BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

What makes it a special Number

Question

The first letter of its english names are in alphebetical order.

now solve this one:

this is a different language --which one?

Tough one. I'm pretty sure it's not Dutch, French, German, Greek, Italian, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, or Spanish, although I'm not certain of alphabetical order for a few of those languages. I was hoping your member profile would give it away, but no such luck. :huh:

now solve this one:

is there a reason 0 is not in it? :huh:

Edited by jesusfreak1024

It is the only integer between 8,549,176,321 & 8,549,176,319. This may sound dumb but it's true.

Well, I think that doesn't make it a special number. Probably, you could say a unique integer number ... the special "thing" shows the number as some property other numbers don't have. From the previous posts, I can see that "The first letter of its english names are in alphebetical order."

My first answer was: The only number that contains all the digits only once that is also divisible by 10. I have seen a lot of other puzzles that have to do with English representation of numbers but this puzzle is not written well to count out the possibility of other reasons for it being unique. I don't think there is any way of changing the wording without giving hints to the answer so I think we should just call it a nice try, but not a real puzzle.

-Will

My first answer was: The only number that contains all the digits only once that is also divisible by 10. I have seen a lot of other puzzles that have to do with English representation of numbers but this puzzle is not written well to count out the possibility of other reasons for it being unique. I don't think there is any way of changing the wording without giving hints to the answer so I think we should just call it a nice try, but not a real puzzle.

-Will

I don't that is correct. 1,234,567,890 contains all digits only once and is also divisible by 10 ... actually the smallest number which fulfills the conditions.

9,876,543,210 is also another number that contains all digits only once and is also divisible by 10 ... the biggest number which fulfills the conditions.

There are a lot of numbers ...

I don't that is correct. 1,234,567,890 contains all digits only once and is also divisible by 10 ... actually the smallest number which fulfills the conditions.

9,876,543,210 is also another number that contains all digits only once and is also divisible by 10 ... the biggest number which fulfills the conditions.

But only 1 delectable number ?

now solve this one:

I'd like to know the solution to this one. It's not French, German, Italian, English or any Slavic language, someone stated that it wasn't Greek or Dutch, I just checked, it's not Hungarian, so I guess it's not Finnish also.

I suppose it's not Indoeuropean at all

Well, it's a linguistic puzzle now, not a logic one, but I'd like to know the answer :)

They are follow alphabetical order:

0=zero

1=one

2=two

3=three

4=four

5=five

6=six

7=seven

8=eight

9=nine

after sorting by alphabet (accending)

eight=8

five=5

four=4

nine=9

one=1

seven=7

six=6

three=3

two=2

zero=0

which become 8,549,176,320 !!

now solve this one:

Wow, that is tough! I found this website with the 200 or so most popular languages and I couldn't find it. I most likely overlooked it though. I was excited when looking at Hungarian, but it fell through. Hawaiian also is kinda close, but didn't hold up either.

I feel dumb... lol. Thank you for the correction... now I'm going to try to solve the other language one.

Because it has the word ONLY.

All of you are going to deep with this I feel.

What makes 8,549,176,320 ONLY one of its kind?

Think of a fighter plane labeled: 8,549,176,320 ONLY

What makes it one of a kind? The fact that there is ONLY one 8,549,176,320 ONLY.

Edited by Talent

I am not sure how to phrase this but it is the only number divisble by all 1-9 digits containing all 0-9 digits.

basically since you can't divide a number by 0 this number can be divided by all digits from 1-9.

I'd like to know the solution to this one. It's not French, German, Italian, English or any Slavic language, someone stated that it wasn't Greek or Dutch, I just checked, it's not Hungarian, so I guess it's not Finnish also.

I suppose it's not Indoeuropean at all

Well, it's a linguistic puzzle now, not a logic one, but I'd like to know the answer :)

It's not Mandarin or Japanese either