Mafia II

unreality

Mafia II

12 people:

3 Mafiosos

1 Grim Reaper

8 Innocents

---

* Mafia - win by killing all the Innocents and the Grim Reaper. Every night they choose one person to bump off via PMs (this is the only time PMing is allowed in the game!!!). Also, any night, but not two nights in a row, the Mafia can opt to "rough up" someone, in which two implications are given:

** do not continue your line of accusations, or we will kill you

** do not reveal that you were roughed up, or we will kill you

Roughing up is an option for the Mafia, and can have outcomes that aren't always good for the Mafia- so only do this if you've thought about it and want to.

Also, at the beginning of the game, the Mafia is informed of who the Bomb is

* Grim Reaper - wins by killing the Vigilante (if this happens early enough, we will play for "second place"). The Grim Reaper kills every even-numbered night

* Innocents - win by killing the Mafia and the Grim Reaper. During the day, a lynching vote occurs just like in Mafia 1, and the condemned person gets publicly executed and their role revealed

EACH INNOCENT HAS A SPECIAL ROLE:

* Doctor- save someone every night by PMing me. If this person is targeted for death by the Mafia and/or Grim Reaper, the person will be saved by the Doctor and live. The Doctor cannot save himself/herself, nor can the Doctor save the same person two times in a row

* Vigilante- knows who the Defender is. The Vigilante kills for the Innocents every odd-numbered night, except for the 1st night

* Defender- knows who the Vigilante is. While the Defender is alive, the Vigilante cannot die, and gets out of every death situation with badass awesomeness

* Inspector- PMed, by me, one Mafia identity at the beginning of each day

* Sage- can PM me anytime to get the list of the people the Doctor has been saving. Also, the Sage can choose to PM me every even-numbered day to see how many Mafiosos are alive

* Spy- can spy on anyone ever even-numbered day. They PM me who they want to spy on, and I reply, revealing that person's role

* Bomb- knows who the Inspector is. When (if) the Bomb dies, there is a half chance that they will take their killer down with them. If their killer is the Mafia, a random Mafioso will be killed- however the Mafia is informed at the beginning of the game who the Bomb is. If the Bomb's killer is the Grim Reaper, the Grim Reaper would blow up. If the Bomb is lynched, the Innocent who was most outspoken for the lynching (chosen by me) is blown up. If I can't decide, I pick randomly from the Innocents that voted for the Bomb

* Illusionist- every even-numbered night (the same night that the Grim Reaper kills), the Illusionist can make illusionary copies of one person to protect them ONLY from the Grim Reaper (the Mafia ain't fooled). The Illusionist cannot protect themself, nor can they protect the same person twice in a row. When (if) the Grim Reaper dies, the Illusionist's role may be obselete- or it may morph into something else altogether.

Brandonb is invincible for the first night and first day.

IMLRG is invincible for the first night.

I need 12 people to sign up, then I can assign people their roles ;D

if we get more than 12, I can make new roles

Host: Unreality

1) Brandonb

2) IMLRG

3)

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quick question for clarification... if the mafia is going to rough up someone, is that in ADDITION to killing someone? Or does it replace killing someone (though I don't see the advantage in this option unless it lasted for two turns).

This time we mafia will not kill you. Instead we will snip your fingers off until you tell us where the money is Yuk Yuk Yuk~!

YAY! Here's to me NOT being lynched first thing! Anyway, I prefer to go by Scott, so if you don't mind....

1) Brandonb

2) Scott

3) akaslickster

4) pw0nzd

Can't wait to see how this one turns out....

Sorry for interrupting your game but, I'm new and I don't know what a kudo is...everyone seems to use it. What is it??

Hey! no sorry needed . Welcome to the den , Sillouhette . :)

A kudo is an imaginary point you get for solving a puzzle in the den , don't have any worries about that . ;)

And the game's not yet started . Tell you what , Join the elite game of Mafia . I think Unreality will have no problems about that. :D

Sorry for interrupting your game but, I'm new and I don't know what a kudo is...everyone seems to use it. What is it??
Also they have a candy bar named kudos, and I think I tried it before as it is like a booyah or thumbs up in the cyber world. Means you took the cake and ate it too. :D

Its a medium of exchange like the Portuguese currency - use it at the Bonanova coffee shop

btw, it would take up to the 5th or 6th days/nights to kill EVERYONE, maybe even 7th and beyond if things happen certain ways... but EVERYONE doesn't need to die for a success, I'm expecting a winner around the 4th or 5th days/nights

and hopefully everyone from Mafia 1 will join :P

Quick question for clarification... if the mafia is going to rough up someone, is that in ADDITION to killing someone?

yep :D

also, the Vigilante can choose NOT to kill

Strategy Tips:

* Mafia: always kill for a good reason (except maybe the first night). If someone is outspoken against you, don't just kill them off, then everyone knows what's up- it MAY be better to rough them up, but if the roughed up person takes a risk and reveals it, it could be bad for the Mafia, that's why roughing up is a gamble. If you kill people that were outspoken against "Mafiosos" that are actually Innocents, people might try to lynch that Innocent instead of a real Mafioso. You have to use a lot of cunning if you want to win. In the daytime, try to turn the Innocents against each other. Also, if you think that the Defender is dead, trying killing off the Vigilante before the Grim Reaper can get to him, thus cutting off the GR's chance of victory

* Grim Reaper: you are a killing machine, though remember you win by killing the Vigilante, so keep an eye out- if someone escapes from a lynching or killing, they are most likely the Vigilante, and it means their Defender is still alive- you have to get the Defender before you can get the Vigilante

* Innocents: your only way to get back at the baddies is to lynch them by day. You have to be clever, and think- don't just let yourself be swayed by the mob. Here's individual strategy tips for each role:

Innocents' Strategy Tips:

* Doctor- don't waste your time saving someone that doesn't need to be saved. And don't reveal your role- you can be a big help against both the Mafia and the Grim Reaper. Try to look out for people who are overly outspoken... pay carefully attention to how others respond to this before deciding if they're actually in danger. Also, if someone clamors for your protection, it could actually be a Mafioso or the Grim Reaper- and if someone else claims they were "roughed up" and now the Mafia is after them, consider this before blindly saving them- what were they doing BEFORE they got roughed up, what would trigger their supposed roughing-up?

* Vigilante- never reveal your Defender's identity- once it is revealed, both the Mafia and the GR will hasten to kill him. You, the Vigilante, are one of the keys to the Innocents' protection, and the Defender is your only protection, since your identity can become clear pretty early. Though you should try to keep it secret as long as possible. As for who to kill each night, think very very carefully. You can always choose NOT to kill. While the Mafia and the Grim Reaper both know that everyone else is their enemies, you know that the majority of your possible victims are actually Innocents. You're like a solo-lyncher... so if you are unsure, you can always choose not to kill

* Defender- stay hidden. If you think you are in danger of death, come out and reveal your identity as the Defender, for the Vigilante can back you up, if the Vigilante's role is revealed. Then the saving roles can save you...

* Inspector- don't be too obvious about that you "know" someone is the Mafia, for a couple reasons: (1) if you reveal that you're the Inspector, the Mafia will go after you to silence you before you get more names, and (2) people might think you are a Mafioso, trying to turn people against each other. So find another reason, other than "I'm the Inspector" to lynch someone that you know is a baddie

* Sage- your role isn't a high-risk role, and you can take advantage of that by being a bit more open about what you know- but if you take too much advantage, a baddie might decide to kill you off, so tread carefully. While your role may not seem too important, finding out who the Doctor has been saving can be good, as well as finding out how many Mafiosos are alive. With the Grim Reaper killing on even-numbered nights, and roles aren't revealed at night, it's unsure whether he just killed an Innocent or a Mafioso- the role of the Sage can help untangle this... also, a confirmed Innocent can help the Innocents, but this means the Mafia would want you taken down

* Spy- like the Inspector, you have to be secretive about what you know. If you're too open and sure, or reveal you're the Spy, you'll be taken down before you even knew what hit you

* Bomb- take advantage of the fact that you know who the Inspector is. Listen to the subtle signs he/she gives off, and agree, strengthening the Inspector's arguments. Also, the Mafia already knows who you are, so you can be a bit more forthcoming- people will be afraid of killing you, and you are the sort of person the baddies want to leave until last. Take advantage of your unique position

* Illusionist- like the Doctor, save people that you think need to be saved, except your sole focus is the Grim Reaper. Look out for who they are and who they might be after, but don't give away your identity, for the Grim Reaper will want to scythe you down (however the Mafia will actually want to leave you alive for a while, to help protect possibly them, too, against the GR). Remember, you only protect against the GR, not the Mafia too (like the Doctor), so choose wisely

Of course I'd join ;) this game is sweet.

1) Brandonb

2) Scott

3) akaslickster

4) pw0nzd

5) GC

6) pieman

7) dnae

8) Frost

9) itachi

One thing though: it seems to me that the inspector finds out who the entire Mafia is too soon. Maybe you could PM the inspector a Mafia identity every other day, or perhaps keep one random mafioso's identity from them for a long time? Just a couple thoughts

Wouldn't that get complicated?
Yeah but then if one life is killed you still have another. :lol: Also, Sllouhette, Mafia I had some kinks in it, that were too late to fix. This is the new and improved version. Nothing can go wrong. Right unreality??? Edited by akaslickster