BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

10 digit number

Question

17 answers to this question

I'm guessing that there are several solutions to this!?

Here's mine:

There are six 0's two 1's and one 2!

I shouldn't have been so cocky before as I've had to edit this twice already

Here's mine:

I shouldn't have been so cocky before as I've had to edit this twice already

Hey there, I think you still have this one wrong. Your puzzle states: "Can you find a ten digit where the 1st digit equals the number of zeroes, 2nd digit equals number of 1's, third digit equals number of 3's and so on.."

6210001000 does not meet this criteria. "third digit equals number of 3's" Your third digit is a one and so there should be one three in your answer. Or perhaps your question has a typo?

Damn my dyslexia!

It must be a typo, otherwise the etc wouldn't make sence.

Sort it out Skale!!!

my bad.. its a well-known puzzle elsewhere, the 1st digit is number of zero's, 2nd number of one's, 3rd number of two's and so on...

To extend it further, if we were to take the subspace of ten digits, (0,1,2,...9) and start with single digit (cause the only digit has to be number of zero's) no number will fit in. What if two digits are allowed, three and so on....

err.. wrong comperr..

1 in the first place means, there has to be just one 0 in the number

Here's a simple first check you should perform on any number you think might be the solution: Adding all the digits in the number should give you a sum of 10.

for eg, in nick's soulution 6210001000

6+2+1+1 is 10

R

Here's mine:

Hey there, I think you still have this one wrong. Your puzzle states: "Can you find a ten digit where the 1st digit equals the number of zeroes, 2nd digit equals number of 1's, third digit equals number of 3's and so on.."

6210001000 does not meet this criteria. "third digit equals number of 3's" Your third digit is a one and so there should be one three in your answer. Or perhaps your question has a typo?

he said third digit = # of 2s nt 3s

Here's mine:

he said third digit = # of 2s nt 3s

If you took the time to look at the post properly, you'd see that he editted the qustion AFTER I posted that!