BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Table Top Nightmare 1

Question

This is a common who is who type riddle. These are usually best answered with a grid.

Sitting at a square table are a smuggler, a mafia boss, a bootlegger and a contract killer.

Only two of these men, Mama and Kalia, are genuine criminals. The other two are CID officers posing as criminals.

Mama is sitting opposite the Mafia boss; the junior CID officer is sitting to the left of the smuggler and the senior CID officer is sitting opposite the bootlegger. If the senior officer is not playing the role of a smuggler what is the junior officer disguised as ?

9 answers to this question

I think Junior CID is a Bootlegger, sitting to the left of Mama the smuggler, to the right of Kalia the Mafia boss and opposite the Senior CID man who is playing the Contract killer.

I think Junior CID is a Bootlegger, sitting to the left of Mama the smuggler, to the right of Kalia the Mafia boss and opposite the Senior CID man who is playing the Contract killer.

I agree:

See my simple illustration attached.

tabletop.bmp

Edited by SilverColt

This is a common who is who type riddle. These are usually best answered with a grid.

Sitting at a square table are a smuggler, a mafia boss, a bootlegger and a contract killer.

Only two of these men, Mama and Kalia, are genuine criminals. The other two are CID officers posing as criminals.

Mama is sitting opposite the Mafia boss; the junior CID officer is sitting to the left of the smuggler and the senior CID officer is sitting opposite the bootlegger. If the senior officer is not playing the role of a smuggler what is the junior officer disguised as ?

Junior is Bootlegger .

post-4406-1203387011_thumbjpg

yeah totally agree with this solution.

simply just hypothesize that mama were smuggler or bootlegger or contract killer(not mafia boss since mafia boss is sitting opposite to mama), and then you will be on your way.

I agree with the solution:

The 2 criminals are sitting opposite of each other (mama & kalia)

The CID officers sit opposite of each other

The Senior CID is "contract killer" who must sit across from "bootlegger"

The Junior CID is "bootlegger" who must sit to the left of mama

Mama is the "smuggler"

The "mafia boss" name is kalia

Simple Logic... i love it. B))