BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Yoruichi-san

Question

1. Share lease of pastry over front

2. Boring way to go of ate lunch

3. Organic diary of squeal to the support proposal

4. Important from pessimistic pizza to loser of omen of former over also latin gods hug

If they ask "can you put that in plain engish?", show them this post...;P

Look at my signature.

• Answers 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

the national Association of Dyslexics - or an infinite of monkeys and time that will eventually produce the works of shakespear and take over the brainden

In other words - watching this space

the national Association of Dyslexics - or an infinite of monkeys and time that will eventually produce the works of shakespear and take over the brainden
In other words - watching this space

Did you know, someone once actually tried putting a load of monkeys in a room with typewriters, and the most sensible thing they came up with was "Chumbawumba" - hence the name of the band.

As for this teaser - no idea whatsoever.

Did you know, someone once actually tried putting a load of monkeys in a room with typewriters, and the most sensible thing they came up with was "Chumbawumba" - hence the name of the band.

As for this teaser - no idea whatsoever.

Bob newhart

Actually it was "2b or not 2b, that is the gunzenplimk"

Any chance of another hint here? I'm scundered.

You have to figure out the question before you can figure out the answer.

Each is separate from the others.

Hmmm...I hope you guys aren't implying that I'm a monkey...then I would be offended, since I'm actually a rat (at least according to the Chinese zodiac). ;P

Edited by Yoruichi-san

Hmmm...I hope you guys aren't implying that I'm a monkey...then I would be offended, since I'm actually a rat (at least according to the Chinese zodiac). ;P

You have to know the question before you can know the answer.

Each is separate from the others.

Actually I'm a monkey in chinese astrological terms - it was a referal to bob newhart, and american that did sketches like this 35 years ago, including the intoduction of tobaco by Sir walter Raleigh, driving instructor, the bomb disposal patrolman - worth a listen on youtube

Well, I think I've figured out the first part of 1.

1. currant ______

"Shared lease" would be co-rent, or as relating to a pastry --> currant. As to what "pastry over front" means, or any of the other questions, I have no idea.

Well, I think I've figured out the first part of 1.

1. currant ______

"Shared lease" would be co-rent, or as relating to a pastry --> currant. As to what "pastry over front" means, or any of the other questions, I have no idea.

Good! You are starting to think about it the right way (although I'll let you know that "co-rent" was not the term I was going for).

Making correction

1. Share lease of pastry over front

2. Boring way to go of had lunch

3. Organic diary of squeal to the support proposal

4. Important from pessimistic pizza to loser of omen of former over also latin gods hug

If they ask "can you put that in plain engish?", show them this post...;P

Look at my signature.

Whoops, just realized that 2 should be "had lunch", not "ate lunch"...kind of gives away that part ;P

The answer to the first is sqrt(2)/2.

Explanation:

co-sign/cosine of pastry/pi over front/fore/four = sqrt(2)/2

I've haven't managed to figure out the rest yet...

Here's what I have for 3, but I can't quite finish it:

:unsure:

3. Organic/natural diary/log of squeal/EEEE!/e to the support/?? proposal/tender/ten

natural log of e to the ?? 10

The natural log of e is one, but "base" doesn't really seem to make sense for "support" and although "power" would make a mathematical statement, I don't see how that relates to "support."

If the question is: "natural log of e to the power 10," then there are two answers, depending on order of operations. If the 10 operates on e, then the answer is 10, if the 10 operates on the natural log, then the answer is 1.

And if I've misinterpreted the question, then the answer could be any number of things. Maybe someone else can find the justification for the answer.

I think it is 2. Way to go is root. So i'm guessing it is cube root of eight, just because that is the cleanest solution. I'm not sure why boring would be cube though.

Here's what I have for 3, but I can't quite finish it:
:unsure:

3. Organic/natural diary/log of squeal/EEEE!/e to the support/?? proposal/tender/ten

natural log of e to the ?? 10

The natural log of e is one, but "base" doesn't really seem to make sense for "support" and although "power" would make a mathematical statement, I don't see how that relates to "support."

If the question is: "natural log of e to the power 10," then there are two answers, depending on order of operations. If the 10 operates on e, then the answer is 10, if the 10 operates on the natural log, then the answer is 1.

And if I've misinterpreted the question, then the answer could be any number of things. Maybe someone else can find the justification for the answer.

Still not sure about "power,"but if it is correct, then the answer has to be 10. If you look at the original post, the colors of the words indicate groupings, so the 10 applies to the e, not the natural log.

Very clever, Yoruichi-san. B))