BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Mafia

unreality

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I am in danger, but I an hoping (and not asking) the doc protects me. From the different perspectives,

My chain of thought -

Doc should save me because

Doc: "KOP has a >50% chance of being innocent just like everyone else. If he is inno, he is the one in most danger"

I am in most danger because

Mafia: "KOP called out the Grim Reaper. He's got the innocents on his side for now and it will be difficult to eliminate him by lynching. He is also pretty loose with throwing accusations around and people might believe him more now than before since he was right the first time."

Other innocents: "KOP looks like he's in the most danger which means mafia might target someone else since they anticipate the doc saving KOP. Hope it's not me!"

I think the doc should save me for logical reasons (i.e. not just wanting to stay alive) which I shall explain tomorrow if I am alive.

Cheers!

--

Vig

btw I've just realized there are flaws with the Inspector role, which I am fixing right now:

Starting on the beginning of the second day (like it was originally), the Inspector learns the identity of a random Mafioso at the beginning of EVERY DAY, not every-other-day like it was before.

thank you, thank you *bows* lol

That doesn't affect current gameplay because I won't even choose the Inspector until right before I PM him/her

the Inspector, although learning Mafioso identities, cannot be obvious about it, because if the Mafia discovers who it is or has suspicions, they will most likely kill off the Inspector to stop him/her from learning more Mafia identities

bringing stuff over to this page:

Post #44 - Rules

Post #53 - Intro

Post #59 - A Dark Alleyway

Post #111 - An Angry Mob

Host: Unreality

1) Kingofpain

2) Thuhchris

3) Frost

4) Itachi

5) Brandonb - DEAD [?]

6) grey cells

7) pieman

8) IMLRG - DEAD [Grim Reaper]

9) dnae

10) pw0nzd

11) Akaslickster

btw I've just realized there are flaws with the Inspector role, which I am fixing right now:

Starting on the beginning of the second day (like it was originally), the Inspector learns the identity of a random Mafioso at the beginning of EVERY DAY, not every-other-day like it was before.

thank you, thank you *bows* lol

That doesn't affect current gameplay because I won't even choose the Inspector until right before I PM him/her

the Inspector, although learning Mafioso identities, cannot be obvious about it, because if the Mafia discovers who it is or has suspicions, they will most likely kill off the Inspector to stop him/her from learning more Mafia identities

KOP: if the Mafia think you are being protected, they aren't likely to go after you and waste a kill, are they?

I guess it all depends on the Doctor :D (who hasn't PMed me with their choice yet)

Your statement is only true if I am innocent though... Are you telling the world that I am innocent?

no, but there is no more Grim Reaper, so you are either Mafia or Innocent

* If you are Mafia, you are trying to pretend that you are Innocent and trying to attract the Doctor's protection so that the Mafia could bump somebody off with better chance of it succeeding. In that case the Mafia would still think that you are being protecting, and not likely to kill you (but more of the fact that you would be one of them)

* If you are Innocent, you are trying to get the Doctor to save you because you think that the Mafia are after you. In which case, my words still apply

since I am the host, I am neutral :D I give away nobody's roles ;D

no, but there is no more Grim Reaper, so you are either Mafia or Innocent

* If you are Mafia, you are trying to pretend that you are Innocent and trying to attract the Doctor's protection so that the Mafia could bump somebody off with better chance of it succeeding. In that case the Mafia would still think that you are being protecting, and not likely to kill you (but more of the fact that you would be one of them)

* If you are Innocent, you are trying to get the Doctor to save you because you think that the Mafia are after you. In which case, my words still apply

since I am the host, I am neutral :D I give away nobody's roles ;D

Apply the popular interpretation of Occam's razor and my role shall be revealed :)

Cheers!

in Mafia, the simplest way isn't always the right way ;D

if the Grim Reaper were still alive, I'd put "Killed by Mafia" or "Killed by Grim Reaper" next to a nighttime-killed-person's-question-mark, but even since only the Mafia is left as baddies, I'll still put it so people remember :P

1) Kingofpain

2) Thuhchris

3) Frost

4) Itachi

5) Brandonb - DEAD [?] Killed by Mafia

6) grey cells

7) pieman

9) dnae

10) pw0nzd

11) Akaslickster

Post #44 - Rules

Post #53 - Intro

Post #111 - An Angry Mob

Green and Seventh

Night

Pw0nzd hummed a tune to himself as he sat in his living room, watching a late night special on TV.

Someone knocked at the door. At first, pw0nzd had the shivery feeling of death, as if the Grim Reaper himself was the knocker. Then pw0nzd remembered the previous day, and how the Grim Reaper had been burned.

Feeling a bit better, he got up and went to the door, flicking on the porch light. Opening it a little, he looked out into the street. Empty. Weird.

Pw0nzd went to close the door, but he saw an odd rustling on the bushes across the street, at the intersection of Green and 7th. Intrigued, he fixated his eyes on the rustling, so that he wouldn't lose it in the dark, and walked across the- BAM!

As a mysterious black car rammed pw0nzd, his bloody body rolled down the street like meaty tumbleweed. Before he could cough out a lungful of blood and look toward the car in surprise, it was gone, picking up the bush-rustler and disappearing into the misty darkness.

Pw0nzd tried to call for help, but the Doctor, who would've been able to save him, was at the other end of town (waiting in front of a quiet house). Pw0nzd, through a distorted vision, gasped out his final breath and died on the pavement.

Post #44 - Rules

Post #53 - Intro

Post #111 - An Angry Mob

Post #142 - Green and Seventh

alright, it's day, you know what that means :P

I'm choosing & PMing the Inspector right now with the identity of a random Mafioso

1) Kingofpain

2) Thuhchris

3) Frost

4) Itachi

5) Brandonb - DEAD [?] Killed by Mafia

6) grey cells

7) pieman

9) dnae

10) pw0nzd - DEAD [?] Killed by Mafia

11) Akaslickster

the code, for voting:

1) Kingofpain

2) Thuhchris

3) Frost

4) Itachi

[color=grey]5) Brandonb - DEAD[/color] [color=#002222][?] Killed by Mafia[/color]

6) grey cells

7) pieman

[color=grey]8) IMLRG - DEAD[/color] [color=red][Grim Reaper][/color]

9) dnae

[color=grey]10) pw0nzd - DEAD[/color] [color=#002222][?] Killed by Mafia[/color]

11) Akaslickster

with the Grim Reaper down, there is either 3 OR 4 Mafiosos and thus 7 OR 6 Innocents- but two people have bit the dust thanks to the Mafia, and neither of them are GR, therefore we can safely say Brandonb and pw0nzd were Innocents

which means the Mafia-Innocent-ratio is either 4:4 or 3:5... they're starting to get a majority. They may already have half the lynching vote.

It may be a good time for the Martyr, since I made too many Mafiosos this game, I think... this could be an important vote for the Innocents, it may even determine the ultimate winner... and a Martyr can supply absolute knowledge of someone. just throwing that out there :P

EDIT: another hint for everyone... look over the posts from the first lynching, see what people said and how that carries over now, etc

Edited by unreality

8 of us left...I guess that means we are half innocent and half mafioso.

Kingofpain got the second majority votes last time.

He has a fifty fifty chance of being saved by the doctor. I think we should put his luck to the test again.

If you look at his aliby about what he was doing the night of the first murder, that just seems like a ploy to get people to think he's innocent. One could very easily lie about not being in the mafia and a part of the murder.

There also seems to be a lack of communication of thoughts and ideas during the lynching. Obviously the mafia were doing more PMing than the innocents. Just look at the people who hardly said anything. :unsure:

Oops...I guess I was one of those people...hmm

The only people that can PM in the game are the Mafiosos, and they are only allowed to do that during the night

you COULD PM behind me back, and I would never know :P however, this isn't beneficial to the PMer (at all), I don't know why you would.

but, if by "communication of thoughts and ideas" you mean in the topic, then that's a good idea :P you should always have a reason for voting for someone

once the Mafia have majority, they essentially have already won. They can openly come out as Mafiosos in the daytime and sway the lynching vote how they want. Next game, I have some new ideas and whatnot, but for this game, the Innocents cannot let the Mafia get majority

that's why I suggest that the Inspector and the Martyr be more forthcoming this day

I really do not think that the game can afford any more blind lynchings. I think it's about time the inspector came out with who the mafia is. The doc can protect the inspector (crucial that doc remains anonymous) and I am not longer afraid of dying since I am not an inspector (I have not received a PM yet)

Explanation for my behaviour last night: If the mafia attacked me and I was saved, I would be confirmed innocent which would help the innocents. Now it is just as unclear as it was before though. I would urge everyone to wait for the inspector to come out and tell us who the mafia is since we have no fear of GR. Then we do have the problem of someone claiming to be inspector when they are not (and pointing a finger), but let us get all the claims out in the open. If anyone sees a problem with the inspector identifying a mafia for us, let us all know.

Edit: And oh! If the ratio is 4:4 , we might as well stop right now since mafia has won. So if we're continuing, let's assume that the ratio is 3:5 :))

Edited by kingofpain