BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

My political belif is a little bit anarchist. I belive that if there were never any rules or laws to start with, no one would have the thrill of breaking the law because there would be no laws to start with. Therefore people would do less bad things because there is no risk of adrenaline rush or thrill.

Another one of my belifs is that IF everyone was good-hearted, then we wouldn't need any laws because nobody wouldn't break them. (I know this is impossible, but it's just my thoughts).

3 answers to this question

I agree with the last paragraph.

But in real life, with no rules, people would do bad and irresponsible things. Without the fear of being arrested, being sued, and other consequences with law, people would kill each other more, steal and cheat more, and other things. While one reason people do bad things is a "thrill", most of the time it's because they're getting something they want. It's the only reason I don't walk into BEst Buy and take a 50" plasma flat screen TV. :lol:

So, when actions would be unfair, or against the public good, laws are put in place to discourage some people and make them think twice.

Read up on Lawrence Kohlberg and his stages of moral development. It's very interesting, and germaine to this discussion.

My political belif is a little bit anarchist. I belive that if there were never any rules or laws to start with, no one would have the thrill of breaking the law because there would be no laws to start with. Therefore people would do less bad things because there is no risk of adrenaline rush or thrill.

Another one of my belifs is that IF everyone was good-hearted, then we wouldn't need any laws because nobody wouldn't break them. (I know this is impossible, but it's just my thoughts).

Giterdone, check out freedomainradio.com and check out some of the podcasts. They are by a "anarchist philosopher" named Stefan Molyneux. Sure some of his ideas are based in that same fairytale land where everyone is moral, but there are also many ideas that could be applicable to the real world if implemented correctly. There are years worth of podcasts on there, and they are all titled so pick out something that sounds interesting to you. I recommend you start in the less than 300 range.

Though after listening to several of them, I can kinda sum up the whole anarchist thing. Many of the programs that government has set up are actually making things much much much much much worse, that they actually made problems bigger and deeper. Then they have taken things that were initially very good, they bureaucratized them, and made them horrible abominations. Then again, a few government programs have helped, namely -the entire reason that government was created in the first place- law creation and enforcement. When it comes down to relying on the moral fortitude of the masses, it just cannot be done. There must be law enforcement. That doesn't just mean police, it means the enforcement of the law on most levels. Though again, another abomination is that people are being taught that they must wait for the police to show up in order to solve violent disputes. But that's the reason we have (had) the right to bare arms. This would now bring us to the topic for what is and is not a just law, I think I may start that in a new thread.

Legalisation can mean experimentation - either way it can be observed. Especially if not driven underground. Openness means more accurate figures which means more accurate information for people to make an 'informed' decision.

Guidance, good parenting helps with regards to the second paragraph. Needs to include trust, honesty and basicly humanitarianism!