BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Double trouble

Question

Whcih is the only word in the English language that contains three consecutive pairs of double letters.

(by double letters I mean like the 'tt' in letter)

Asnwer 1

Bookkeeper

While speaking of the English Language can you name a 10 letter word that can be spelt using only top row of letters on a QWERTY keyboard.

Answer 2

Typewriter

And last one. Which word in the English language is most often spelt incorrectly?

Answer 3

Incorrectly

In my electricity and magnetism class, we learned about a famous physical law. My professor was excited to tell us that this was the title to this law contained the only word in the English language (that he knew of) that had a triple letter.

A hint: this law states that

fe0654d94b9cbaea831ad3fde7aef4e5.png

Gauss's Law

Maybe you should have told your prof to talk to an elementary school teacher. The possessive of Gauss is Gauss'... no extra "s"

#3 SPELT is a hardy variety of wheat of inferior quality, sometimes grown in mountainous regions. Latin name: Triticum spelta

I'm quite certain it should be "spelled" - maybe spellcheck or Webster's might have helped out there!! :rolleyes:

• Downvote 1

I suppose your teacher had never heard Strauss's symphonies, or observed Moss's modeling career.

Did you know that the longest place name in the UK has 4 consecutive 'l's ... "Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch"

• Downvote 1