BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

itachi-san

Question

I'm starting this thread for anime/animation lovers so we can share and rate awesome animated shows and moments and get ideas for new shows to try out.

Here's my Top 10 all-time Anime list(dramatic, Japanese animation):

1)Fullmetal Alchemist

2)Naruto/ Naruto Shippuuden

3)Death Note

4)Berserk

5)Cowboy Bebop

6)FLCL (fooly cooly)

7)Bleach

8)Neon Genesis Evangelion

9)Code Geass

10)Last Exile

Here's my Top 10 all-time Animation list (comedic, American animation):

1)South Park

2)Simpsons (First 10 seasons at least)

3)Family Guy

4)Futurama

5)Venture Brothers

6)Aqua Teen Hunger Force

7)Space Ghost Coast to Coast

8)Home Movies

9)Metalocalypse

10)12 oz. mouse

• Answers 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

My favorites are (in no particular order)

Death Note

Yu-Gi-Oh

Pokemon

Full Metal Alchemist

DBZ

Case Closed (Detective Conan)

Fruits Basket

I could go on and on XD

Sweet, another Detective Conan fan!

I wish someone would sub more of Kindaichi, though...the first 13 eps and the specials were so good...grrr....

I own all Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, movies, etc...I LOVE that show probably 'cause I am really into video games, martial arts, and anime. If you want to get hooked on Dragon Ball I've got one word for you...Broly. That movie kicked a$$!!!! My first anime was Vampire Hunter D as I am 27 years old and living in the US. Another old school anime series is Fist of the North Star. Only watch the original 1rst season though. The subtitles are hilarious!! LOL

There's this one scene where the first villian to arise is sitting in his pimped out chair and says, "What it is..what it WILL be." If you don't get that then nevermind. Another great anime that is beautifully done, visually anways, is KARAS. A must see. Also Blue Gender series is good, takes a while to get going though. There was another good movie I watched recently but can't remember...I'll post it later when I do.

PS - in case you haven't figured out yet, I am an action junkie...not really into the kiddie anime stuff :D

I own all Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, movies, etc...I LOVE that show probably 'cause I am really into video games, martial arts, and anime. If you want to get hooked on Dragon Ball I've got one word for you...Broly. That movie kicked a$$!!!! My first anime was Vampire Hunter D as I am 27 years old and living in the US. Another old school anime series is Fist of the North Star. Only watch the original 1rst season though. The subtitles are hilarious!! LOL

There's this one scene where the first villian to arise is sitting in his pimped out chair and says, "What it is..what it WILL be." If you don't get that then nevermind. Another great anime that is beautifully done, visually anways, is KARAS. A must see. Also Blue Gender series is good, takes a while to get going though. There was another good movie I watched recently but can't remember...I'll post it later when I do.

PS - in case you haven't figured out yet, I am an action junkie...not really into the kiddie anime stuff :D

well if you're into fighting you should probably check out Naruto. It's awful in english dub though. Berserk should be a must-see for you though. That's probably the best fighting adult anime I can think of. And Kenshin of course, but that's Samurai obviously. Now I have to check out KARAS and Blue Gender. My list keeps growing and I haven't even started Baccano!

seriously though, Berserk is amazing and unbelievably bad@ss

Yeah, I know. I own Berserk too, the outakes are funny as He!!. I would recomend you watch Karas. Blue Gender is OK, but nothing to write home to mom about. As for the other movie, I think it was Full Metal, which has already been listed. And of course we can't leave out Ninja Scroll.

Yeah, I know. I own Berserk too, the outakes are funny as He!!. I would recomend you watch Karas. Blue Gender is OK, but nothing to write home to mom about. As for the other movie, I think it was Full Metal, which has already been listed. And of course we can't leave out Ninja Scroll.

oh yeah, how could I forget about Ninja Scroll? That and Vampire Hunter D both got me into anime in the first place. Basilisk is also pretty sweet and so is the live-action film Shinobi that is based off of it.

I love anime! Death Note is my favorite one. I've seen Fullmetal Alchemist and Cowboy Bebop too and those are great. I haven't seen a lot of the ones mentioned here though. I think I might make a list of them and check some of them out. Thanks!

Y-San got me to watch Baccano! which was really great. It made me think of an anime if it were directed by Quentin Tarantino and set in the 30's. It's not for the squeamish though, like Tarantino also...

I also checked out RahXephon which I'm still watching, but it really isn't sucking me in at all, I wouldn't recommend it. It's like a NGE ripoff and not as good.

Best New anime I've seen is Gurren Lagaan! It's freakin' awesome!

Also, I don't think it's been mentioned in this thread, but Great Teacher Onizuka is easily one of the best animes ever. It should replace something on my top 10 now that I think about it.

Just watched the 1st part of the Death Note movie. I thought it was very entertaining. I haven't seen all of the TV show, so the movie filled in some gaps nicely, however I did notice a few things that were pretty far off.

Blah, Now I have to wait for a month before the 2nd part hits theater. And guess what? The closest theater playing it is 66miles away!

Oh well, guess I'll be waiting for the DVD <_<

"Remember I do not suffer from insanity... I enjoy every single minute of it"

"Also remember that licking doorknobs is illegal on some planets."

"Life is the leading cause of death... Without it, you can't die."

I love this...along with

underneath my clothes I am naked!

My last action on this earth will be to exhale.

Just watched the 1st part of the Death Note movie. I thought it was very entertaining. I haven't seen all of the TV show, so the movie filled in some gaps nicely, however I did notice a few things that were pretty far off.

Blah, Now I have to wait for a month before the 2nd part hits theater. And guess what? The closest theater playing it is 66miles away!

Oh well, guess I'll be waiting for the DVD <_<

My lord Bb, where are you that that would be possible?

I really like Naruto. It's one of the only anime shows i watch but still its pretty good and really gets you into the story line. I havent watched any others but they consist of stupid humor on Adult Swim... me personaly i dont like it, so i dont watch much of anything else.

I'm in the Raleigh NC area... you'd think there would be something around here. The closest theater that I can find is in Virginia!

Virginia, eh. Maybe you should stop by here. Play some brawl! :lol:

As far as the Death Note movie goes...If you were to watch the entire series...You'd notice that the movies are almost completely out of line with the series. There are a few things in line with the series but for the most part it's not.

Edited by Prince_Marth85

I'm watching the entire series of one of the first animes ever, Fist of the North Star...pretty good...got it as a B-day present. Very rare, can't find the actual series hardly anywhere in the states, just the movies which aren't as good.

I can't wait for DBZ and TEKKEN real life movies to come out next year, they better not suck...I'm so tired of everyone saying DBZ is a kid's show. Just watch the first Brolly movie and you will understand. Or maybe I'm just partial 'cause I love martial arts soo much.. :P

I'm watching the entire series of one of the first animes ever, Fist of the North Star...pretty good...got it as a B-day present. Very rare, can't find the actual series hardly anywhere in the states, just the movies which aren't as good.

I can't wait for DBZ and TEKKEN real life movies to come out next year, they better not suck...I'm so tired of everyone saying DBZ is a kid's show. Just watch the first Brolly movie and you will understand. Or maybe I'm just partial 'cause I love martial arts soo much.. :P

Have you SEEN the preview pictures for the DBZ movie. THAT'S NOT FREAKIN PICCOLO!!!! Piccolo is green and has anttenae! The picture of Piccolo for the movie is just...No...Just plain no...

Yeah I know, when they interviewed the actor playing Goku and he said it is a popular kids' show I threw up in my mouth a little...however...seeing his performance in Wanted, I'm not so sure anymore. I just hope they don't make it seem like Power Rangers or something 'cause I will perform a kamahameha wave at the screen da^^it!!!