BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Yoruichi-san

Question

Okay, the first thing I did after registering in this forum was to read the Important:READ BEFORE POSTING, and I did do a search, but I know I'm not good at searching for variations, but I don't think this hasn't been posted yet...

Afanti is eating watermelon with the King and some courtiers. Among the courtiers is a Duke who is jealous of Afanti's favor with the King and therefore is constantly trying to embarrass Afanti in front of the king. So after eating his slices of watermelon, the Duke covertly pushed his watermelon rinds in front of Afanti. After they are done eating, the Duke points at Afanti's pile of watermelon rinds (which is twice as large as the other guests' piles) and gleefully proclaims "Look at how much Afanti has eaten. He is such a pig!"

Afanti looks at the Duke and calmly gives his reply. The Duke becomes red-faced and is embarrassed in front of the King. Score another one to Afanti!

What was Afanti's reply?

13 answers to this question

WARNING: this spoiler is like russian eggs!

did

Spoiler for --:

he

Spoiler for ---:

say

Spoiler for answer:

how come there are no rinds on the dukes plate?
Edited by skirider

I've enjoyed the king's watermelon, but you have not taken any? (suggesting the watermelon isn't good enough, poison, or something else) if there are not seeds

If there are seeds, something like...You have so many seeds but no rinds on your plate, what a pig to have eaten the rinds.

Yep, basically between all of you, I think you got it...

His reply was "But Duke, you not only ate the watermelon with the rest of us, you ate the rinds as well, so does that not make you the one who is the pig?"

I thought it was clever because while the Duke focuses on the evidence that is there, Afanti focuses on the evidence that is missing, i.e., the missing rinds. :)

This reminds me of something I said when I was little...

We were looking for a flat to buy and we saw this nice place with two balconies. A large one facing the road and the other small one facing the back of the building. Mom said ".... The only bad thing is that we'll have to hang all our nice clothes out front and underwears and such in the back where no one can see it..." and I forwarded this pearl of wisdom "But then wouldn't passers by think we do not wear any underwear?"

Cheers!

--

Vig

We were looking for a flat to buy and we saw this nice place with two balconies. A large one facing the road and the other small one facing the back of the building. Mom said ".... The only bad thing is that we'll have to hang all our nice clothes out front and underwears and such in the back where no one can see it..." and I forwarded this pearl of wisdom "But then wouldn't passers by think we do not wear any underwear?"

Cheers!

--

Vig

is a flat an engish apartment?

Cheers!

--

Vig

Or that you just don't wash them ;)