BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

By Law?

Question

A rooster is sitting on the diagonal roof of Bob's house. If it lays an egg and it rolls to the right (westward), it lands in Bob's property. But if it rolls to the left (eastward), it will be on Sam's property. If it goes eastward who gets to keep the egg?

the following may help you

Under the law, California Penal Code section 459, burglary is committed when entering a building with the specific intent to steal something or commit a felony. All the state needs to prove is that you had the intent to steal something or commit a felony when entering a building. The prosecution does not have to prove that you actually stole something or committed a felony.

For example, you could be found guilty of burglary for entering a building with the intent of vandalizing it. You could also be found guilty of burglary even if there was no evidence of stolen property IF the state can prove you had the intent to steal something when you entered the building.

There are two types of burglary under California law:

* First degree burglary, which is always a felony and a strike; and

* Second degree burglary, which can be charged as a misdemeanor or a felony and is not a strike.

A rooster is sitting on the diagonal roof of Bob's house. If it lays an egg and it rolls to the right (westward), it lands in Bob's property. But if it rolls to the left (eastward), it will be on Sam's property. If it goes eastward who gets to keep the egg?

for one, rooster's don't lay eggs so no one would get it and it would be Bob's if it was real

1. Do they have chickens in California? I've never been there.

2. Roosters do not lay eggs.

3. If the egg fell from a roof, not even all the guvner's horses and men could put it back together.

4. The egg would belong to the owner of the chicken. It would have to remain on the neighbor's property for a while to become his. (Think about leaving a wallet at a friend's house. He doesn't own it.)

5. If the rooster did lay an egg in California, and dropped it off the roof. He would either sue the neighbor for having ground that was too hard or be plucked, tarred, and refeathered for getting an abortion.

#5 is the best response to this riddle i have ever heard!!! LMAO, im from california and I know how sue-happy they are

First, as many people have stated before me, roosters don't lay eggs.

Second, if roosters COULD lay eggs, and it rolled off the roof, the momentum would end up causing the egg to break.

Third, if the egg doesn't break, it would be whoever finds it first - it dosn't HAVE to be Sam. The California Penal Code section 459 dosn't state anything about finding an egg whole in someone elses garden and taking it is stealing.

And fourth, if roosters were owning both houses, and the rooster who layed the egg was NOT Sams, and the egg broke, and it was in California, the rooster who layed the would sue Sam the Rooster for murder by having so hard ground that the poor baby died when the egg broke. And he would possibly win too.

First roosters doesn't lays eggs and second most likly the egg wiil break when it fall down fro the roof.

A rooster doesn't lay eggs...a hen does!

Sy dane heart fery to the time unlitumus.Harty cracks thru me,undo the unlitumus curse,sy me dahne,make me tyiming nartyy u say unto lartyuis. If you can figure this out,you probably know how to speak danish.

"A rooster is sitting on the diagonal roof of Bob's house. If it lays an egg and it rolls to the right (westward), it lands in Bob's property. But if it rolls to the left (eastward), it will be on Sam's property. If it goes eastward who gets to keep the egg?"

First, we must assume a couple of givens here as there can, and will be, ten thousand posts if we don't.

A. This rooster lays eggs. Through whatever freak of nature or magic, it does.

B. The egg can survive a fall intact. One in a billion fluke, or magic (again), it is whole when it hits the ground.

If we apply those points to the real world, the egg belongs to the owner of the rooster, whether it is Bob, Sam, or some lady thirty miles away whose rooster decided to take an afternoon flight. Animals do not fall under the same guidelines as people, they are property. If a cow had a calf that wandered into the neighbor's yard, the cow owner still retains rights to the calf.

Who said it was the egg that rolled off the roof, maybe it was the rooster? The egg would still be on the roof. So the egg being on Bobs roof would infact belong to Bob.

Edited by TJ.214

wouldn't the egg belong to the rooster, if for some reason it could lay eggs that can survive that high of a drop. Nowhere in the riddle does it say that the rooster is Bob's or Sam's. So in this case it should belong to the rooster.

This is an awsome one! :lol:

Admit it, we all got tricked by one or more of these:

1. Roosters do not lay eggs.

2. Diagonal roof going which way?

3. Whose rooster is it?

4. Egg will break anyway.

5. Is this crazy fowl even in California?

6. Does the egg roll or the rooster?

7. Which came first, the rooster or the egg? (the rooster did. read genesis)

I'm still trying to figure out how the rooster got on the roof? They can't fly so I say the hell with the egg, I want this flying rooster. That is of course the egg isn't a golden one. Then it would be the Gander that laid the golden egg. Also, Frank Zappa isn't dead, his alias is akaslickster, I saw him several pages back. Now I'm going to bet on a chicken fight........