BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Brandonb

Question

Sure, it's not April, so I'm not asking for just April fools day jokes you have played. This is a place to confess the stories of the best pranks you have pulled on people. Be they funny, scary, or disgusting. From your own experiences, give the rest of us a few bad ideas that we may play on our friends. Or just some pointers on how to avoid the ones that went wrong! :P

Edited by Brandonb

I pulled a lot of practical jokes over the years, but this is one of my favorites.

Do any of you have an old friend that you've known since grammar school that you know you can't trust and is a bit of a shady character, but he's still part of the old gang, so you still hang out with him? Well, Glen was one of those guys.

I had just gotten out of the Air Force and moved back to my old stompin' grounds in NJ and Glen contacted me. He wanted to catch up on what's new and reminisce about old times over dinner and some drinks. While eating our steaks, he brought up how he still doesn't know what he wants do with himself- blah, blah, blah. I mention how we should go on a vacation and pick up chicks left and right just like the old days. He says, "Dude. I'm broke, I don't have the money for that". "Yeah, I hear ya bro, some day we'll go on a good one".

On the way to hit some of the old bars we used to hang out, I stop at a 7-11 to get some cigarettes and he waits in the car. I get a pack of Marlboro's and a scratch off lottery ticket. As I'm walking out, I take out of my back pocket a fake scratch-off lottery ticket I brought with me. When scratched off, it reveals three $10,000 areas meaning you won $10,000. I hop in the driver's seat, throw him the ticket and wish him good luck. As I'm scratching mine off pretending to be oblivious to any of his reactions, he says out loud, "ten-thousand, ten thousand, te...". Then silence. I say, "eh, got nothin". He exclaims, "nada!", in his usual loud, obnoxious way. As I drive off and pretend not to notice his actions, I change the conversation to what bar we should stop at, all the while noticing in my peripheral vision that he's slipping the ticket in his back pocket.

We get to the bar and immediately after ordering drinks, he has to go to the bathroom. I can picture exactly what he's doing. He's making sure his eyes didn't deceive him while trying to deceive me, and he's checking that there are really three denominations reading $10,000. He comes back to the bar and he's unusually quiet. I say, "what's wrong, man, you're being unusually quiet tonight?" He blows me off and just says he's got a lot on his mind. This is where I put the hook in a little further. "Hey, bro, remember that vacation I mentioned earlier? Well, I'm doin' pretty well and we've been friends a long time. We're goin' on that trip and I'm payin' for it. What are friends for?" I can sense that he has some feelings of guilt about the ticket hiding in his pocket, but of course not enough to fess up.

Some old friends end up coming in and we're all talking in separate groups. I tell a couple of them about what I did and they are laughing hysterically. No one really expected Glen to behave any differently, but they love what's going on all the same. It's at this point that Glen makes another trip to that bathroom. I tell the guys, "How much do you want to bet he's in there reading the back of the ticket this time to check on how he can collect the money?" The back of the ticket says something to the effect of, "Can be claimed at Yo Mama's House!" As he exits the bathroom and notices that we're looking at him smiling, he knows the jig is up and tries to turn the tables. He walks up to me, throws the ticket, and yells, "a@&$^&#!" I yell back, "No, YOU'RE the a%*#$^*!" I go off on him a little bit more and the entire bar is in tears. The scheme could not have worked out more flawlessly. This night was talked about for years.

I remembered one more while I was typing the above. I'll try to make it quick.

I was working in a hospital and one of the x-ray techs, Barry, who worked there for over twenty years passed away. This hospital was so full of gossip by the employees, if one person got a hold of something juicy, everyone who worked there heard about it in no time. I thought it would be a good opportunity to get a little rumor going. When one of the staff said to me, "Hey, did you hear about Barry?" I said, "Yeah, I can't believe what happened to his body". When the young nurse replied back, "What do you mean?", I said, "You didn't hear? Barry lived alone and the mailman that delivered his mail got suspicious when the mail started piling up in his mailbox. He called the police and they forced there way in. Inside they found Barry's half-eaten body. It took them so long to find his body, his dog got so hungry that he had to resort to eating his master." The next day as I was walking through the halls, I hear one girl saying to another, "Did you hear about Barry the x-ray tech? His dog ate him." I couldn't help but do a spit take with my coffee. That one ended up being talked about by every one.

Heck yeah Martini! That's what I'm talkin about! :lol: Get everyone in on the action! LOL, I love the one about Glen, the fake scratch-offs work every time. But I've never heard of one built up so well!

Ok, I have one from an April fools day several years ago.

I was in the 2nd semester at a University, in which I roomed in an all male dormitory. It sucked for obvious reasons, but it had its perks too. Anyways, sometime during the first semester I figured out how to lock a sliding (not the unlockable-from-the-outside turning kind) latch on a bathroom stall from the outside in seconds. I knew what I had to do. I told two of my friends, one of them like Glen, who once it came down to it he bailed on me. The other guy, who was much more truthworthy, stayed up till 5am with me to start the show. It was a weeknight, maybe a Tuesday, so no one stayed up too late. Unfortunately, as soon as we headed out into the halls at 5:00am, the football team started coming out of their rooms for an early practice. So we had to wait until 5:30am.

At this point I was glad to have a lookout, because no one was awake, but it was getting close to the time for the morning runners to wake up. So we started. Four floors, three or four bathrooms per floor, four stalls per bathroom, no elevators. My friend stood at the door as I went inside and locked every stall. We were in and out of most within 30. A few of them had the latches stuck, so we would switch roles and my friend (who was very small in stature) would slide under the door and lock it from the inside. 30minutes later we were done, so now the fun began. We waited till 7:30 for the people with the 8:00 classes to get up to take their traditional morning dumps... What a panic! Yelling, Banging, screaming :lol:

I retreated to the building entrance, where I stood and smoked while listening to my peers exit the building and trying to figure out what the hell was going on. I heard people say that they were sliding under the doors to get in, I heard a fat guy with an injured leg :( say that he went into a panic, and almost $h*t himself when had to go back to his room, grab a crutch, go back to the stall and to try and put it over the top of the door and knock the latch over... and of course, some people would come over and smoke with me, and no less than two guys said "yeah, I just $h*t in the urinal." and one said he did it in the sink! WTF! :o . Strange thing is, of the ones that actually talked about what happened, no one realized that it was April fool's day until I brought it up to a few of them. It was sweet because they all thought that it was just their bathroom that had the problem, except for a few that ran around in a panic and checked the stalls on two different floors. They never did find out who did it, good thing too, because not only was I in the athletic dorm (I would have had my @$$ beaten) but the RD (head of the dorm) was going to have the person who did it suspended from the college. :mellow:

Ok, just in case you were wondering... Take a length of string (about a foot long) and hang it over the knob on the latch. Take the two ends of the string and bend them around the side of the stall door, then close the stall door. Pull both ends of the string to pull the latch over, then let go of one end and pull the other to retrieve the string. *This does not work with the turning latches that have the ability to unlock from the outside.

Edited by Brandonb

One of my best friends and house-mates in college (let's call him Steve) became a bit of a drunk one year. He would come home from drinking, go into the basement and pass out on a regular basis. One time, my other house-mates and myself needed him for something, but he was so passed out that we couldn't even get him up after roughing him up a little. So, I devised a plan to not only cure his alcoholism, but also play a ridiculous joke on him to boot.

The next night he passed out, I filled up a container with water (I brought a couple friends as witnesses, accomplices, and for general laughter and humor purposes) and poured the water all over his crotch. He did not wake of course, and we all had a good laugh (we were probably drunk too, just a normal college-level drunk, unlike Steve who was passed out). So that was it for that night. We all just assumed that he would assume he peed his pants when he awoke in the morning.

This same event happened between 3-5 more times and was funnier each time I did it. Also, each time I would test the limit by pouring more and more water. By the end I poured about a half-gallon on him :D Eventually he stopped getting so drunk and stopped passing out in the basement: mission 1 accomplished.

Then about a month after he had stopped getting so drunk all the time, a bunch of us were barbecuing on my other friend's patio when Steve brought up how he used to get so drunk and was glad that he didn't do that anymore. Eventually the conversation got so close to the truth that I just had to let the cat out of the bag: "Steve, you got Punked!" -I actually said this...: mission 2 accomplished.

He went on to describe how awful it was to think that he had been reduced to an alcoholic who kept peeing himself. Now he was torn between happiness that he hadn't peed himself and pure anger that I had gone so far with a practical joke. Luckily he struck a balance between the 2 and he didn't slug me, but I'm pretty sure he still holds it against me. In retrospect it was a bit dastardly, but it not only helped in the long run, it was wickedly funny

It has always been a tradition for me to get my dad on April Fool's Day. My last year of college, I woke up on April 1st and came up with a brilliant idea. The g/f was over early that morning, and I told her to play along. I called my dad at work (about 7:00 am) and said, "dad, I have great news. Alicia and I have been talking about this, and we wanted to drive up to break the news, but we couldn't wait. Dad - we're having a baby!!" He was speechless, so I kept on (oh, I'm all of a month away from graduating at this point) - "we have both decided to drop out of school so we can get jobs and prepare to raise a family. Isn't it great?!" He starts out silently, "Neal, you've done some stupid things, BUT WHY ARE YOU GOING TO THROW IT AWAY FOR SOME #!@#$" I just said, "geez, all we wanted was support, but if you can't give it, I don't want to talk to you." Hangup.

...6 hours later (after he stewed at work and told all of his work buddies how retarded his son was)...I called him. "Dad, I forgot to mention one thing..." "WHAT??" "HAPPY APRIL FOOL'S!!" "G*D D#!#$% YOU STUPID SON OF A #$!@^ IF YOU EVER PULL THAT #@!% AGAIN I WILL KILL YOU!!"

Woooohahaha.

Very next year, I'm out of college and working in same town as parents. The week of April Fool's, I decide I have to get more elaborate so he won't know it's a prank. April 1st was a Friday, so on Monday I called a single lady he worked with (twice my age) who ballroom danced at the same place I did. I asked if she'd help prank my dad (who is kind of her boss). She was up for it, of course. The premise was we were going to elope. On her end, she was going to have a couple cohorts spread a rumor that she was marrying a younger guy she danced with. My end, I went to parent's house on Tuesday and printed off a map, wrote "wedding chapel" on it, and "accidentally" left it sitting where my dad would see it. Wednesday I went to jewelry store at mall and enlisted the help of the guy working there. I had him call my parent's house looking for me (I knew my dad would be home and answer), and he read a script I wrote - "yes, I'm looking for Neal, may I speak to him? Not there? Well if you could let him know the ring is ready for him to pick up, I'd appreciate it....." Now I figure he's going to start calling me, so I keep my cell phone off for Wednesday night/Thursday. Thursday, my "new wife" asks for Friday off, as well as the next week, as she'll be going to The Bahamas. Thursday I also stopped by the parent's place and left some Bahama travel guides/Expedia travel itineraries in a conspicuous spot. Friday morning, I call dad at work from this lady's cell phone (she met me for breakfast and actually did take half of the day off to be a part of this - I figured calling from her cell phone would be more convincing). "Dad, guess what??" "WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON??" "Great news, Tammy and I are going to Atlanta to get married!! We're also going to the Bahamas next week!!" "neal...neal...ARE YOU SOME KIND OF IDIOT?! WHY IN THE #$!% WOULD YOU MARRY AN OLD WOMAN?? HOW CAN YOU BE SO STUPID?!" "Dad! We're in love, and if you can't handle that, just leave us alone." Hang up...

...about 6 hours later :)

"Dad, one more thing I should have mentioned earlier..." "WHAT THE #%!# IS IT?!" "HAPPY APRIL FOOL'S!!" "!$!@#$!@#$^#%@#%@#%$@#$%@#$%@#%@#%@#%@#%@#%@#$%@#%@#$%$#%%$%@#$%%$*(&*(&)"

He deserved the heart attacks :)

One of the best I heard was a radio show in the Uk that had a mon-fri breakfast show host Chris Tarrant. April !st was on a saturday that year and he did his show as it was a normal friday, people jumping out of bed, running for the shower, checking there alarms and making there way to work with some actually turniing up!

Thankfully i had to work that day anyway, and for some strange reason I had tuned into classc FM for a chill out!

Sorry nothing elaborate to offer!

Oh man! You all are great at pranks! ;) I loved Brandonb and Neal's pranks. hehehe...I can't pull such pranks on my parents...They surely will get heart attacks!

Oh man! You all are great at pranks! ;) I loved Brandonb and Neal's pranks. hehehe...I can't pull such pranks on my parents...They surely will get heart attacks!

I've got a good one you can try. Assuming you can log on to their computer(s), rearrange 1 or 2 icons on their desktop every few days. Then they will click on the area of the screen they are used to and have something different open instead. They will go through a wide variety of feelings (confusion and thinking they've gone insane are the funniest 2) Keep doing this long enough and with the utmost inconspicuousness and it gets really funny.

I've got a good one you can try. Assuming you can log on to their computer(s), rearrange 1 or 2 icons on their desktop every few days. Then they will click on the area of the screen they are used to and have something different open instead. They will go through a wide variety of feelings (confusion and thinking they've gone insane are the funniest 2) Keep doing this long enough and with the utmost inconspicuousness and it gets really funny.

That's quite cool! B)) One problem,my mom isn't comfortable with computers...in fact she doesn't use it.. dad uses comp but I don't think I can fool him cuz he is vigilant. I will try this one on others though ;) Thanks!

That's quite cool! B)) One problem,my mom isn't comfortable with computers...in fact she doesn't use it.. dad uses comp but I don't think I can fool him cuz he is vigilant. I will try this one on others though ;) Thanks!

Hmm I like that idea... y not change the destination of the shortcuts? Same icon, same text, but change the program that opens. It takes more effort, but it would really mess someone up! :P

THIS IS ALL ONE STORY

One time i switched the sugar and salt on my mom.

and she found out by sticking salt on her ceral and eating it.

after that i told her i was done playing jokes on her for the day.

she left the house about 15 minutes later to go to the store to get

some food. while she was gone i went on google and switched

our computer screen background to a picture of a cracked screen.

And i unplugged the mouse and keyboard so it wouldnt work.

when she got home she got on the computer and she noticed it

was "cracked" she asked me what happened and i told her i didnt

know. she tried to move the mouse (it didn't work) and she turned

the screen off and then on. and she yelled "What the hell happened?!?!'

i told her me and my brother got in a fight and broke it on acident.

we got grounded and we went to our room and started laughing.

about 5 minutes later she came in and said "what the hell is so funny?!?!"

and i told her everything.

the look on her face was priceless.

:lol::lol:

thats the best trick i did.

Edited by Thuhchris

One time i switched the sugar and salt on my mom.

and she found out by sticking salt on her ceral and eating it.

after that i told her i was done playing jokes on her for the day.

I think they made a song about you two! by Terry Scott a British comedian

This april fools, I played a prank on my spanish teacher. She comes in late, so i went into her room, put her desk on the opposite side of the room, and stacked all the other desks upside down in the middle of the room. she was soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo mad, but then she laughed after i said i did it. I don't remember what happened after thet, it was such a blurr.

This april fools, I played a prank on my spanish teacher. She comes in late, so i went into her room, put her desk on the opposite side of the room, and stacked all the other desks upside down in the middle of the room. she was soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo mad, but then she laughed after i said i did it. I don't remember what happened after thet, it was such a blurr.

Heh, that reminds me of the time we all put our gum on the teacher's seat in elementary school for April's Fools. He sat for a moment, realized what happened and then literally couldn't get out of the chair without ripping his pants. So he was forced to cut them and never once laughed at the prank... :o

If you have a family member who uses the comp a lot (like me) take a screenshot of your current background with all the folders, put it as the background then put everything on the desktop in a hidden folder and hide it! Its great to see their faces when they try to click on something and can't! :lol:

If you have a family member who uses the comp a lot (like me) take a screenshot of your current background with all the folders, put it as the background then put everything on the desktop in a hidden folder and hide it! Its great to see their faces when they try to click on something and can't! :lol:
I don't know how to take a screen shot. I better not do anything that I can't repair. I have to pull the plugs out now and then. Hoping I can go to dinner soon. Back to my riddle.

I don't know how to take a screen shot. I better not do anything that I can't repair. I have to pull the plugs out now and then. Hoping I can go to dinner soon. Back to my riddle.

There is a key that says "Print Screen" on it that takes a picture of the current screen, which can then be copied and saved.

Ok this was my prank for this year. I usually forget april fool's day so I was soo happy to remember this year.

I go to a dog park each morn with my 3 dogs and sit with a group that I lovingly call "the b*t*h and Moan Club".

I had just had a Bad haircut and was getting ribbed about it all week. So I told one of the ppl that I had decided

to let my hair grow long. Why? She asked.

More ppl are slowly coming over to join us. I tell them I have decided

to leave my partner and go back to dating men. Why? They ask.

I just say that I have been thinking about it a long time and that I just have to do it.

They r buying it.

I then mention that I also have surgery scheduled for the following week. I am going to get breast implants to

"increase my chances of nabbing a male."

Now I am naturally well endowed so I would look like a circus freak if I did that.

They still believe me. I am shocked! What else can I say that is wilder?

When they ask how my girl is going to take it I answer "who cares, scre**w her".

They are shocked.

I finally ask one of the men what day it is. Takes a minute for them to get it.

"Its april first." they reply seriously.

I just smile. Finally they get it.

Edited by crazypainter

My mum had recently bought a whoopy cushion and all through the morning i used it pretending that i had gas. When my mum was eating her breakfast later on i walked up to her and held the whoopy cushion behind my back and squeezed it. She was furious, screamed "YOU PIG" at me. At that point i was scared that i would be punished (dont worry no physical punishments!) so i quickly told her that it was an april fool before she went beserk. The look on her face was priceless when i told her and when she was screaming!

oooh right after I graduated college I went ot work for a blood bank as a component processor on a graveyard shift. We were always bored and already in a prank war with the day shift (who would ALWAYS come in in the morning whining they were tired!! jerks lol) and I got an idea. Ya see we had these HUGE biohazard bags and the main guy on the day shift who was always screwing with us needed to pay so I hid in the bag and my coworkers asked if he could take it out to the bio-waste and when he tried to pick up the bag, with me in it I jumped out. He fell to the ground scrambling to get away meanwhile screaming like a girl.. with the entire lab watching,. B)):lol:

Ok this was my prank for this year. I usually forget april fool's day so I was soo happy to remember this year.

I go to a dog park each morn with my 3 dogs and sit with a group that I lovingly call "the b*t*h and Moan Club".

I had just had a Bad haircut and was getting ribbed about it all week. So I told one of the ppl that I had decided

to let my hair grow long. Why? She asked.

More ppl are slowly coming over to join us. I tell them I have decided

to leave my partner and go back to dating men. Why? They ask.

I just say that I have been thinking about it a long time and that I just have to do it.

They r buying it.

I then mention that I also have surgery scheduled for the following week. I am going to get breast implants to

"increase my chances of nabbing a male."

Now I am naturally well endowed so I would look like a circus freak if I did that.

They still believe me. I am shocked! What else can I say that is wilder?

When they ask how my girl is going to take it I answer "who cares, scre**w her".

They are shocked.

I finally ask one of the men what day it is. Takes a minute for them to get it.

"Its april first." they reply seriously.

I just smile. Finally they get it.

Heh...people are ridiculously gullible. Echo Park Dog Park?

Haha these are hilarious especially the one about the fake desktop xD

I should try these on my parents one year... and it's gonna be really ironic cause I'm the one they come to for all their computer problems ^_^