BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

the bet

Question

a boy was at a carnival and went to a booth where a man said to the boy,"If i write your exact weight on the paper I'll pay you $50". If i cannot then I will pay you $50. The boy looked around saw no scale so he agrees, thinking no matter what the man says he'll just say he ways more or less. In the end the boy ends up paying the man $50. How did the man win the bet?

The man did exactly what he said. He wrote "YOUR EXACT WEIGHT" on the peice of paper

Another answer....

0 lbs, in the absense of gravity.

Since weight is the measurement of the force of gravity on an object, no gravity = no weight. No where does the man state he will tell the boy he will correctly guess his weight on earth.

a boy was at a carnival and went to a booth where a man said to the boy,"If i write your exact weight on the paper I'll pay you $50". If i cannot then I will pay you $50. The boy looked around saw no scale so he agrees, thinking no matter what the man says he'll just say he ways more or less. In the end the boy ends up paying the man $50. How did the man win the bet?

The man did exactly what he said. He wrote "YOUR EXACT WEIGHT" on the peice of paper

It says "If i write your exact weight on the paper I'll pay you $50". If i cannot then I will pay you $50.", either way the man pays the boy $50.

I meant to write If i write your exact weight on the paper You'll pay you $50". If i cannot then I will pay you $50.

so how did the man win the bet

You meant "You'll pay you $50" ??? Meaning You will pay you $50??... What?