BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Marine

rookie1ja

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
The difficulty with wich some people go about trying to solve some of these riddles is more interesting than the riddle itself.

here's the real question,

Could one marine on a ship in the pacific ocean be east of another marine on a ship in the atlantic ocean who would of course be west of the first marine?

and no measuring east west around the planet is not an option.

A marine off the coast of Africa in the Atlantic would be west of one off the coast of Africa in the Pacific. The same for Eurasia since it is less than 180 degrees wide.

Another, more interesting answer is that the Isthmus of Panama forms a kind of an "S" shape so that the Atlantic is to the West and the Pacific is to the East. If you travel from the Pacific to the Atlantic using the Panama Canal you will be traveling roughly NW.

They were just murderd and the corpses were placed in the fashion stated.

As thier souls were leaving thier bodies they could see eachother and the tattered carnage left behind.

And the one on the east was looking west, the west looking east.

Also the ship was docked in a port off of New Jersey.

Nothing says they are on the same ship. My solution is that they are on different ships, one heading south and one heading north. As they pass the mariners will be looking each other in the eye.

• 2 weeks later...

one sailor is on the east side looking across the deck to the west, and sailor two is on the west side looking across the deck to the east. being on opposite sides of the ship they would be in each others view! This riddle is very simple, or maybe I'm just wrong lol

i agree with you :D

:D I like this one. I sent it to my friend at a shipyard to mess with him, it took him about two minutes longer than it took me (about the time I finished reading the riddle). They had their backs to the railings (Port and Starboard) and were facing one another. One looking east the other looking west. :D

This one's easy.

Both men are at the stern which is currently at south side of the ship. One man is standing on the portside which would currently be the West side and he is looking East, while the other is at the starboard side which is East and is looking towards the east. So they can see each other fine because they are both looking in the direction the other is standing and they are at the stern so there isn't much of anything to block their view.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm not sure if that was toward me or not, but I doubt it since I obviously get it. But, you'd be surprised by how many things a LOT of simple things people don't understand on here. A lot of the people on here just read it and think they get it, only to find later that they didn't have the right idea at all. It's quite entertaining though. At least, to someone like me it is. (By "someone like me" I mean someone that likes to pick people apart.)

Wow... what a small world you live in

• 1 month later...
one sailor is on the east side looking across the deck to the west, and sailor two is on the west side looking across the deck to the east. being on opposite sides of the ship they would be in each others view! This riddle is very simple, or maybe I'm just wrong lol

Ok first off Marines and Sailors are two different branches of service. Marines belong to the Marine Corps and the Sailors belong to the Navy. For the two marine to be looking in two different directions but see eachother is simple. the marines are looking across the deck of the ship. so the marine on the left side of the ship is looking towards the right end and the marine on the right end is looking towards the left. To much thinking is going on here. As a Marine in real life it's easy to think that the most complicated answer is correct but all in all it usually isn't.