BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

My first stab at a riddle. I searched the forums and didn't find anything similar, so here goes:

There are two brothers, Matt and Chris. They are identical twins. Matt was born exactly 192 seconds before Chris.

Unfortunately for the two brothers, they are seperated for their 21st birthdays. Matt is in California, and Chris is in Indiana.

On their 21st birthday, Matt is in an empty field (in California) smoking a cigarette while thinking about his twin brother Chris. At that exact same moment, Chris is in an empty field (in Indiana) smoking while frantically calling for help.

Why would Chris be calling for help?

8 answers to this question

He caught himself on fire. It says Chris was smoking whereas Matt was smoking a cigarette.

:lol:

I had a feeling this would be too easy. :huh: I tried throwing in a bunch of meaningless details, but seems like my riddle didn't even last 20 minutes on this forum. B))

There is a lot of useless information the way I read it, I believe the brother who is NOT smoking a cigarette is on fire and smoking, that's why hes calling for help.

Later!

I also would be calling for help if I was smoking, it didn't say he was smoking a cigarette just that he was smoking. If that is the answer I like how there was all that useless info. about 192 seconds and the two states, trying to throw us off the trial.