BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Barbera

rookie1ja

:) <_< :unsure::unsure:

The second half is what I keep going back to..."my daughters mother" pretending I'm a woman...(not that I've ever done that :)then my daughters mother would be me. I think it's either Mother or Barbera.

This puzzle was submitted by riddler.

Barbera's daughter is my daughter's mother. Who am I to Barbera?

Mother

Grandmother

Daughter

I am Barbera

Great Grand Mother

Great Grand Daughter

Edited by Barron

• 4 weeks later...
The puzzle asks: Who am I to Barbara - NOT who is Barbara to me. Hence the correct answer is ... Daughter. Unless of course I am a male. Then the correct answer is not in the choices listed, it's Son-in-Law.

maybe some1 said this, but, bonanova, it cant be son in law, i think, because it says barbara's _Daughter_ is my daughter's mother, who am i to barbara, there for, if you were male, it would not work because it stated B.'s daughter's daughter's mom. i am pretty sure atleast :blink:

maybe some1 said this, but, bonanova, it cant be son in law, i think, because it says barbara's _Daughter_ is my daughter's mother, who am i to barbara, there for, if you were male, it would not work because it stated B.'s daughter's daughter's mom. i am pretty sure atleast :blink:

No, son-in-law would work if it were a choice.

If Barbara is the mother of my wife, then Barbara's daughter (my wife) is my daughter's mother (assuming my wife and I have a daughter together).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
This puzzle was submitted by riddler.

Mother

Grandmother

Daughter

I am Barbera

Great Grand Mother

Great Grand Daughter

the Answer is daughter since there are no male options

• 2 months later...
If the speaker is female, then you are Barbara's daughter.

not necessarily. you could be her daughter-in-law. nowhere does it say that barbera's daughter was not lesbian. but, assuming that we have to pick from the choices given, the answer is daughter.

• 1 year later...

In the consideration of a possibility, let us take the relationship between bibical characters Lot and Moab:

Lot_______________ Lot's wife

|         |

|_____ Lot's daughter

|

Moab

Lot was both father and grandfather to Moab. Moab's mother was Lot's daughter. but 'Father' is not given as possibility. So, if we must be limited to one of the six, we may exclude this from our list of possible answers. Let us look at another extreme example where incest was not involved, yet all family members are named Barbera (substituted as B in the tree below).

B ___ B B ___ B B ___ B B ___ B B ___ B B ___ B B ___ B B ___ B

|       |       |       |       |       |       |       |   

B _____ B       B _____ B       B _____ B       B ______B

|               |               |               |

B _____________ B               B _____________ B

|                               | 

B ('my daughter') __________________ B

|

B _____________________________________________________

|

B     

All six given - Mother, Grandmother, Daughter, 'I am Barbera', Great Grand Mother, Great Grand Daughter - and many others are possible solutions. But for the six given, the other possible solutions should be excluded. Thus, even given six possible answers, and knowing there is an answer, the puzzle does not provide enough information to be "solvable".

Aside from extreme cases, limited only to the knowns given, we have only Barbera, Barbera's daughter, and I. And, if we are to remain within the limited scope, the only solution that could be derived from the list is Daughter.

Edited by Dej Mar

• 7 months later...

I agree with all the answers which say I am Barbara's daughter.

If Barbra's daughter is my daughter's mother, then what am I to Barbara.

My daughter's mother is me so that means Barbara's daughter is me.

I am Barbara's daughter. :thumbsup:

I really like this puzzle because it is dead simple and it's very like the one my mum told me the other day....

Brother's and sisters I have none, but that man's father is my father's son.

Who is 'that man'? :P

'That man' is your son and you are his father