Converting to binary :

1,000 = 8 = 2^3

1,000,000,000 = 512 = 2^9

1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 = 16 777 216 = 2^24

100 = 4 = 2^2

1 = 2^0

Maybe

100 000 = 32 = 2^5

You may be seeing double, but it didn't help ;) No dice for ThunderChicken either. Is that name from ATHF Ultra Mega Chicken?

Posted · Report post

is this something to do with a limit on the biggest number allowed, something like the max number of bytes that can be allocated ? as in there is a ceiling on the number of digits?

Posted · Report post

You may be seeing double, but it didn't help ;) No dice for ThunderChicken either. Is that name from ATHF Ultra Mega Chicken?

Lol no I don't even know what you're talking about... I was actually doing a summary for a newspaper article one day in school and I happened to come across an article about a new type of Air Force Aircraft, the V-22 Osprey, that somehow got the nickname of Thunderchicken and I liked it so I stuck with it. B))

Posted (edited) · Report post

as easy as ABC

thousAnd

Billion

oCtillion

hunDred

onE

Five

Another bad conclusion perhaps!

edit to add

four - whoops

Edited by Lost in space

Posted · Report post

Another bad conclusion perhaps!

edit to add

four - whoops

as easy as ABC

thousAnd

Billion

oCtillion

hunDred

onE

Five

You got it! I was ready to type something really sarcastic until I read your second spoiler B)) Well done.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Just when I thought you had entered the realm of math for this forum - Don't tell duh puck! he has probably given his rectum a headache and his computer too!

Was looking forward to a heavy equation made simple, and only added my answer cos it crossed my mind - believe it or not I'm a little disappointed. No pleasing some people is there!

edit to add, there ia a US and UK difference where you get to 1 million/billion only three zeros - but they are nothing to worry about!

Edited by Lost in space

Posted · Report post

Just when I thought you had entered the realm of math for this forum - Don't tell duh puck! he has probably given his rectum a headache and his computer too!

Was looking forward to a heavy equation made simple, and only added my answer cos it crossed my mind - believe it or not I'm a little disappointed. No pleasing some people is there!

edit to add, there ia a US and UK difference where you get to 1 million/billion only three zeros - but they are nothing to worry about!

Here's a math puzzle for you. They are few and far between with me I agree, maybe because math was one of my majors, if that makes any sense. It does to me at least. English was the other one, so I kind of bounce back and forth between both interests. Lately, I've had a poetry and prose kind of mind. 6 months on off maybe, who knows?? Couple of nice plays on words in this thread LIS. Forgotten gets an e-high-five!

Posted · Report post

Here's a math puzzle for you. They are few and far between with me I agree, maybe because math was one of my majors, if that makes any sense. It does to me at least. English was the other one, so I kind of bounce back and forth between both interests. Lately, I've had a poetry and prose kind of mind. 6 months on off maybe, who knows?? Couple of nice plays on words in this thread LIS. Forgotten gets an e-high-five!
Actually i posted on that and made an idiot of myself but realised after I posted and lost edit time - i still think about that one and i go red still too! Don't love the math at the mo, especially as i don't get enough concentration time - but today has been an exception! Do understand the need for a difference - rather than a busmans holiday!