• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hotel - Back to the Logic Puzzles

13 men came into a hotel with 12 rooms and everybody wanted his own room. The bellboy solved this problem.

He asked the thirteenth guest to wait a moment with the first guest in room number 1. So in the first room there were two people. The bellboy took the third guest to room number 2, the fourth to number 3, ... and the twelfth guest to room number 11. Then he returned to room number 1 and took the thirteenth guest to empty room number 12.

How can everybody have his own room?

Hotel - solution

Of course, it is impossible. Into the second room should have gone the 2nd guest, because the 13th guest was waiting in room number 1.

Still not all 13 have their own room... u r counting the 2nd guest as 13th but still the actual 13th guest is not having any room

This one is tricky,but you have to pay attention.I think someone told this before but I'm gonna repeat it.You're counting the thirteenth guest twice.Sice it waits with the frist onn in room #1,this makes him both guestt #2 and guest#13 at the same time

• 1 month later...
AHHHHH, Took me a minute... But I got it.. Your counting the 13th guest twice. Both as one of the first 2 guests in room 1, AND the 13th guest. Impossible. Gotcha..lol Sucks to be the lucky number 13 in this situation, huh??

Yeah, I would say not...

I was really truely born on Friday the 13th in September.

How is that for an "Unlucky" surprise???

I don't like people who affend the number 13, that's my lucky number.

I'd take that back if I was you...

The "Bug" Box...

Yeah... for you... I changed what you wrote, Unlucky to Lucky...

And I thank me! :D:P

hillarious banebrain.... let him sleep in the elevator... just give him a pillow and say sleep. loll.

but i think that the bellboy convinced the second guest to go somewhere else, gave him a 500 dollar bill and said have at it honey see ya later.... :lol: loll.

if its a floor then its impossible. If its a room with more rooms in it (lets say the living room and twelve more rooms) then the 2nd guy would sleep in the living room

Hotel - Back to the Logic Puzzles

13 men came into a hotel with 12 rooms and everybody wanted his own room. The bellboy solved this problem.

He asked the thirteenth guest to wait a moment with the first guest in room number 1. So in the first room there were two people. The bellboy took the third guest to room number 2, the fourth to number 3, ... and the twelfth guest to room number 11. Then he returned to room number 1 and took the thirteenth guest to empty room number 12.

How can everybody have his own room?

Hotel - solution

Of course, it is impossible. Into the second room should have gone the 2nd guest, because the 13th guest was waiting in room number 1.

I think I'm missing something. What happenned to guest No.2?

I think this one is all in the telling

• 1 month later...

if the 12 rooms were not merely numbered 1-12 and one of the rooms was numbered 0 then the first guest could go to room 0 even though there were only 12 rooms

• 1 month later...