BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Mafia II

unreality

Yeah but then if one life is killed you still have another. :lol: Also, Sllouhette, Mafia I had some kinks in it, that were too late to fix. This is the new and improved version. Nothing can go wrong. Right unreality???

Ohhhhhhh....thanks slick.

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

;D

Host: Unreality

1) Brandonb

2) Scott

3) akaslickster

4) pw0nzd

5) GC

6) pieman

7) dnae

8) Frost

9) itachi

10) Kingofpain

How about we each play 2 separate roles. Double up the ante?

uh, I can't even begin to explain all the problems that would pose, lol :P

Of course I'd join ;) this game is sweet.

One thing though: it seems to me that the inspector finds out who the entire Mafia is too soon. Maybe you could PM the inspector a Mafia identity every other day, or perhaps keep one random mafioso's identity from them for a long time? Just a couple thoughts

that's something I thought of- in Mafia 1, I had the Inspector starting on the 2nd day- but this seemed too late. But I realized I can make your idea work with that too, and I'm editing the Inspector's role:

Every odd-numbered day, the Inspector learns the identity of a Mafioso

So basically the first, third and fifth days to learn the Mafia.

Good idea Itachi :D

Most Updated (So Far) Set of Rules:

Mafia II

12 people:

3 Mafiosos

1 Grim Reaper

8 Innocents

---

* Mafia - win by killing all the Innocents and the Grim Reaper. Every night they choose one person to bump off via PMs (this is the only time PMing is allowed in the game!!!). Also, any night, but not two nights in a row, the Mafia can opt to "rough up" someone, in which two implications are given:

** do not continue your line of accusations, or we will kill you

** do not reveal that you were roughed up, or we will kill you

Roughing up is an option for the Mafia, and can have outcomes that aren't always good for the Mafia- so only do this if you've thought about it and want to.

Also, at the beginning of the game, the Mafia is informed of who the Bomb is

* Grim Reaper - wins by killing the Vigilante (if this happens early enough, we will play for "second place"). The Grim Reaper kills every even-numbered night

* Innocents - win by killing the Mafia and the Grim Reaper. During the day, a lynching vote occurs just like in Mafia 1, and the condemned person gets publicly executed and their role revealed

EACH INNOCENT HAS A SPECIAL ROLE:

* Doctor- save someone every night by PMing me. If this person is targeted for death by the Mafia and/or Grim Reaper, the person will be saved by the Doctor and live. The Doctor cannot save himself/herself, nor can the Doctor save the same person two times in a row

* Vigilante- knows who the Defender is. The Vigilante kills for the Innocents every odd-numbered night, except for the 1st night. Can choose not to kill

* Defender- knows who the Vigilante is. While the Defender is alive, the Vigilante cannot die, and gets out of every death situation with badass awesomeness

* Inspector- PMed, by me, one Mafia identity at the beginning of every odd-numbered day (1st, 3rd and 5th for the three Mafiosos)

* Sage- can PM me anytime to get the list of the people the Doctor has been saving. Also, the Sage can choose to PM me every even-numbered day to see how many Mafiosos are alive

* Spy- can spy on anyone ever even-numbered day. They PM me who they want to spy on, and I reply, revealing that person's role

* Bomb- knows who the Inspector is. When (if) the Bomb dies, there is a half chance that they will take their killer down with them. If their killer is the Mafia, a random Mafioso will be killed- however the Mafia is informed at the beginning of the game who the Bomb is. If the Bomb's killer is the Grim Reaper, the Grim Reaper would blow up. If the Bomb is lynched, the Innocent who was most outspoken for the lynching (chosen by me) is blown up. If I can't decide, I pick randomly from the Innocents that voted for the Bomb

* Illusionist- every even-numbered night (the same night that the Grim Reaper kills), the Illusionist can make illusionary copies of one person to protect them ONLY from the Grim Reaper (the Mafia ain't fooled). The Illusionist cannot protect themself, nor can they protect the same person twice in a row. When (if) the Grim Reaper dies, the Illusionist's role may be obselete- or it may morph into something else altogether.

If we could get 15 people, the pattern would be:

4 Mafiosos

1 Grim Reaper

10 Innocents

so I would need two more Innocent roles- one of them would be this, which I just made:

* Squeaker: knows who the Defender is. If the Squeaker dies, he/she reveals the identity of the Defender... if the Squeaker is lynched, the character shouts it out to everyone during the lynching. If the Squeaker is killed by the Mafia or the Grim Reaper, in my night post I show him/her saying that, but not what they said (the killers get privately PMed the Defender's identity). If the Vigilante kills the Squeaker, the Squeaker is silenced, though an Innocent is dead.

current list of players:

1) Brandonb

2) Scott

3) akaslickster

4) pw0nzd

5) GC

6) pieman

7) dnae

8) Frost

9) itachi

10) Kingofpain

Edited by unreality

If we could get 15 people, the pattern would be:

4 Mafiosos

1 Grim Reaper

10 Innocents

so I would need two more Innocent roles- one of them would be this, which I just made:

* Squeaker: knows who the Defender is. If the Squeaker dies, he/she reveals the identity of the Defender... if the Squeaker is lynched, the character shouts it out to everyone during the lynching. If the Squeaker is killed by the Mafia or the Grim Reaper, in my night post I show him/her saying that, but not what they said (the killers get privately PMed the Defender's identity). If the Vigilante kills the Squeaker, the Squeaker is silenced, though an Innocent is dead.

current list of players:

1) Brandonb

2) Scott

3) akaslickster

4) pw0nzd

5) GC

6) pieman

7) dnae

8) Frost

9) itachi

10) Kingofpain

I'm sure we can accomplish that this very morning or night. Now alot of you's are sleeping so I have to get up early if I want to know what is going on. I think it is safe to insert Thuhchris, but he is sleeping ha ha ha

para unreality: i have some ideas. could a doc save if u got shot in the head? i doubt. and if he was just standing at the door y dont the mafiosos kill him too? i think the mafia should be have to choose between 2 types of kills, a definet kill(ex shot in the head) where the doctor could not save the person but the police could use blood testing fingerprint ect and get the results back in 2 days. or the good do a possible kill where the doctor can save them but there is no evidence. i also think the mafia should be able to sell "drugs" for money that way the mafia isnt allowed to kill you until u kill one of there own ie hanging vigalante because the big head of the mafia wants the money! but there could be random drug tests that if found in your system can rough u up/ kill u to get who sold the drug. finaly the do could protec the north west east or south side of town which would have an equal distribution of ppl hope u take some of my suggestions i came up with it on my thinking chair!

para unreality: i have some ideas. could a doc save if u got shot in the head? i doubt. and if he was just standing at the door y dont the mafiosos kill him too? i think the mafia should be have to choose between 2 types of kills, a definet kill(ex shot in the head) where the doctor could not save the person but the police could use blood testing fingerprint ect and get the results back in 2 days. or the good do a possible kill where the doctor can save them but there is no evidence. i also think the mafia should be able to sell "drugs" for money that way the mafia isnt allowed to kill you until u kill one of there own ie hanging vigalante because the big head of the mafia wants the money! but there could be random drug tests that if found in your system can rough u up/ kill u to get who sold the drug. finaly the do could protec the north west east or south side of town which would have an equal distribution of ppl hope u take some of my suggestions i came up with it on my thinking chair!

It's already a long shot that the doc is going to save the right person. I think that splitting up the types of kills that a doc could save would make him nearly obsolete. Plus, adding roles to the Mafia gives them considerably more power than any other player in the game. They already know who the innocents are, and are able to kill at night AND lynch during the day AND they can rough up people. Giving them more power than that seems like too much.

I do like the Drug Dealer as a separate role though. He forces another player to kill for him during the day, and the identity of the player (not their role) would be revealed the next day or something (because they would do a sloppy job, and it was done during the day). However, the identity of the drug dealer is revealed to the person that he forces to kill (the next day when everyone else find out who did the kill), so they have the ability to (1) inform on him during the lynching and (2) if it was a mafioso or the reaper they may choose to take him out that night. So he must be careful when and if he chooses to force someone else to kill.

Btw, is your "thinking chair" made of porcelain? Mine is! :P

Edited by Brandonb

It's already a long shot that the doc is going to save the right person. I think that splitting up the types of kills that a doc could save would make him nearly obsolete. Plus, adding roles to the Mafia gives them considerably more power than any other player in the game. They already know who the innocents are, and are able to kill at night AND lynch during the day AND they can rough up people. Giving them more power than that seems like too much.

I do like the Drug Dealer as a separate role though. He forces another player to kill for him during the day, and the identity of the player (not their role) would be revealed the next day or something (because they would do a sloppy job, and it was done during the day). However, the identity of the drug dealer is revealed to the person that he forces to kill (the next day when everyone else find out who did the kill), so they have the ability to (1) inform on him during the lynching and (2) if it was a mafioso or the reaper they may choose to take him out that night. So he must be careful when and if he chooses to force someone else to kill.

Btw, is your "thinking chair" made of porcelain? Mine is! :P

its a lean mean porcelin machine ;)

ok..i am in...need to read the rules fully though ;)

1) Brandonb

2) Scott

3) akaslickster

4) pw0nzd

5) GC

6) pieman

7) dnae

8) Frost

9) itachi

10) Kingofpain

11) Nayan

brandonb addressed your Doctor idea well, but I don't really know what you guys mean by the Drug Dealer role... I don't know.

anyhoo.... do you really think we could get 15? let alone 12? we need at least 12...

and if we get 13, there will be another Innocent role, the Squeaker

if we get 14, the Mafia will have 4, not 3

if we get 15, there will be another Innocent role (not sure what it will be yet)

if we get more than 15, I'll see as we go :D

Edited by unreality

Hmmm I wonder....

If we manage to get a large group of people for Mafia III, could we have 2 competing groups of mafia in the same town.

That could make things very interesting :lol:

yep, I've seen that done. I've played/watched Mafia games with around 30 people, which is a great game, and in that one there were 3 separate Mafia-like groups ;D

but we don't have enough followers on brainden yet (lol, that should grow with time :P) so for now... one Mafia ;D

we still need another person, though

if we do get 15, the 9th Innocent role will be the Squeaker (I already posted about this), but I just thought of the 10th role:

* Mayor- this role has no special powers or anything, but everyone knows that they're the Mayor- ie, it's publicly introduced. They're a confirmed Innocent. That's all. This can be good and bad...

OR

* Mayor- same as the other Mayor idea, except the Mayor's identity is only PMed to Innocents.

I might have some other ideas too (something I saw on another Mafia game called the Librarian)...

we'll see if we even get more than 12 first, though, lol :P

currently our awesome players are:

1) Brandonb

2) Scott

3) akaslickster

4) pw0nzd

5) GC

6) pieman

7) dnae

8) Frost

9) itachi

10) Kingofpain

11) Nayana

Yay, that makes 12:

1) Brandonb

2) Scott

3) akaslickster

4) pw0nzd

5) GC

6) pieman

7) dnae

8) Frost

9) itachi

10) Kingofpain

11) Nayana

12) puzzlegirl

I think I know a couple others (maybe even at least 3) who want to sign up... so cmon guys, you have until later tonight OR later tomorrow night :D (I haven't decided which yet ;D) to sign up

1) Brandonb

2) Scott

3) akaslickster

4) pw0nzd

5) GC

6) pieman

7) dnae

8) Frost

9) itachi

10) Kingofpain

11) Nayana

12) puzzlegirl

I'm up for it, but are you sure there is no one else that will join? What about Thuhchris?

We don't want a repeat of last game with someone coming in last minute. :D