BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

That's too easy,but after missing a long time,only this came to my head:

Two brothers inherited a flock of sheeps.After they sold it,they took for each sheep as many dollars as was the number of the sheeps into the flock.All the money ware into 10$ bills,exept some silver coins(less then 10$).The brothers started to divide the money by putting all of them on the table and each of the brothers started to take one bill 'till the bills finished."It's not fair"-said the smaller brother-"You took the first and the last bill,then you have 10$ more".The bigger agreed and gave him all of the coins,but the smaller wasn't satisfied yet."I'll write you a check,which will equal the money we took"-said the bigger brother.For how much money was the check?

1 answer to this question

any squared number that the last digit is not 0, and the digits preceding it are odd. Such as 36, 196, 256, 576, etc...

Actually, I see now that it is any square of a number ending in 4 or 6, except for 4 itself (16 doesn't allow for the younger brother to take a $10 bill after the older one does)