BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Surgeon

Question

Old and easy but its a fun one-

A man and his son are driving down a road in the rain at night. The father cannot see anything ahead of his car, and slams on his brakes and swerves trying to avoid a ditch. Unfortunately the wet roads caused him to slide and he crashed into another car. The father was killed instantly but the son survived, but was in need of surgery. Paramedics quickly brought the boy into the hospital. The surgeon took a quick look at the boy and said "I cannot perform this surgery" when the rest of the employees asked why, the surgeon said "Because this is my son". How is this possible?

The surgeon was his mother. Just reminding you that most people think of men first when it comes to certain occupations.

23 answers to this question

i would wager that the surgeon is a woman... and not just any woman, but in fact, the boy's mother. (thus, obviously, the boy is her son.) this seems the simplest and most logical answer, no?

...what a craplousy way to find out your husband died...

A man and his son are driving down a road in the rain at night. The father cannot see anything ahead of his car, and slams on his brakes and swerves trying to avoid a ditch. Unfortunately the wet roads caused him to slide and he crashed into another car. The father was killed instantly but the son survived, but was in need of surgery. Paramedics quickly brought the boy into the hospital. The surgeon took a quick look at the boy and said "I cannot perform this surgery" when the rest of the employees asked why, the surgeon said "Because this is my son". How is this possible?

The surgeon was his mother. Just reminding you that most people think of men first when it comes to certain occupations.

The father who died was the boys Godfather or his or his father inlaw and the surgeon is his real father who just realized it

The father who died was the boys Godfather or his or his father inlaw and the surgeon is his real father who just realized it

WRONG!! I have the answer!!!

The son was actualy an orphan and the person driving was actualy was a priest/ aka father. so it was his holy father. They were on there way to church, fyi.

Unfortunatly the priest died.

The surgone was actualy the real father, by blood, who had to abandon his child during medical school because he couldnt afford to raise him.

The mother is a whole other story.

Solution: The surgeon was his mother. Just reminding you that most people think of men first when it comes to certain occupations.

Does it meet then were divorced :rolleyes: ? I was thinking she would be busy with the funeral arrangement stuff, and wouldn't be on duty.

It's even more interesting when you consider the likely match for donor organs

I considered a transplant myself - but thought a bald patch was better than a kidney on my head.

Then again, "how is this possible" that the mother refused to perform the surgery just because it was her son. She was there, he needed surgery... Question makes more sense if she says "omigod! it's my son!!!"

The son was actualy an orphan and the person driving was actualy was a priest/ aka father. so it was his holy father. They were on there way to church, fyi.

The surgone was actualy the real father, by blood, who had to abandon his child during medical school because he couldnt afford to raise him.

nice. i still think that the mother answer was really easy. i didnt even have to think about it

nice. i still think that the mother answer was really easy. i didnt even have to think about it

this is only a riddle b/c people r sexes and dont think of women as sugens