BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

itachi-san

Question

I'm starting this thread for anime/animation lovers so we can share and rate awesome animated shows and moments and get ideas for new shows to try out.

Here's my Top 10 all-time Anime list(dramatic, Japanese animation):

1)Fullmetal Alchemist

2)Naruto/ Naruto Shippuuden

3)Death Note

4)Berserk

5)Cowboy Bebop

6)FLCL (fooly cooly)

7)Bleach

8)Neon Genesis Evangelion

9)Code Geass

10)Last Exile

Here's my Top 10 all-time Animation list (comedic, American animation):

1)South Park

2)Simpsons (First 10 seasons at least)

3)Family Guy

4)Futurama

5)Venture Brothers

6)Aqua Teen Hunger Force

7)Space Ghost Coast to Coast

8)Home Movies

9)Metalocalypse

10)12 oz. mouse

• Answers 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I'm starting this thread for anime/animation lovers so we can share and rate awesome animated shows and moments and get ideas for new shows to try out

Well i may find my dauhter and nephew on this site - daughter is far more weired and wired tham me x infinity x 10

Oh no - here comes sailor moon!

i kind of like pokemon used to watch it but can't really remember it now

pikachu was so cute though

simpsons kind of started out bad, got better but now is getting worse

some of my friends like the anime Bleach

anime kind of scares me a little though sometimes imop it's a little perturbing

Edited by lemonymelon

I love Futurama. It's my favorite show. In fact, I'm watching it right now. But I've found that a lot of people have never even heard of it. And a lot of those who have heard of it hate it. What's that about?

It comes on Comedy Central, Unreality. If you didn't already know that. At 8 o'clock apparently. Like I said, I was just watching it. There are movies too, if you're interested. A new one just came out. The Beast with a Billion Backs.

I love Futurama, one of the best shows ever. I have a couple seasons on DVD as well as one of the movies. I don't see how people could hate it. My favorite episode(well, part of an episode, really) was when Fry wishes that life was like a video game. That was hilarious. B))

Also, lemonymelon, I agree with you regarding The Simpsons. It was really good in the early and middle seasons, but now it's just terrible. I don't even watch new episodes anymore, and I don't find them very funny.

My favorite is Roswell that Ends Well. ^_^ But I also love the one where Fry gets worms.

Farnsworth's Parabox and the one where they find the fountain of youth (don't remember the name). Beast with a Billion Backs was great (David Cross pwnz)

"I can't swallow this!"

"Then good news! It's a suppository!"

It's not the Fountain of Youth, it's the Fountain of Aging. But that is a great episode. I haven't seen the Beast with a Billion Backs yet. I got it for my brother for his birthday. Five more days and then I can watch it.

"Listen, this is going to be one hell of a bowel movement. Afterwards, he'll be lucky if he has any bones left."

Farnsworth has the best lines.

Lol, no real anime? I agree with most of your list, Itachi-san, but I have to put Baccano! somewhere at the top (especially if you count the specials). Ergo Proxy and RahXephon would probably make my list as well...Eva's my fave, though, since it was one of the first real animes (besides dubbed Sailor Moon on tv) that I saw, and it *totally* changed the way I look at things...

Lol, no real anime? I agree with most of your list, Itachi-san, but I have to put Baccano! somewhere at the top (especially if you count the specials). Ergo Proxy and RahXephon would probably make my list as well...Eva's my fave, though, since it was one of the first real animes (besides dubbed Sailor Moon on tv) that I saw, and it *totally* changed the way I look at things...

Ergo Proxy was pretty sweet indeed. It looks like I have to put Baccano! and RahXephon on my must-see list now ;) I just finished Shakugan no Shana which was really fun and creative, but nothing mind blowing. The next one I'm gonna check out is called Slayers. Another couple of great ones I didn't mention are Elfen Lied, Gantz and The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (I know that's a rather girly one, but I thought it was amazing, fun and just really well done)

My list :D

1. Wolf's Rain

2. Death Note

3. NANA

4. Hellsing

5. Card Captor Sakura

6. Gravitation

7. Vampire Hunter D

8. Trigun

9. Cowboy Bebop

10. Azumanga Daioh

11. Excel Saga

12. FLCL

13. Princess Mononoke

14. Spirited Away

15. X (the movie)

16. Vampire Knight

17. Evangelion

anime junkies ftw.

What is South Park?? :huh:

it's an american cartoon that is extremely funny (to me at least) and is also excellent satire of anything that has hit the mainstream. it's also very crude and not for the squeamish. they have pretty much done everything you could and would never think of in terms of grossness and bad taste, but it's done intelligently, not just for spectacle.

on a side note: how bad is Bleach right now?!... wow. this is by far the worst filler i've ever seen in anything <_<

just fyi: filler is when a show adds segments to the original author's story in an effort to prolong the show due to popularity, money, etc... usually filler is bad because it wasn't made by the series' author (the creator, writer, artist of the manga [manga is the original comic books, graphic novels, etc...] usually), but in Bleach's case right now... jeez. this filler is really bad.

Ergo Proxy was pretty sweet indeed. It looks like I have to put Baccano! and RahXephon on my must-see list now ;) I just finished Shakugan no Shana which was really fun and creative, but nothing mind blowing. The next one I'm gonna check out is called Slayers. Another couple of great ones I didn't mention are Elfen Lied, Gantz and The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (I know that's a rather girly one, but I thought it was amazing, fun and just really well done)

Yeah, Melancholy was awesome...and it's *so* not girly, lol, all of my guy friends who watch anime love it, it parodies girly anime, but in itself, it is not girly...my favorite episode (or episodes) is the one that parodies detective anime...I'm addicted to those myself...(ahhhh....500+ episodes of Detective Conan and still going!!!)

And you should *definitely* watch Baccano!...I've been telling all my friends that...hehe

it's an american cartoon that is extremely funny (to me at least) and is also excellent satire of anything that has hit the mainstream. it's also very crude and not for the squeamish. they have pretty much done everything you could and would never think of in terms of grossness and bad taste, but it's done intelligently, not just for spectacle.

on a side note: how bad is Bleach right now?!... wow. this is by far the worst filler i've ever seen in anything <_<

just fyi: filler is when a show adds segments to the original author's story in an effort to prolong the show due to popularity, money, etc... usually filler is bad because it wasn't made by the series' author (the creator, writer, artist of the manga [manga is the original comic books, graphic novels, etc...] usually), but in Bleach's case right now... jeez. this filler is really bad.

Yeah...it still really irks me that they put not only filler episodes, but an entire filler arc in the middle of the storyline, after *finally* getting back to it...gaaahhh....I wanna see the captains do some a**-kicking...;P

The only american animations I really like are the superhero ones...I'm a big fan of superheroes...Justice League and Justice League Unlimited were awesome, I love the clever way they put jokes in that only adults would get...Flash: I'm the fastest guy on earth. Hawkgirl: Yeah we know... is that why you can't get a date? ;P

Samurai Champloo!

FLCL for sure

So I totally loved Sailor Moon when I was a kid (halloween costume and all) and then I watched it recently and realized it really isn't the same as I was when I was 8...

Spirited Away

Howl's Moving Castle, although I'm not sure it counts as Anime, it is one of my favorite animated movies!