BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

What goes up a hill with four legs, and comes down with three.

It is not an un-domesticated animal

Nothing, or nobody gets hurt during the loss of the leg

It isn't a dog

:D

You can email answers to Steeler0630@gmail.com if you want, otherwise, I will check this topic maybe tri-weekly

Edited by Steeler0630

9 answers to this question

cricket player?

It is not an un-domesticated animal

Nothing, or nobody gets hurt during the loss of the leg

It isn't a dog

:D

You can email answers to Steeler0630@gmail.com if you want, otherwise, I will check this topic maybe tri-weekly

A camera. On its way up the hill, it's in the photographer's camera bag, along with a tripod. On top of the hill, the photographer puts the camera on the tripod and photographs a horse in the meadow below. When the photographer leaves, he walks back down the hill with the images of the horse on either film or as digital files, and a horse has four legs.

What about a 2 person team on a 3-legged race? They go up with 3 "legs" then after they cross the finish line on top of the hill, they come down on four legs.

Will that work?

The answer is a person. It's a variation of the riddle of the Sphinx and he's using the "Over the Hill" analogy of aging. So you go up a hill on four legs crawling. Near and at the top would be 2 legs (doesn't matter for this riddle) and then down you have the 3 legs because of the cane.

The answer is a person. It's a variation of the riddle of the Sphinx and he's using the "Over the Hill" analogy of aging. So you go up a hill on four legs crawling. Near and at the top would be 2 legs (doesn't matter for this riddle) and then down you have the 3 legs because of the cane.

That's what I was thinking. :D Not sure if it matters or not though... :mellow:

(itachi-san @ Jun 6 2008, 07:43 PM)

Spoiler for "i think i know":

This was a very absurb logical way of looking at it but it is wrong. The answer is not deep or intelligent.

Ooh, I know! A person was going to have a picnic on a hill next to his house and packed four chicken legs. After he ate one it started raining so he went back home.

The riddle says with legs not on legs.

bit curious how nothing gets hurt in your hint

is this the mathmatician and enginer joke or ........

man on crutches loose one of them

No cruches were harmed during the making of this answer

Edited by Lost in space