BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Nikyma

Question

15 answers to this question

Every week a woman goes to the local library. If she sees a book that looks interesting, she immediately turns to page 78 before deciding whether or not to borrow the book. Why?

Oh, I've seen this one before too! I just can't remember it. I think it has something to do with her husband...I think he dog-ears the corners on the 78th page if he liked the book. It's frustrating because I can remember reading it but I can't remember if that's the answer.

Oh, I've seen this one before too! I just can't remember it. I think it has something to do with her husband...I think he dog-ears the corners on the 78th page if he liked the book. It's frustrating because I can remember reading it but I can't remember if that's the answer.

[spoiler=Close enough. :D ]Her husband puts a pencil mark on page 78 of the books that he's read before she returns them. This way, she never gets the same book twice.

Ok, why not just REMEMBER what book has already been read?? I remember every book I have read over the course of MY ENTIRE LIFE!! Granted, it's only a total of 7 books, and maybe none of these "books" have very many words, still, I remember each very well :D

Ok, why not just REMEMBER what book has already been read?? I remember every book I have read over the course of MY ENTIRE LIFE!! Granted, it's only a total of 7 books, and maybe none of these "books" have very many words, still, I remember each very well :D

Im betting not many had a page #78 either. ;):lol::D

[spoiler=Close enough. :D ]Her husband puts a pencil mark on page 78 of the books that he's read before she returns them. This way, she never gets the same book twice.

Well, if she can't remember the title, chances are she can't remember the contents, so she might as well read it again or check into a nursing home due to Alzheimer's.

Well, if she can't remember the title, chances are she can't remember the contents, so she might as well read it again or check into a nursing home due to Alzheimer's.

What's not mentioned is

read the book, she gets them for her husband - he can not go to the library

Can anyone say why it is page 78 though?

Why her husband? That only makes sense to me if she's borrowing books for her husband to read.

Page 78 is, I'd say, just a "convention" they have. Could also be page 53, for that matter.