BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Open polygon

rookie1ja

Open polygon - Back to the Cool Math Games

Connect all 9 dots with 4 straight lines without lifting the pencil off the paper, and without going over the same line twice.

post-2-1175265189_thumbgif

This old topic is locked since it was answered many times. You can check solution in the Spoiler below.

Pls visit New Puzzles section to see always fresh brain teasers.

Open Polygon - solution

post-2-1175265341_thumbgif

• 2 months later...

I apologise if thats not clear ...thts bcoz i dont know how to draw it in this editor...

But to describe it in words, draw a line joining the pts at the left side of the array of points and then another one joining the last row......now extend the two lines a little. Now draw another line from here thru the 2nd and sixth point... The last one id drawn as a diagonal to the square formed by the array of dots...

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

00 0

0 0 0

0 0 0

0 0 0

4 5 6

0 0 0

0 0

0 0 0

0 0 0

7 8 9

0 0

0 0

0 0

0 0

sorry about the diagram,did the best I could! anyway start at 1 draw a line thru 2 and 3 going past 3 far enough

to draw a 45 degree line thru 6 and eight extending past 8 to line up 7,4 and 1.draw a line thru 7,4,and 1.

now 45 deg. thru 1,5 and 9.

Had to do this for 5th grade math extra credit way back when,only you couldn't lift pencil from paper. :)

• 1 month later...

this is a fun puzzle but the version i did 2 or 3 years ago was that i couldnt lift the pencil from the paper and i had to connect all the dots with 4 lines

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Open polygon - Back to the Logic Puzzles

Connect all 9 dots with 4 straight lines without lifting the pencil off the paper, and without going over the same line twice.

post-2-1175265189_thumbgif

Open Polygon - solution

post-2-1175265341_thumbgif

Wasnt one of your requirements not to go over the same line twice? Even though thats the solution ive seen and have, line 4 croses over line 3.