BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

grey cells

Question

9 answers to this question

Is the first digit from the right or left? Is it the actual first digit read, or the ones digit? Just need clarification.

I think, if the number is abcdefgh, then a represents the number of zeros, b represents the number of twos etc. until h represents how many sevens are there in this number abcdefgh. :)

Wow that's actually pretty hard now that I thought about it for a while...

I agree with = W = say if you have zero 0s, when you put 0 as the first digit does it count as an actual 0?

Quick work , =W=. :D 8 kudos to you. ;)

Curious to know what method you used to find the answer . I got the same answer using trial-and-error method. :)

Well, I used the same method. I guessed there must be some zeros, so I put 5 on the first place (just to start somewhere), then got 1 to be on the fives place (sixth digit), realized that there must be at least two ones, so wrote 2 on the second place and 1 on the third place... counted zeros, found only four of them, so corrected the first digit from 5 to 4 and wrote the 1 on the fifth place (where the number of fours is) and 0 on the sixth place (as there were no fives in this number any more).

Sorry for my bad English. :blush:

Well, I used the same method. I guessed there must be some zeros, so I put 5 on the first place (just to start somewhere), then got 1 to be on the fives place (sixth digit), realized that there must be at least two ones, so wrote 2 on the second place and 1 on the third place... counted zeros, found only four of them, so corrected the first digit from 5 to 4 and wrote the 1 on the fifth place (where the number of fours is) and 0 on the sixth place (as there were no fives in this number any more).

Sorry for my bad English. :blush:

Yep . I too solved it in the same way. ;) Hey your english is as good as mine , then maybe I should be blushing too. :blush: