need to figure out whose who in a different manner. :)

So, you ARE the Defender! :P