BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

Again I can't find it anywhere, so here goes.

There is a cabin in the snow with one set of tracks going to it, but none going away.

Inside there is a glass of water, a roaring fire and a dead body.

How did the person die?

Edited by Nasty Mama

23 answers to this question

I know this is wrong, but...

Starvation! The guy was obviously in the middle of nowhere and was hungry. He was lucky enough to get water but no food!

Or perhaps he was shot from a distance.

Or maybe the fire engulfed the entire cabin.

:blush:

The murderer stabbed him with an icicle and then placed it in the water glass.

The fire has melted the icicle so now it is just a glass of water.

The murderer then left the cabin by walking backwards in his own previous footsteps, until he came to the path or road at which point he could turn around and leave.

Edited by mary lou

Similar to mary lou:

There were two people stranded in the cabin during a blizzard. One got fed up with the other, stabbed him with an icicle, put it in a glass, then ran backwards from the cabin far away.

Footprints may look slightly different if he retraced, maybe?

Well, just maybe....

An icicle probably couldn't realistically kill someone, because as soon as it was brought into the cabin, it would begin to melt, thus making it hard to stab with.

I would have to say that the man was alone, lonely, and had no hope of surviving before starving to death, so he had a last drink of melted snow before jumping into the fire. You didn't say what state the body was in, after all.... ;)

By the way, this is my first post, so be nice?....

There is a cabin in the snow with one set of tracks going to it, but none going away.

How did the person die?

maybee he was really cold having got thorugh the snow and had time to light fire and drink some water before he could warm up?

Well, just maybe....

An icicle probably couldn't realistically kill someone, because as soon as it was brought into the cabin, it would begin to melt, thus making it hard to stab with.

I would have to say that the man was alone, lonely, and had no hope of surviving before starving to death, so he had a last drink of melted snow before jumping into the fire. You didn't say what state the body was in, after all.... ;)

By the way, this is my first post, so be nice?....

Growing up in Minnesota, I know an icicle could kill someone. When it's really cold, some of those icicles can be over 6 feet long, heavy, and sharp. The little time inside would not melt the icicle enough to reduce its killing power.

his plane crashed after making tracks through the snow. the cabin of the plane is on fire, so i wouldn't really know if he died on impact or of smoke inhalation.

also wouldn't have any idea what the glass of water was for - maybe the smoke made him parched. hehehe

his plane crashed after making tracks through the snow. the cabin of the plane is on fire, so i wouldn't really know if he died on impact or of smoke inhalation.

also wouldn't have any idea what the glass of water was for - maybe the smoke made him parched. hehehe

Plane Crash, the water is irrelevant

I think we should ask IowaGopher what happened to him. Apparently he's killed someone with an icicle, before.

haven't we all? at least those of us from the north...

where there be icicles, there be icicle death.

How did the person die?

Old age... I mean seriously, there could be any number of ways this guy died and they could all be correct, so what makes the actual solution any better. As for my real answer, I'm going to say two guys were in the cabin when one got snow from outside to drink. Little did he know that the snow was poisonous snow. The other guy who survived ran away with his shoes on backwards.

:blush:

The murderer stabbed him with an icicle and then placed it in the water glass.

The fire has melted the icicle so now it is just a glass of water.

The murderer then left the cabin by walking backwards in his own previous footsteps, until he came to the path or road at which point he could turn around and leave.

For 10 points the first correct answer goes to Mary Lou!!

1.the murderer killed the guy 2.took him into the cabin

3.called the police

(the one set of tracks belonged to the killer thats how the police knew it was him)

not that great but it works