BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Smuggling sand?

Question

Every day, a cyclist crosses the border between France and Germany carrying a bag. Each day they empty out the bag and all there is in the bag is sand. No matter how much customs officials investigate him, they do not know what he is smuggling. Do you? ?

• Answers 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Assuming the Customs Officals are not fools and check it is the same bag and bike. And they are not concerned about the sand.

I would say he is smuggling nothing.

He puts the sand in the bag as his return trip is down hill and the added weight increases his speed.

Faster home earlier to the pub.

Assuming the Customs Officals are not fools and check it is the same bag and bike. And they are not concerned about the sand.

I would say he is smuggling nothing.

He puts the sand in the bag as his return trip is down hill and the added weight increases his speed.

Faster home earlier to the pub.

Well technically, if he was smuggling the same type of bike or the same type of bag, the customs agents might have a harder time (unless they were spazzes and DNA checked every single bike or something)

My question is why sand? What does he use it for?

Is it to balance a weight? To fill a cavity in the bike which he uses to smuggle an item? Or something else?

I bet on something else...

The story like this states a man witha wheel barrow full of manure crosses from mexico to the United states every day. the border patrol dug through the manure everyday in hopes to find what he is smuggling and they find nothing. Turns out, he is smuggling wheel barrows.

I would have to say he is smuggling Bags. or Bikes. or Pedals on the bike, or shifters, or chains. there is too much information to make a distinuished answer.

BTW: RE:Inotstoopid How do they perform that DNA test on the bike? How many pairs of chromosomes do they have? they could possibly check the serial number, that option might be easier and more cost effective.

Does smuggling bikes / bags make sense? Wouldn't the customs guys noticed if he only had the bike or bag on one direction of his journey?

Is he smuggling himself across? maybe he shouldn't be allowed across the border for some reason but uses the bag of sand as a distraction?

Does smuggling bikes / bags make sense? Wouldn't the customs guys noticed if he only had the bike or bag on one direction of his journey?

Is he smuggling himself across? maybe he shouldn't be allowed across the border for some reason but uses the bag of sand as a distraction?

I originaly heard this as a joke as well. so im guessing it doesnt sound right because you were more meant to be givin the answer rather than this being posed as a question. Maybe worded differently this could be set up to reach only the answer of bicycle. but there are many answers as it is now. he could be smuggling anything on his person.