BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

Two Bumps are passing by the Baptist church and one stops:

"They say, that any new member gets 50$. God knows, I need them badly, look

at my pants. We could also buy some drink. Wait here.".

The other Bump is waiting and waiting...

In 30min, the first one is back with a wet forehead.

"Did you get any money?", asks the other one.

"You nonreligious siners! All you care about, is money!"

Edited by boen

10 answers to this question

The joke doesn't make sense unless you're aware that Bumps represent an ethnic group that are stereotyped as being cheap and "only caring about money". The last line should also be ""You Bumps! All you care about is money!"

the grammar/spelling stuff fixed:

Two Bumps are passing by the Baptist church and one stops and says:

"They say that any new member gets $50. God knows, I need it badly, look at my pants. We could also buy some drinks. Wait here."

The other Bump waits and waits...

After 30 minutes, the first one comes back with a wet forehead.

"Did you get any money?" asks the other one.

"You nonreligious sinner! You Bump! All you care about is money!"

Edited by unreality

The joke doesn't make sense unless you're aware that Bumps represent an ethnic group that are stereotyped as being cheap and "only caring about money". The last line should also be ""You Bumps! All you care about is money!"

Yes, Bumps are an ethnic group, but I don't agree with stereotyping them as cheap and

"onlymoneycareabout", at least not all of them. I can say this, 'cause of my

profession, I hade a chance to meet a few and all of them are not as you've described or should

I say, only few of them could be as you've described.

This is like some musicians offten say, that drumers are dum, or most people

think, that guys with long hair and tatoos are junkies ... I do not agree with that eather.

The point of this joke is, that in a very short time he was converted, and the last sentence could

also be "You politicians...", if there were two of them, or "You lawyers...", etc... It could be anyone.

Not intended to be offensive!

Edited by boen

the grammar/spelling stuff fixed:

Two Bumps are passing by the Baptist church and one stops and says:

"They say that any new member gets $50. God knows, I need it badly, look at my pants. We could also buy some drinks. Wait here."

The other Bump waits and waits...

After 30 minutes, the first one comes back with a wet forehead.

"Did you get any money?" asks the other one.

"You nonreligious sinner! You Bump! All you care about is money!"

Thank you "unreality" for fixing my grammar/spelling stuf. English is one of four languages that I speak and it's not my primery.

I hope I've done this right...

With kind regards, thank you.

B.

PS: carry on reading this Forum's replys and you'l see, that there is a lot of work to do for you.

Yes, Bumps are an ethnic group, but I don't agree with stereotyping them as cheap and

"onlymoneycareabout", at least not all of them. I can say this, 'cause of my

profession, I hade a chance to meet a few and all of them are not as you've described or should

I say, only few of them could be as you've described.

Careful. I never agreed that any group deserves to be stereotyped as cheap and I never described them as being that way. What I said was that the one reading the joke must be aware that Bumps represent a group "that are stereotyped as being cheap and "only caring about money". YOU are the one who told the joke here; I'm the one who explained it.

The point of this joke is, that in a very short time he was converted, and the last sentence could

also be "You politicians...", if there were two of them, or "You lawyers...", etc... It could be anyone!

It doesn't work with any group, as is evident from the first couple of responses. The point of the joke is that one of the guys who is from a particular religious group stereotyped as being cheap, goes to a church to change his religion for money. After being converted and having his friend ask him if he got the money, he not only adopted the new religion, but adopted agreeing with the stereotype that all Bumps care about is money. Like most ethnic jokes, it doesn't work unless the one hearing the joke is aware of the stereotype the group in the joke is associated with.

Careful. I never agreed that any group deserves to be stereotyped as cheap and I never described them as being that way. What I said was that the one reading the joke must be aware that Bumps represent a group "that are stereotyped as being cheap and "only caring about money". YOU are the one who told the joke here; I'm the one who explained it.

It doesn't work with any group, as is evident from the first couple of responses. The point of the joke is that one of the guys who is from a particular religious group stereotyped as being cheap, goes to a church to change his religion for money. After being converted and having his friend ask him if he got the money, he not only adopted the new religion, but adopted agreeing with the stereotype that all Bumps care about is money. Like most ethnic jokes, it doesn't work unless the one hearing the joke is aware of the stereotype the group in the joke is associated with.

Sorry, that kind of religious people are seeing all non religious people as "onlymoneycareabout". That is the point of this joke, and also that he is being converted. So far, this joke was taken wery well and I've never had to plead it...

I'm sorry! I will avoid this kind of jokes in the future. :wacko: