BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Plane

Question

Can someone answer me please? How can he be piloting the plane if he is being pulled by the car?

post-3940-1204641306_thumbjpg

Not a "car" in this instance, but you get the idea. Is there a pilot in the pilot's seat? Probably. Is he actually "piloting" if he's not steering? Dubious, although definition 14 would probably still allow you call it that.

Lots of private planes can fly at around 60-80 miles per hour. A car could easily be going faster than this.

Riddle is too vague for that specific of a "merry go round" answer

My answer is a simple one and also technically correct. "The plane crashed". Note the riddle is written in the past tense so that I could justify myself saying that the plane was not able to overtake the car because it crashed before it could. Unless this is the answer, the puzzle should probably be changed to the present tense.

My answer is a simple one and also technically correct. "The plane crashed". Note the riddle is written in the past tense so that I could justify myself saying that the plane was not able to overtake the car because it crashed before it could. Unless this is the answer, the puzzle should probably be changed to the present tense.

The plane ran out of fuel. Why not?

I have an interesting spin on this one. A plane is also a device used for shaping wood. Since one moves the plane up and down the wood, one must guide, or pilot, the "plane". Standing behind a car and planing wood makes it easy to see why he was never able to overtake the car. :lol:

The merry-go-round answer fails.

To pilot means to guide or control. On a merry-go-round you don't "pilot," you "ride."

try telling that to a four year old - ok a four year old is'nt doing this puzzle, but they think they can

offer your own answer - if it fits, then it's another good answer!