BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

I've posted a good amount of riddles on the forum, and a lot of these riddles have named unclear or not descriptive enough. People will say that there are too many possible awnsers. The problem is that if I'm any more specific, the awnser will be obvious, and visa versa for if I'm not specific enough.

My other comment is the topic rating system. What I belive is that only mods, vip's, and rookie should be able to rate a riddle to ensure a sutible rating. I've seen horrible riddles with 5-star ratings.

Edited by giterdone

7 answers to this question

I've posted a good amount of riddles on the forum, and a lot of these riddles have named unclear or not descriptive enough. People will say that there are too many possible awnsers. The problem is that if I'm any more specific, the awnser will be obvious, and visa versa for if I'm not specific enough.

My other comment is the topic rating system. What I belive is that only mods, vip's, and rookie should be able to rate a riddle to ensure a sutible rating. I've seen horrible riddles with 5-star ratings.

Rating the riddle is a personal thing at the moment and I have seen some without and answer rated 5*

The answer is not given yet it has a rating, without knowing if it is a fitting answer it can't be rated, basically i'm not bothered about the rating cos it's my enjoyment on a post or riddle and what is good for me is poor for others, sometimes not.

So take away the rating and just enjoy the forum without the ratings allover the place, that's why i think it should come down to leaving only quality comments in the profile and rating answers by posters. Now I think about it more, remove all the excess rating all the way through!

This goes back to what I was saying earlier- you should not be able to vote on your own topic! Seriously, I've seen newbies make topics and then 1 second after the topic is made, before anyone has posted in or even viewed the topic (except for the topic-starter), it suddenly has 5 stars. They vote 5 stars on their own topics

this is easily solved if people are disallowed from voting on their own topics (if that's possible)

if it is, I strongly suggest you do so, rookie :P

1. you can post clear puzzles with clear answers

2. you can rate 5-star puzzles with 1-star and decrease the rating

Some are unrated - it irks me to add a single star, no ratings are better. Enjoy the challenge of a puzzle is enough

This goes back to what I was saying earlier- you should not be able to vote on your own topic! Seriously, I've seen newbies make topics and then 1 second after the topic is made, before anyone has posted in or even viewed the topic (except for the topic-starter), it suddenly has 5 stars. They vote 5 stars on their own topics

I did this the first time I posted a topic . But I was more moderate , adding just 3 stars . :lol:

But seriously , I don't think ANYTHING needs to be done about this .

After the first time I realized that I don't gain anything by rating my own topic . Infact I get a sense of pride when someone else rates my topic highly. :)

Similarly , I am sure that all the newbies , will realize the insignificance if it all and cease from practising it again. :)