BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

It's 24. Add the digits of each number (e.g 16, 1+6=7) and all of them equal odd numbers but 24, which equals an even number, 6

Edited by OblicityFaker

Yay, my first post and I think I got it!!

They are the number of letters in each day of the week multiplied by the number of syllables in each word, which makes Wednesday (18) the odd one out as it should be 27!!!

Yay, my first post and I think I got it!!

They are the number of letters in each day of the week multiplied by the number of syllables in each word, which makes Wednesday (18) the odd one out as it should be 27!!!

I like my answer more, because Wednesday is pronounced with 2 syllables, where I live at least

Edit: the dictionary agrees with me too ;)

Edited by itachi-san

I agree with Itachi-san

18 - Saturday is the odd one out because it has 3 syllables, all the other days have only two.

You would have to pronounce Wednesday as Wed-nez-day (phonically) and not Wen-sday.

This coming from my choral (singing) background.

they are the letters of the days of the week multiplied by their number of syllables. Saturday is the odd one b/c it has 3 syllables.

I like my kudos with xtra pb =)

Sorry, you are sharing it so no xtra pb

Edit: the dictionary agrees with me too ;)

I like my answer more, because Wednesday is pronounced with 2 syllables, where I live at least
As do I.

Extra 1/2 kudos if you not what wednesday legs are?

Yep, I guess you are right! Oh well, I was close anyway! I think this just makes me old – I was taught that each word fragment was a syllable no matter how it was pronounced (e.g. itinerary, should be pronounced eye-tin-er-air-ee, but is more commonly pronounced eye-tin-air-ee and voluntary, which should be vol-unt-air-ee but is usually pronounced vol-unt-ree). ;)

Yep, I guess you are right! Oh well, I was close anyway! I think this just makes me old – I was taught that each word fragment was a syllable no matter how it was pronounced (e.g. itinerary, should be pronounced eye-tin-er-air-ee, but is more commonly pronounced eye-tin-air-ee and voluntary, which should be vol-unt-air-ee but is usually pronounced vol-unt-ree). ;)
It's to do with Caxton's printing press and the agreed spelling of words, some of which are Anglo-Saxon and Celtic, Greenwich, Leicester as place names became acepted. English went through a change while it still had germanic, anglosaxon and celtic influence!

they're just right ;)
Wednesday gonna brake? As in ultra thin!

14 is the only one with only 2 factors. All the rest have 4 or more.
No - it's been solved - look back!

Am I the only one a bit confused by this post? I thought voluntary was pronounced with 4 syllables and itinerary with 5. I guess it all depends on where you live. Syllables are based solely on how a word is pronounced.

syllable - one or more written letters or characters representing more or less exactly such an element of speech

Sorry, you are sharing it so no xtra pb

As do I.

Extra 1/2 kudos if you not what wednesday legs are?

One of my favorite restaurant/bars is Buffalo Wild Wings, and they have 50 cent chicken legs on Wednesdays.

I would have to say it is the last 12.... the last number should be 96, pattern is +2 +4 -2 -4 x2 so it should be x4, anyone agree?

That is the pattern I saw as well.