BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

unreality

Question

I have this on The Revival, but I'm making one here cuz there's so many people :P

Basically, this is a forum game where everyone that wants to play must sign up beforehand, and at a certain time I will start, and we are locked in :P

The game is called Mass Battle and the goal is to be the last player standing- you get a big, invisible prize :D

The gameplay is centered around a list of the players and their stats, with each person reposting the stat block after their turn. This is what someone stats are like:

Unreality: GP, atk/def

GP stands for "Game Points", it's sort of like your "health". People can 'damage' you and take away from your GP. When your GP gets to 0 (or below) you are out of the game! Last one standing wins!. GP starts out at 30, for this game (I'm expecting a lot of people)

atk/def are your Attack and Defense stats. They start out as 6/4 and must always total 10

so the starting stats for everyone:

Name: 30 GP, 6/4

so a starting-statblock would look like this:

etc, depending on how many people are playing

Mass Battle game is turn-based... everything happens in "moves". You can move whenever you want, BUT at least TWO people have to go have went before you can move again. In other words, you can't go twice in a row or with one in between, there has to be at least 2 other moves in between before you can take another move.

When you take a turn, there are two things you can do!

* Attack- pick a target, then take your "Attack" stat and subtract your target's "Defense" stat. The remaining number (if above 0) is how much damage you deal to the target. Take the damage away from their GP. If they are now at 0 GP or less, they are out of the game. You can take their name off the stat block

* Rearrange- this is the other thing you can do. You can rearrange your atk/def stats to be any numbers, as long as the two numbers both add up to 10, and are positive. Also, your defense cannot go above 8, so the two extremes you can have are 10/0 and 2/8

after you take your turn, make sure to post the new statblock!!!

So, that's Mass Battle ;D

Phoenix: 30 GP, 6/4

(I'll call myself Phoenix for this game :P)

so, if another person joins, they would post this:

Phoenix: 30 GP, 6/4

TheirName: 30 GP, 6/4

etc

yep ;D any questions about the rules, just post here. Mass Battle can get complicated in later games, when I add Special Moves and other tactical things and all kinds of awesomeness. But for this first game, I'm keeping it simple

• Answers 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Well then as GC took a turn that makes it possible for me to take a turn now :P

att itachi

Puppy : 13 GP , 10/0

Reayman : 15 GP , 2/8

GC : 28 GP , 2/8

but the GC has alerady died so hes off the board leaving...

Puppy : 13 GP , 10/0

Reayman : 15 GP , 2/8

if we take it in alternate turns to att then that leaves...

Puppy: -1 GP, 10/0

Reayman: 1 GP, 2/8

MAKING ME THE VICTOR OF MASS BATTLE 1!!

Oh, come on!

GC's out of the game and last time I checked you couldn't just invite yourself back in!

Plus it wouldn't be your move anyway andreay, since you made the last legal move (attacking me)

That leaves us at

Itachi : 2 GP , 10/0

Puppy : 26 GP , 10/0

reayman : 30 GP , 2/8

and only Itachi can make a move since I went before you. Patience...

whoa... I didn't even know I got added... I thought I started too late... I guess I shoulda checked it out sooner... Let me know when the next one starts... i wanna play! I think I figured out how to do it this time... (4 hits and I was dead!) looks like fun!

as theres 3 of us left its quite boring waiting for Itachi agreed?

why dont we change it so you only have to wait for 1 post now

your move puppy

No point changing the rules until it's necessary. You worried Itachi might go for you?

I'm the main reason he's on 2 GP. By rights he ought to attack me instead. I'll take the chance. This has been going for 5 days now, a few more hours won't hurt.

If itachi goes for you then its game over and ive won

If itachi goes for me you finish off itachi and i att you so i win :D

Who says I'll finish off itachi? When the chips are down you need all the allies you can get.

If you did that I would win. You'd have more chance if you attacked me, nobody knows what Itachi will do. As long as there are 3 players the outcome is undecided. So we really can't end it without Itachi.

Wow there were so many attempts at changing the rules while I was sleeping. Well, sticking to the rules, I guess I don't lose. If I attack either of you, I die. Soooooo. I'm content with 3 winners :P You should have killed me when you had the chance, though I could say the same about myself not killing you 2 when brandon and giterdone were alive. As far as the rules go, I can't be killed because it's my turn now The only way for there to be one winner anyway is if you change the rules... Have fun with that. I'm done for this round of Mass Battle and looking forward to the next one.

Interesting. Nobody can force you to make a move. I wasn't expecting that, I must say. 3 winners, anything else would be pointless farting around with the rules.

Well, it's been special! :D

wow... this forum has been incredibly fast paced... I leave for another two days and WHAM game over! lol

congrats Itachi!

Also someone PMed about how "if their alliance of 3 won with just them 3, they would quit and call it a tie"... I think 'giterdone' sent in- I'm going to address it here, and the answer is no- there's always ONE winner... and yeah, that's also why the rule is usually "every-other" cuz when you get down to the final 4 or 3 or 2 or so, the order stuff gets really important

anyway... due to the limitations on brainden (ie, rules about waiting for posting, and moderators locking stuff, etc), and also the sheer number of people that played, which made it fun, I am going to make the next Mass Battle on The Revival (link in my sig)... the cap limit for players will be 10... if there are more than 10, and upwards of 20, people that want to play, I'll make two simultaneous topics

see you there ;D

edit: specific link is here

wow... this forum has been incredibly fast paced... I leave for another two days and WHAM game over! lol

congrats Itachi!

Also someone PMed about how "if their alliance of 3 won with just them 3, they would quit and call it a tie"... I think 'giterdone' sent in- I'm going to address it here, and the answer is no- there's always ONE winner... and yeah, that's also why the rule is usually "every-other" cuz when you get down to the final 4 or 3 or 2 or so, the order stuff gets really important

anyway... due to the limitations on brainden (ie, rules about waiting for posting, and moderators locking stuff, etc), and also the sheer number of people that played, which made it fun, I am going to make the next Mass Battle on The Revival (link in my sig)... the cap limit for players will be 10... if there are more than 10, and upwards of 20, people that want to play, I'll make two simultaneous topics

see you there ;D

edit: specific link is here

What's the deal? This is a strategic game, why would/could there be a problem? It is finite, it takes planning and strategy. Why sign up for a different web site? I don't want junk e-mail flooding my account. Unlike BD which had a guarantee not to send junk mail, this other website grants nothing of the kind. Forgive me, but I won't be joining the fight outside of brainden unless the moderators say that it's not allowed here.

The specific limitation is this: in BrainDen, there is a rule where you are only allowed to post every 4th post or whatever. I tried to get it amended, to no avail.

So you can join Mass Battle at TR or not, if you don't want to, that's fine :P I promise you you won't get junkmailed or anything rediculous like that

THE END

...?

Out somewhere among the stars, a Celestial known as Bb The Punisher was telepathically watching the events unfold on earth.

“Yes! YES!!! This is the Mayhem I have dreamed of!!!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back on earth, the battle for the very fate of the planet ensued. Super Villains, Super Heroes, and a Mysterious and Powerful Traveler all clashed for dominance.

*Thwip*

*Thwip*

*Thwip*

Phaze, The Incredible Spiderman, swung and sailed through the night sky of the city from his spindly webs.

spiderman2.jpg

In his typical Spiderman monologue, he talked to himself, “This is all getting confusing, I need to clear my head and just watch out for myself tonight.”

Just then, a piercing woman’s scream cried out from an alley below.

“Heh, nothing boosts my spirits like spoiling a good old fashioned mugging. Look lookout wherever you are… HERE I COME!” Spiderphaze dove into the darkness below.

kingpin1.jpg

On the other side of the city, high up in an presidential suite, The Kingpin, also known as Abhisk, was standing with his back to an abnormally large oak desk, facing with his enormous full-length floor-to-ceiling window wall that overlooked the city.

“Poor little Spider will never see it coming…” he thought to himself as he placed his hand against the cool smooth glass.

“What was that?” came a metallic voice from behind him. “What are you planning Kingpin?”

Kinghisk whipped around to see golfjunkie in full battle armor. “How did you get in here?”

ironman4.jpg

“It’s no matter, knowing won’t do you any good.” Ironjunkie joked as an arsenal of mini rocket launchers emerged from his shoulders and took aim at Kinghisk.

“You really think I’m going to tell you? He should know better than to mess with me, I OWN THIS C…”

The explosion that followed blew out the entire floor of the building. Late night office workers from building all around the city could feel the shake, hear the boom, and see the shards of glass that shot out on all directions.

“I must find Spiderphaze before it’s too late!” Ironjunkie thought to himself as he flew out into the night sky in search of his partner.

Back in the alley, a gang of three thugs had begun to surround a young woman backed against a brick wall.

As if descending from heaven, Spiderphaze landed between the Woman and the gang. He turned to face the thugs keeping the woman close to his back.

“Hey dirtbags! Do you wanna do this the easy way? Or the hard way?... PLEASE say the hard way.” SpiderPhaze’s smirk was so big it could be seen through his mask in the darkness of the alley.

“OMG! Spiderman! Thank you!” Screamed the woman.

“Hey, that’s him! The boss said that’s all we needed to do” said one thug.

“Yeah, we done our part for the Kingpin! We don’t need no trouble Spiderman” said another.

“C’mon fellas, lets go get pa…”

Suddenly thug #3 fell to the ground lifeless. A huge burst of energy had cleanly taken off his head!

Spiderphaze’s spider-sense went CRAZY as, in a blink, he watched the other two thugs suffer the same fate.

A bellowing and terrifyingly evil voice boomed from behind him. “Thanks for dropping in Spiderphaze!”

Spiderphaze barely had time to turn around and comprehend the change of the damsel in distress, into the monstrous towering figure of Afoxalpse!

apocalypse4.jpg

The screams that ensued filled the air after the city had just begin to comprehend the explosion of a nearby skyscraper moments earlier.

Flying through the air, Ironjunkie heard the cries of pain “Spiderphaze! Over there!” he thought to himself as he changed course towards the alley.

Seconds later he landed next to Spiderphaze’s body… or at least, what was left of it.

“NOOOOOOOOO!” He cried to the skies.

Then, as he lowered his gaze from the heavens, he realized that he was not alone.

“Golfjunkie, I have come to test you…” A hollow and emotionless voice came out from the darkness.

Checking his various sensors, Ironjunkie could only make out that there was an incredibly powerful presence interfering with his equipment. “Who’s there?”

“To some I am known as the Herald, to others ‘the traveler,’ but I believe you Earthlings have dubbed me ‘The Surfer.’”

silversurfer1.jpg

“Oh…”

Then, as soon as he laid eyes on the omnipresence that was the Silver Truther, Iron Junkie emitted a 1-shot chest energy-blast that he knew would virtually drain his energy resources temporarily. But he knew that’s all he had… 1 shot.

The darkness was vaporized as the energy blast connected squarely with the Silver Truther… No wait, the Truther was shielding himself with the source of his energy, his board!

The board not only shielded the Truther, but it also absorbed the energy.

Now weakened, IronJunkie took a knee. “That is a great improvement on your human technology that you have there. I think it would be best if this did not get into the hands of other of your kind. It could be harmful to my master.”

The Silver Truther then proceeded to telekinetically remove the Arc Reactor from Ironjunkie’s chest. Without it, Ironjunkie could not live.

“Thank you.”

The next morning the sun rose again on the city of New York. Citizens awoke to the news of bodies of Super Heroes in the alleys, and Super Villain guts strewn across rubble.

“So you are all that is left” Bb The Punisher telepathically linked himself to the remaining survivors.

"Afoxalypse, Silver Truther, Prince Mulk, and Ghost Frammer. What do you decide?"

The Silver Truther spoke first “I wish to eliminate Afoxalypse! She bears the most power that rivals my own!”

Next Afoxalypse’s voice BOOMED, “First, I want to take out that meddling Ghost Frammer! I’ll tend to you later Truther…”

Ghost Frammer and Prince Mulk spoke to eachother. “I will die if both of the others vote against me… This could be the most difficult situation we have ever been placed in.” Ghost Frammer said to The Mulk.

Prince Mulk smiled, “Then actually, it’s not that difficult of a decision… Bb……………………………………....

READ EVERYTHING BEFORE YOU PROCEED!

………..Please eliminate Ghost Frammer!”

“WHAT!!!! You have betrayed me!!!” Cried Ghost Framm.

“I’m sorry, but Afoxalypse has made great promises to me. I would be a fool to choose you over him!”

“It is settled!” Bb The Punisher bellowed. “Ghost Frmmer, You will die at sundown!”

“However, in the mean time… what do the rest of you plan to do?”

“I really don’t care to find out” The Truther retorted. “I believe it is time to summon my master…”

In a blink, the great Harold known as the Silver Truther was gone to recruit the assistance of his master.

Giggled Bb the Punisher like a little school girl “WHAT A SHOW!!! I KNEW THERE WAS A REASON THAT I CHOSE TO USE YOU MARVELOUS MUTANTS!”

Afoxalpse and Prince Mulk had secretly allied under the pretence that Afoxalypse would take on the Incredible Mulk as his greatest and most powerful horseman… but that’s another story… to come in, you guessed it, UMM5. The Age of Apocalypse!

Night posts and general game information post coming later :)