Think about these

574 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

My last post was the greatest one ever written. This is it's tribute.

A long time ago, me and my brother time here, we was hitchhiking down a long and lonesome webpage. All of a sudden there shined a shiny riddle...in the middle...of the screen, and it read; "Answer like 20 wordplays at once, or I'll eat your soul." Well me and time, we looked at each other and we each said, "Okay." And we wrote the first things that came to our heads, just so happened to be, the post in the world, it was the post in the world.

Of course, this is not the best post in the world. This is just a tribute. You've gotta believe. I wish you were there. Just a matter of opinion.

All Right!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted · Report post

Yeah, so number two is utterly pointless. I mean if you except the mission you lose. end of story. If you don't except the mission then the mission has never taken place so it was never there to complete so you can't really win...

All i have to say is that if i ever get such a stupid mission i swear i'm gonna beat someone down.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted · Report post

7) According to popular theory, you in the car would see the light go forth at the speed of light, but an observer on the ground would see the light pooling in the headlights....

Here's a more interesting question:

i have one spaceship travelling at half the speed of light in one direction, and another going half the speed of light in the opposite direction. They both turn on their headlights. What do they observe? What does someone observe who is not moving observe?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted · Report post

I love these questions they make me smile but we must be careful not to nitpick @ linguistic meaning. thats all I have to say, enjoy the rest of the site

xxx. Keep thinking guys, you keep me entertained between studying for university, when I can watch others think!!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted · Report post

for the last one.

there is technically no way that god can make a stone that he cant pick up. he bends reality to his liking. he could make a stone he could not pick up at the time, but with the ability to change or manipulate anything, he could pick up the rock. so i guess he could make a stone he could not pick up without manipulating, but at the same time he could pick it up with his powers. if it's a test of his true stength, then sure. these things need to specify.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted · Report post

Think about these - Back to the Paradoxes

5. If the temperature this morning is 0 degrees and the Weather Channel says, "it will be twice as cold tomorrow,".... What will the temperature be?

Well, what's the frame of reference here? My guess is that it would be about -15C (if that's what the 0 degrees is in), as somewhere around 15C (really more like 17C) is a comfortable room temperature.

However, the only time you can REALLY make any reference to temperature relative to itself is the Kelvin scale, which no forecaster would ever be using. So there's no paradox there, just bad wording.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted · Report post

Yeah and therefore they'd go at it for eternity, that way both of them will not be proven false. Bullet will keep trying to pierce and armor will keep trying to defend. Kind of like an infinite reaction

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted · Report post

I dissagree with everybody's answer to the twice as cold one. I believe you are supposed to find the temperature where it is perfectly neutral, or temperate, and double the distance the cold temperature is from there. that way, it would be twice as cold, because it would be twice the distance that made it cold.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted · Report post

Let the God Almighty create a stone, which he can not pick up (is not capable of lifting)!

This seems to me to fail as an argument for the doubt about God existence, or as an argument that lead to the conclusion that God do not exist. For, if we accept the premise that God can do everything, then it comes as a quite logical conclusion that among the infinite things (and combination of things God can do) is the fact that God can't create a stone, which he can not pick up. So, instead of considering this as an argument that lead's to the conclusion that God can't do anything (an argument which -in theoretical terms- would doubt God's existence), we are obliged to consider it as an argument that God, INDEED CAN DO EVERYTHING:Yes, one of the infinite things God can do is the fact that God CAN"T CREATE A STONE HE CAN"T PICK UP.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted · Report post

• Let's say there is a bullet which can shoot through any barrier. Let's also say there is an absolutely bullet-proof armor which no object can penetrate. What will happen if such a bullet hits such an armor?

presuming that the bullet will never stop attempting to penetrate the armor, and that the armor will never stop attempting to prevent it, they will spend all of eternity attempting.

• Can a man drown in the fountain of eternal life?

if drinking the water gave him eternal life, then it would be much like the liquid i have seen them put mice in and the mice swim like fish.

• Your mission is not to accept the mission. Do you accept?

Yes i do not accept the mission.

• A girl goes into the past and kills her Grandmother. Since her Grandmother is dead, the girl was never born. If she were never born, she never killed her grandmother.

If she is adopted, or her parent were adopted there is no problem.

• If the temperature this morning is 0 degrees and the Weather Channel says, "it will be twice as cold tomorrow", what will the temperature be?

The weather Channel and the orginal poster are both american.... so -8.8 degrees Celcius

• Answer truthfully (yes or no) to the following question: Will the next word you say be 'no'?

I can say with out doubt "no" cause i am typing.

• What happens if you are in a car going the speed of light and you turn the headlights on?

current flows through the circut.

• I conclude with this challenge:

Let the God Almighty create a stone, which he can not pick up!

If the reason for the creator of the universe who crafts the laws of physics were to have a motivation other than attempting to break the rules of physics, then most assuredly he would not be able to pick it up , not out of power aspects but out of moral issues. Hardly the head game that one would assume for people who believe an eternal living God died on a cross for them.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted · Report post

> * Let's say there is a bullet which can shoot through any barrier. Let's also say there is an absolutely bullet-proof armor which no object can penetrate. What will happen if such a bullet hits such an armor?

At that transition, the bullet-proof armor becomes bullet-proof armor with a bullet encased within it that has not penetrated through but is moving at an infinitely slow, and nonzero, speed.

> * Can a man drown in the fountain of eternal life?

Only if the drowning results in immediate reincarnation to his previous body, which there is a nonzero probability for, likely close to the probability of there BEING a fountain of eternal life.

> * Your mission is not to accept the mission. Do you accept?

A mission requires a nonzero latency to accept or not accept. The mission then becomes an infinite mathematical series of accepting and changing your mind. The limit as time grows large fulfills both.

> * A girl goes into the past and kills her Grandmother. Since her Grandmother is dead, the girl was never born. If she were never born, she never killed her grandmother.

Correct. Their existence continues in parallel universes and halts in a single instantiation of their life plane.

> * If the temperature this morning is 0 degrees and the Weather Channel says, "it will be twice as cold tomorrow", what will the temperature be?

Zero degrees Kelvin means all life stops, therefore there will be no tomorrow by which to measure the truth of the statement. Universally false equals universally true.

> * Answer truthfully (yes or no) to the following question: Will the next word you say be 'no'?

Trick question. Truth has three states: Yes, No, and Cannot be Determined. The correct answer is the third. This problem points out the limitations of digital computers and AI.

> * What happens if you are in a car going the speed of light and you turn the headlights on?

You cease to continue living, as humans emit light and cannot exceed its speed. No measurement of the future is made, and so the outcome is universal false = universal truth.

> * I conclude with this challenge:

Let the God Almighty create a stone, which he can not pick up!

If god exists, then he can create anything. Therefore, he can create the action of pickupnotpickup, which is perfectly legitimate in a 3+x dimensional universe, but more demonstrable in a 4+x universe.

Eric Mumford

Waterford, NY

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted · Report post

Think about these - Back to the Paradoxes

1. Let's say (hypothetically) there is a bullet, which can shoot through any barrier. Let's say there is also an absolutely bullet-proof armour, and nothing gets through it. What will happen, if such bullet hits such armour?

In it's current wording, the question is unanswerable. However, it is in the original wording: What would happen if an unstoppable force met an unmovable object?

The answer is that the unstoppable object would unstoppably deflect.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted · Report post

A great point - what does "stop" mean? Can the bullet reverse its momentum vector in a 3 dimensional xyz paradigm and uphold the given of "unstoppable"...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted · Report post

#4: ? It's not really a paradox, is it? When you think about it, time is a dimension. Dimensions are what we exist in. Right? So wouldn't it make sense that time is a dimension? Otherwise we wouldn't be able to exist in time. If you incorporate that time is a dimension, it's not really possible to twist it. If it was possible to make an alternate time line, then it would make sense that you would make an entirely new universe. You can't just change one little thing and make it into two parts that are the same size- where would the other one go? So she can't make a different time line in which she exists.

Now think about this- a man who brags that he is going to go into the past and stop World War 2. He can't do it, because since the war has already happened, it is set in concrete. If he went into the past to try to stop it, he failed. We know this because we can confirm that the war happened. So if he did go back there to try to stop it, we can tell by the fact that the war was not stopped back then, he must have failed.

So she obviously failed. In fact, it would be impossible to do it. Unless it is discovered that the baby somehow survived, like it was already born, or it was an adopted baby. Killing the grandmother would not change a thing, because it has already happened (the girl killed her grandmother). So the baby knows the grandmother is dead, because when the girl went back to kill her grandmother, she will have already done it. That's a given. If she did it now, then her grandmother was already killed by her. Now back to the paradox part: It's not really a paradox, because it's just a fact that the sentence can't be true. The sentence is a lie. If I just say that, what part of it is a paradox?

If you haven't ever in your life thought about anything I just said, you are probably a very sensible person. It's not smart to think about things like this, because then EVERYONE comes after you trying to disprove your theory with manipulated facts... Don't try to use facts to disprove this, okay? This is just what I think. I'm not trying to make anyone believe anything, just posting my beliefs. To demonstrate this a little better: Say someone came and completely disproved the fact that 1+1=2. Everything you've learned is on top of that, because 1+1=2 is probably the first thing you learned. So you have to remove the things piled on top of that 1+1=2 falsity that you learned before you can get to 1+1=2 itself and remove that. You really can't prove anything about anything, because someone can argue "What if (the facts you used to prove that) aren't true?" and then "What if (the facts you used to prove THAT fact) aren't true?". So since you can't, you can't just throw an idea out the window just because you learned something else first.

(Sorry this is so long.)

If my short story Timewalker ever comes out, it makes you think when you read it...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted · Report post

*shrug* Time can be a dimension if you want it to be. It asks the question, what's a dimension? What coordinate system are you referencing? If you want to graph x, y, z, and time, you can do that. If you want to use an entirely different system to cast your specificity of existence, you can do that to.

The most recent hypothesis about time is that it is a human invention contrived to make sense of our (of course very human) pattern-matching tendencies. Few other beings require pattern matching in their lives... it has been both our survival advantage and our intellectual disadvantage.

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, ...

7 comes next, of course, most would say in any test of this sort. And you'd score correctly, and feel good about your score, and compare it with your friends on Facebook or some such thing. But a shiny score to post on your refrigerator doesn't increase your ability to solve problems.

So, is time a dimension? The question really is, is making time a dimension limiting your solution or adding to your solvable options?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted · Report post

For paradox #7=

(I'm in 8th grade okay, still I've been studying Quantum physics since i was 5) If a car traveled the speed of light and it's headlights were on, the light from the head lights would stay inside the particles which were vibrating fast enough to emit Elelctro-Magnetic Radiation Quanta untill the car slowed down at all, then all the extra Electro-Magnetic energy would be released. And to address the infanite mass problem, aren't electrons a form of mass and energy? If all mass is brought to infinate and electrons mass was brought to infanite and if we assume the energy would be directly related to the mass of the electron, the energy of the car would be brought to infanite allowing the car to maintain it's speed.

--C. Niel DeMencha

(thats a pseodonym, LOOK IT UP and no im not quoting him thats my psedonym)

For all answers to life read Eregon.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted · Report post

For the Bullet and armor question:

Reality would split into six different realities (actully a lot more because one of them can warp or both can warp and if the universe is finite and these objects have set volumes there are only a certain amount of places these objects can warp to. these next four are the ones that don't concern warping.)

reality 1: the barrier becomes penetrable and the bullet passes through.

reality 2: the bullet becomes stoppable and therefor does so.

reality 3: they both lose there powers and "normal" physics set in (equal and oposite reactions).

reality 4: space bends and the bullet passes around.

reality 5: space bends and the barrier moves. (the space moves, not the barrier, it's still holding still in space, but space itself is moving)

reality 6: space bends and they both move.

--C. Niall DeMencha

(That's a psedonym LOOK IT UP, and no i didn't quote him that's my psedonym.)

For all answers to life, read Eregon.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted · Report post

well for the fountain of youth #2....i know it it say YOUTH which means young so you'll stay young. but its not fountain of life. Drowning ion the fountain of youth doesn't mean you can't die young!^__^ shoot it does say eternal life!!!!!!!!

wouldn't it have been simpler just to not comment?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted · Report post

Your mission is not to accept the mission. Do you accept?

No, because by not accepting this mission I am completing the mission itself.

Let the God Almighty create a stone, which he can not pick up!

Even though this is not possible, a reasonable answer would be that the stone can be lifted, just not by someone or thing who cannot lift it.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted · Report post

The last one (8) simply disproves the existence of omnipotence.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted · Report post

I don't think it disproves it, it just shows it is a concept beyond the human mind's grip on reality.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted · Report post

5. If the temperature this morning is 0 degrees and the Weather Channel says, "it will be twice as cold tomorrow,".... What will the temperature be?

The problem everyone is overlooking with this question is that it does not say which measurement of tempreture is used. it simply states that it is " 0 degrees". therefore if it is 0 degrees celsius, then it can it be twice as cold as 0, or twice as cold as 0 farhenheit, or even 0 degrees kelvin. This it what we should think about.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted · Report post

#5

The answer is simple ...0 degrees no matter what it is still 0, no matter what scale u use. 0 is a relivitive degree meaning it is a WHOLE degree it has a + side and a - side ..so the answer is

(-.5 degrees)

TiPPer+YaHoo=OwNeD ;-}

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted · Report post

The last one (8) simply disproves the existence of omnipotence.

You are wrong, You are limiting God to a physical form when you say that. He isn't limited by physical bounds as we are, he could pick up the rock and still not pick it up, also he could just promise never to pick it up, and since he can not lie because that is a sin, he won't and can't pick it up.

-C. Niall DeMentia

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted · Report post

Answer to 1. if the bullet was shot at the vest, simply place it as an object. not a barrier. so it would be able to go through it without having anything to argue with. It neer says the vest was being a barrier to anything.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.