BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

EXPERT TEST - Please read all instructions before starting

Question

Please have at least 15 posts before taking this test:

Print this page out on a sheet of paper before taking this test.

This is a test to determine how well you are able to follow directions. Accuracy is more important than speed; you will have all the time you need to complete the test. Before beginning, read the test through once carefully to make sure you understand all the directions.

1. In the first paragraph of this test, circle every word beginning with the letter A.

2. Underline two nouns in direction 1 of this test.

3. Count and write down the number of three-letter words in directions 2, 5, and 6.

4. Cross out all the commas in the first ten lines of this test.

5. Fill in the center of all the O’s in the third line of the first paragraph of this test.

6. Do not follow any of the first five numbered directions. Do not make any mark on this paper.

I have seen this test before. Credit goes to a website I can not remember for these questiosns.

16 answers to this question

it's amazing how many people would go through the trouble of taking this test, beause they don't read the very first instruction, which was to read the whole thing through

I've seen it in a book, well it's a teensy bit different:

It doesn't say "before starting" in the title and it doesn't have the last line. So, if you did the test, you should have just read the instructions and not done anything. I like evil tests like these

my seccond grade teacher once gave us a test like this. i was the only one who passed, everone els was trying to balance on thier heads and lick thier elbo's while i just sat at my desk

I had the test in fourth grade (so many years ago - oh how I wish I was still.....).

The 35th instruction or somthing like that was "yell out 'I am the king of directions' "

.......I think 95% of our class failed (excluding me).

I heard of a real test like this given in a physical science class. The instructions were to read ALL questions before beginning the multi-page test. Every other question (the even questions) was either extremely difficult, or was a type of exercise (do 10 jumping jacks, 10 pushups, etc) and the teacher made notes of who did what. The last (odd) question was to only answer the odd questions. Most students read through the first page, but not beyond.

This was done later, but students had learned to look at the end of the test, so the instructions to only do the odd questions was inserted into the middle of the test.

I had a law proffesuer pull that one on me, he assigned a seen essay, which is when you are given the question before hand, prepare an answer and then write it out in the exam no notes or anything it tests your research and memory. only on the page handed out three weeks before the exam in vey fine print on the bottom, it said DO NOT ATTEND THIS EXAM wait outside afterwards and hand me your assignment. so exam time came i went and got a coffee with my friends. my classmates were shocked i wasn't there. when the results were read out i was the only one that passed, the topic was contract law moral always read the fine print

I remember back in fourth grade, in a class of about thirty or forty students, we got a test like this. I sat there quietly on my desk and exchanged knowing glances with my teacher, trying to supress giggles, while my classmates jumped ontop of their desks and made chicken noises. As each one got to the end, i heard them gasp one by one and i had to to laugh.

Yes, a very nice test, and I also did one of these towards the end of my first grade year. It was a little more clever than this one, though, because this one FORCES you to read the directions. The one I took (yes, took) had a nice paragraph of directions followed by a good 20 multiple choice questions. Yes, a few dorks in our class actually read the directions that ended with something like "do not do anything but write your name on this test," but no way am I going to read instructions on how to take a multiple choice test!! Was a good lesson, one that I should have learned, but to this day I still don't listen :)

Even better, I'd say that upon graduation of college I earned a total of 180 credits (~24 hours/semester). BUT, each semester, I figure I went to class a total of 4 times per class (assuming 3 tests - first day to get the syllabus, other three to take the tests - except psychology and other basic classes - girls were better looking in those classes :) )