BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

1. I am taken from a mine, and shut up in a wooden case, from which I am never released, and yet I am used by almost everybody. What am I?

2. There were five men going to church and it started to rain. The four that ran got wet and the one that stood still stayed dry. How?

3. He who has it doesn't tell it. He who takes it doesn't know it. He who knows it doesn't want it. What is it?

4. Who spends the day at the window, goes to the table for meals and hides at night?

5. What goes round and round the wood but never goes into the wood?

6. I have a little house in which I live all alone. It has no doors or windows, and if I want to go out I must break through the wall. What am I?

7. What fastens two people yet touches only one?

Good Luck! :D

19 answers to this question

Had an umbrella

termite?

eskimo?

a ball and chain.

1. I am taken from a mine, and shut up in a wooden case, from which I am never released, and yet I am used by almost everybody. What am I?

2. There were five men going to church and it started to rain. The four that ran got wet and the one that stood still stayed dry. How?

3. He who has it doesn't tell it. He who takes it doesn't know it. He who knows it doesn't want it. What is it?

4. Who spends the day at the window, goes to the table for meals and hides at night?

6. I have a little house in which I live all alone. It has no doors or windows, and if I want to go out I must break through the wall. What am I?

Edited by akaslickster

answers

1. Not sure

2. One of the men carried an umbrella and didn't get soaked while the others dropped thiers while they ran

3. IDK, but I think I've seen this somewhere else on the forum

4. A lonely guy

5. someone who's afraid of the wood

6. A turtle

7. A promise??

1. money

2. He was already under the church

3. knowledge? (i don't think that's right)

4. I DO! lol

5. The handles of a saw. (supposing it's not the forest type of wood)

6. Stephen King? lol

7. Someone's love for you when you don't love them back.

I think that number 6 is

a baby in an egg. and by any chance would number 1 happen to be the thing that's in a pencil? (Graphite)

Edited by frozen_in_fire

1.A pencil(lead)

2.Some dude who died and is inside the coffin

5.Bark

1 You can lead a horse to water but a pencil must be lead

2 - It's not the offin they carry you off in, it's the coffin they carry ya off in (can't remember it too well)

3 - For Gery! aka Calister Flockhart - a boney a PHONEY BUCK

4 - sunlight

5 - xylem, phloem and parenchyma.

6 - Humpty dumpty sat on a wall, Humpty Dumpty had a great fall, all the kings horse and all the kings men had scrambled eggs for breakfast!

7 - May be a wedding ring??? :D